thanks for the memories.
  • Keiras_Mom
    Keiras_Mom Posts: 844 Member
    Options
    Nope, and I hope it doesn't happen. :devil:
  • sunsnstatheart
    sunsnstatheart Posts: 2,544 Member
    Options
    Honestly I hate religion pushers and religion haters equally. There are certain times when people should take the opportunity to STFU. Certain subjects are not appropriate for polite conversation. Or talk about sex. Sex talk is good.
  • NikoM5
    NikoM5 Posts: 488 Member
    Options
    I wish I got messages like that! I enjoy a good argument with the religious.
  • spongeh
    spongeh Posts: 152 Member
    Options
    oh golly just because I don't have an imaginary friend someone would feel the need to pray to their imaginary friend for me?
  • VitVit18
    VitVit18 Posts: 103 Member
    Options
    Have gotten this plenty in real life, but I haven't gotten it online... well... other than on Facebook where my conservative Christian friends like to hang out lol. And where I post stuff about science, evolution (IDK why but this started a huge sh*tstorm on my Facebook one day, so I quote Darwin and Wallace just to stir the pot lol), stem-cell research, lgbt-rights, drinking alcohol, and partying, just to get them going!
  • pastryari
    pastryari Posts: 8,646 Member
    Options
    Honestly I hate religion pushers and religion haters equally. There are certain times when people should take the opportunity to STFU. Certain subjects are not appropriate for polite conversation. Or talk about sex. Sex talk is good.

idnM0d8.gif
  • TheUnthinkingMajority
    Options
    Please don't stop reading this but your title intrigued me as I am a Christian. I can only apologise for this person's attitude which I like to feel is not what I would consider to be a normal Christian one. I would never try to force my beliefs on others- I believe that the best witness is actually one of love.

All the very best with your weight loss journey x

Would never stop reading because you're Christian. I have Christian buddies.
    We know as long as we're not letting our beliefs/non-beliefs interfere with anything, we're good.
    I respect others beliefs, as long as they're not trying to spoon force-feed it to me.
  • _Witsy_
    _Witsy_ Posts: 609 Member
    Options

Yeah I agree.

Let's just talk about sex. And bacon.
  • Lone_Wolf70
    Lone_Wolf70 Posts: 2,820 Member
    Options
    I do find it quite annoying that what seems like a large majority of atheists like to tell me how I must not be able to think for myself since i'm a christian.
  • Pixi_Rex
    Pixi_Rex Posts: 1,676 Member
    Options
    There was this one time... and then I clicked block... and never heard from them again.
  • Alex_is_Hawks
    Alex_is_Hawks Posts: 3,499 Member
    Options
    in before the lock.

I had one...she was respectful...questioned my lack of belief and said she wanted to know more to understand why I didn't believe. I gave her my food for thought and left it at that.

she left it at that also...

again she was very respectful....which was a first in a LONG time.
  • SoDamnHungry
    SoDamnHungry Posts: 6,998 Member
    Options
    Peeps be douche bags.
  • PatrickSwayzesGhost
    PatrickSwayzesGhost Posts: 300 Member
    Options
    Let's just talk about sex. And bacon.
    Oh my. You're talking about sex and bacon. You're snarky. Let's be friends.
  • DontStopB_Leakin
    DontStopB_Leakin Posts: 3,863 Member
    Options
    Never had a problem with this.

Probably because I don't advertise my beliefs, or engage in conversations that I don't want to.
  • ladymiseryali
    ladymiseryali Posts: 2,555 Member
    Options
    I don't allow people to push their beliefs upon me. I also don't push my lack of beliefs upon others.
  • dym123
    dym123 Posts: 1,670 Member
    Options
    Once I tell them I'm an atheist, most leave it at that, but the unfortunate few that want to delve more into why? Then I put it in historical context, since they don't want a history lesson, they leave me alone.
  • BurtHuttz
    BurtHuttz Posts: 3,653 Member
    Options
    OP IS JUST TRYING TO COMPILE A LIST OF ATHEISTS FOR CONVERSION!!! DO NOT REPLY TO THIS THREAD!

tumblr_lkdj1l1MpT1qfd0ebo1_500.gif
  • sa11yjane
    sa11yjane Posts: 491 Member
    Options
    "Would never stop reading because you're Christian. I have Christian buddies.
    We know as long as we're not letting our beliefs/non-beliefs interfere with anything, we're good.
    I respect others beliefs, as long as they're not trying to spoon force-feed it to me.
    [/quote]" Your quote which should be in bold and blue!

Amen to that!!!
  • pastryari
    pastryari Posts: 8,646 Member
    Options
    OP IS JUST TRYING TO COMPILE A LIST OF ATHEISTS FOR CONVERSION!!! DO NOT REPLY TO THIS THREAD!

tumblr_lkdj1l1MpT1qfd0ebo1_500.gif

P9HZaHm.gif
This discussion has been closed.