Butthurt

Options

Replies

• wewon
    wewon Posts: 838 Member
    Options
    My teenage daughter taught me "butt-hurt" and its companion phrase "rage-quit"

I always called that being from New Jersey.
  • k8blujay2
    k8blujay2 Posts: 4,941 Member
    Options
    I was on another forum and someone was talking about a guy that she like, but didn't know if she call him that she would appear "thirsty".

*and no, I didn't suggest that she drink water before she called.

However, I didn't know what it meant exactly.

I HATE THE TERM THIRSTY!!! Thirsty is like desperate....so dumb..

Well that's a new phrase for me too... I guess I just hang around too many old people or something.

But other than that, the urban dictionary is friend... Especially, when we can get my MIL (who is a highschool teacher) read definitions to the words/phrases she hears.
  • opalescence
    opalescence Posts: 413 Member
    Options
    makes me glad to be out of the loop, especially with yolo going around... geesh :indifferent:
  • george29223
    george29223 Posts: 556 Member
    Options
    havent heard that term since i was 13 and spoke to some nice lady in a white coat about my gym teacher ....shifts eyes calmmm down sickos he hit me with a dodge ball i felll, atleast thats the story iam sticking to after the settlement ,,,shifts eyes
  • WinnerVictorious
    WinnerVictorious Posts: 4,735 Member
    Options
    I think YOLO is a hilariously obnoxious term. You YOLO haters sound butthurt.

Yoko Ono Likes Oranges

why is that obnoxious? i like oranges too. don't you like oranges? :huh:
  • wareagle8706
    wareagle8706 Posts: 1,090 Member
    Options
    I absolutely despise the "YOLO". From what I understand it means "You Only Live Once" and then excuses one to do cosmically stupid stuff. The way I see it, I live every single day of my life, thus make the best of it! The saying should read "YODO", (you only die once), and with the idiocy displayed with "YOLO", that is going to to happen much sooner than later.

total WIN!
  • AmandasaurasRex
    Options
    CC means "I understand"? Is it supposed to be thought of like "Si! Si!" ??? I'm lost....
    this is what I was thinking too. I think I'll try it out :smile:
  • AmandasaurasRex
    Options
    "blowin up my phone"
    Sigh::: I do not know this one.

And CC is closed captioned or carbon copy (or when copying emails to others, though no carbon transfer paper is beating used)

I will be old and "not street" with you.
    Word.
  • coolraul07
    coolraul07 Posts: 1,606 Member
    Options
    I was just introduced to "amazeballs" and "awesome-sauce" on MFP this year.
  • Natihilator
    Natihilator Posts: 1,778 Member
    Options
    I think YOLO is a hilariously obnoxious term. You YOLO haters sound butthurt.

Yoko Ono Likes Oranges

why is that obnoxious? i like oranges too. don't you like oranges? :huh:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GlSdiUeB7Tc
  • StinkyWinkies
    StinkyWinkies Posts: 603 Member
    Options
    I got told "I don't like 'cool'" by a boss last year...I try to stay away from slang...was is really sad is hearing 80+ year old women using it...especially "whatever"

*fer sure*

:tongue:
  • MsJulielicious
    MsJulielicious Posts: 708 Member
    Options
    My 13yo tells me that I'm "not street", so I guess I'm too old to understand all these new fangled sayings. All I know is that these damn kids need to get off my lawn.

:laugh:
  • WinnerVictorious
    Options
    for all those who absolutely, positively must stay on top of the very latest teenager slang...

http://onlineslangdictionary.com/recent/
  • 3foldchord
    3foldchord Posts: 2,918 Member
    Options
    So are today"s "YOLO" people what we used to call 'Darwin Award Recipients"?
  • WIChelle
    WIChelle Posts: 471 Member
    Options
    My son was out playing music live and I heard some of the kids in the audience say how "sick" he was... "That guy is SICK".... Well I was furious and was about to go give them a good piece of my mind when my son explained to me that "sick" actually means "GOOD". I felt way out of the loop.

My teens just explained that one to me. i was p!ssed when my sons girlfriend said my new outfit looked sick!!! They informed me since I am" ancient" at almost 43 I don't know any of the " talk". Silly kids!
  • bethvandenberg
    bethvandenberg Posts: 1,496 Member
    Options
    I always wait till a new expression is at least 6 months out of date before I use it. Then I use the hell out of it in front of my kids.
    Makes them crazier.

no they love that :)
  • WinnerVictorious
    Options
    My son was out playing music live and I heard some of the kids in the audience say how "sick" he was... "That guy is SICK".... Well I was furious and was about to go give them a good piece of my mind when my son explained to me that "sick" actually means "GOOD". I felt way out of the loop.

My teens just explained that one to me. i was p!ssed when my sons girlfriend said my new outfit looked sick!!! They informed me since I am" ancient" at almost 43 I don't know any of the " talk". Silly kids!

"sick" was in use 20-25 years ago. i remember it being in common use during college... back in the days where you could say "dude" and have it mean like 28 different things, depending on inflection. :laugh:

e.g.,

"dude, that was sick!"
  • AmandasaurasRex
    Options
    I always wait till a new expression is at least 6 months out of date before I use it. Then I use the hell out of it in front of my kids.
    Makes them crazier.

no they love that :)
    I love it! My dad still says "the bomb" and other various crap that makes me ROFL
  • FullOfWin
    FullOfWin Posts: 1,414 Member
    Options
    A ton of Sh$t weights more than a ton of fat.

Come at me bro.

YOLO
  • Songbird1104
    Songbird1104 Posts: 210 Member
    Options
    Apparently today if it is sick that is good!!!! Back when I was a kid and was sick I got an anal thermometer stuck up my *kitten*!

Although it's not my preferred mode of obtaining my temperature, I think that's the best place for an ANAL thermometer... other locations are less palatable... :wink: