Butthurt

Options

Replies

• metaphoria
    metaphoria Posts: 1,432 Member
    Options
    A couple years ago, I was watching tv and saw a preview of the next season of Next Top Model, and Tyra Banks was trying to start the use of "disgusting" as the new slang, instead of sick or "you killed it". So she yelled, "that photo shoot was diiiisgustiiiing!" And the model looked about ready to cry. Lol Fail, Tyra.
  • AmandasaurasRex
    Options
    My teenage daughter taught me "butt-hurt" and its companion phrase "rage-quit"
    I will be using them for decades.
    Rage-quit!? What is this word you speak of??
  • CorvusCorax77
    CorvusCorax77 Posts: 2,536 Member
    Options
    My 13yo tells me that I'm "not street", so I guess I'm too old to understand all these new fangled sayings. All I know is that these damn kids need to get off my lawn.
    I'm part of the GET OFF MY LAWN crew!
  • CorvusCorax77
    Options
    for the record, I used the phrase "butthurt" on a status on MFP and everyone came out talking about their squats LOL!

I love MFP!
  • clhous03
    Options
    My 13yo tells me that I'm "not street", so I guess I'm too old to understand all these new fangled sayings. All I know is that these damn kids need to get off my lawn.

lmao!
  • clhous03
    Options
    I don't know about sayings/phrases, but I knew I was old the first time I said, "I just don't get music today." lol
  • CorvusCorax77
    Options
    I don't know about sayings/phrases, but I knew I was old the first time I said, "I just don't get music today." lol

Or you just have a decent concept of taste and talent!

What is it with that autotune crap?!?!?!?
  • Drop_it_Like_Its_Hawt
    Options
    I recently found out the word "Frap" was banned from my daughters middle-school class. It's apparently not just short for Frappuchino, but a pseudo-cussword combo of crap and the f-word. Oh, FRAP!
  • obolton756
    obolton756 Posts: 261 Member
    Options
    At 19 years old I would say I am of a younger generation...

HOWEVER...

HASHTAG... YOLO... SWAG..

Really? I haven't a clue.. Really gets on my goat..
  • WIChelle
    WIChelle Posts: 471 Member
    Options
    My son was out playing music live and I heard some of the kids in the audience say how "sick" he was... "That guy is SICK".... Well I was furious and was about to go give them a good piece of my mind when my son explained to me that "sick" actually means "GOOD". I felt way out of the loop.

My teens just explained that one to me. i was p!ssed when my sons girlfriend said my new outfit looked sick!!! They informed me since I am" ancient" at almost 43 I don't know any of the " talk". Silly kids!

"sick" was in use 20-25 years ago. i remember it being in common use during college... back in the days where you could say "dude" and have it mean like 28 different things, depending on inflection. :laugh:

e.g.,

"dude, that was sick!"

I must have missed it then because to me sick always equaled illness.
  • CorvusCorax77
    Options
    I recently found out the word "Frap" was banned from my daughters middle-school class. It's apparently not just short for Frappuchino, but a pseudo-cussword combo of crap and the f-word. Oh, FRAP!

oh hon, You need the urban dictionary:

http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=Frap&defid=4336760

I think it's a variation of *kitten*.

Or maybe I'm too old.

GET OFF MY LAWN!
  • Drop_it_Like_Its_Hawt
    Options

oh hon, You need the urban dictionary:

http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=Frap&defid=4336760

I think it's a variation of *kitten*.

Or maybe I'm too old.

GET OFF MY LAWN!

Oh dear.
  • AmandasaurasRex
    Options
    Whaaa??? Mind=blown!! :huh:
  • AmandasaurasRex
    Options
    Whaaa??? Mind=blown!! :huh:

Ok so I just looked it up on urban dictionary. WOAH!
  • WinnerVictorious
    WinnerVictorious Posts: 4,735 Member
    Options

it first occurred to me that i was old when i bought my first home and realized that i now owned a stove, a dishwasher, and full-sized refrigerator.
  • lizlkbg
    lizlkbg Posts: 566
    Options

It's the equivalent of taking your ball and going home when you're playing an online game (or, as the kids say, RPG)
  • jnichel
    jnichel Posts: 4,553 Member
    Options

You know, the kind of person who is losing at a game, and just throws the game board off the table.....now-a-days, computer games and all...smashes keyboard et al.
  • jnichel
    jnichel Posts: 4,553 Member
    Options
    I'm part of the GET OFF MY LAWN crew!

I try to get my oldest son (19) to explain these things to me, but he just uses a lot of gibberish, and ends it with, "we cool pops?"
  • clhous03
    Options

Or you just have a decent concept of taste and talent!

What is it with that autotune crap?!?!?!?

And whatever happened to guitar solos?!?! My 18-year-old cousin, who says he's a metal fan, acts like I'm crazy when I talk about guitar solos! I'm like, "Really? Are you sure what you're listening to is metal?" lol
  • peckish_pomegranate
    peckish_pomegranate Posts: 242 Member
    Options
    Okay, besides all the other crazy inappropriate junk going on in this thread that I'm going to just ignore, "butthurt" is actually a rape joke.

And it's 100% not okay to joke about rape- it's offensive and insensitive to rape survivors and promotes treating this super serious thing with a casualness that's not okay. Essentially, joking about rape makes raping or being a victim of rape a joke.

Stop using it people, seriously.