Butthurt

Options

Replies

• jnichel
    jnichel Posts: 4,553 Member
    Options
    I don't know about sayings/phrases, but I knew I was old the first time I said, "I just don't get music today." lol

Or you just have a decent concept of taste and talent!

What is it with that autotune crap?!?!?!?

And whatever happened to guitar solos?!?! My 18-year-old cousin, who says he's a metal fan, acts like I'm crazy when I talk about guitar solos! I'm like, "Really? Are you sure what you're listening to is metal?" lol

My 19yo is into punk. My 13yo is into pop. Luckily, my 7yo has restored my faith in youngsters. He listens to a healthy mix of classic rock, old and new metal.
  • jnichel
    Options
    Okay, besides all the other crazy inappropriate junk going on in this thread that I'm going to just ignore, "butthurt" is actually a rape joke.

And it's 100% not okay to joke about rape- it's offensive and insensitive to rape survivors and promotes treating this super serious thing with a casualness that's not okay. Essentially, joking about rape makes raping or being a victim of rape a joke.

Stop using it people, seriously.

Did you read that on the Internet?

Butthurt is *NOT* a rape joke. It is in reference to how one's butt feels after it gets kicked. Metaphorically hurting after getting it metaphorically kicked, as it is commonly used today.
  • CassieReannan
    CassieReannan Posts: 1,479 Member
    Options
    32976846.jpg
  • AmandasaurasRex
    Options
    Okay, besides all the other crazy inappropriate junk going on in this thread that I'm going to just ignore, "butthurt" is actually a rape joke.

And it's 100% not okay to joke about rape- it's offensive and insensitive to rape survivors and promotes treating this super serious thing with a casualness that's not okay. Essentially, joking about rape makes raping or being a victim of rape a joke.

Ha! oh my goodness, I know one!! It's not a rape joke, it basically means getting your feelings hurt.
  • FullOfWin
    FullOfWin Posts: 1,414 Member
    Options

Can anyone guess what I am dying to say?
  • JessikaBlayne
    Options
    "ratchet"
  • CorvusCorax77
    CorvusCorax77 Posts: 2,536 Member
    Options

I too am against rape jokes and don't think they are funny.

However, "butthurt" is not a rape joke. It's a phrase relating to how one's butt hurts after it gets kicked.

I am known on MFP for being one who will call someone one out on a rape joke and I have lost "pals" over it. I am not offended by the phrase butt hurt.
  • Bumdrahp
    Bumdrahp Posts: 1,314 Member
    Options

LAWL
  • Bumdrahp
    Bumdrahp Posts: 1,314 Member
    Options
    32976846.jpg

Perrrfecto!!!
  • CorvusCorax77
    Options

no but i wanna hear it.
  • RitaSantoss
    RitaSantoss Posts: 986 Member
    Options
    Skinny-fat was something I never heard or understood before MFP.

And if you want to get to know the "current" Internet language you need to get yourself a Tumblr account.
  • CorvusCorax77
    Options
    I don't know about sayings/phrases, but I knew I was old the first time I said, "I just don't get music today." lol

And whatever happened to guitar solos?!?! My 18-year-old cousin, who says he's a metal fan, acts like I'm crazy when I talk about guitar solos! I'm like, "Really? Are you sure what you're listening to is metal?" lol

My 19yo is into punk. My 13yo is into pop. Luckily, my 7yo has restored my faith in youngsters. He listens to a healthy mix of classic rock, old and new metal.

Punk is cool too, yo.

even the metal heads know it:

http://youtu.be/SMNFOf-YgTY
  • FullOfWin
    FullOfWin Posts: 1,414 Member
    Options

no but i wanna hear it.

"someone is butthurt"
  • melissab6968
    melissab6968 Posts: 56 Member
    Options
    Do not concern yourself with LINGO but focus on the emotion! If it is negative, push it away. If it is positive, embrace it!
  • sissiluv
    sissiluv Posts: 2,205 Member
    Options
    Skinny-fat was something I never heard or understood before MFP.

And if you want to get to know the "current" Internet language you need to get yourself a Tumblr account.
    DON'T DO IT!
    It's ruined every foundation I've built my life upon.
    TREAD WITH CAUTION.
  • jnichel
    Options

Punk is cool too, yo.

even the metal heads know it:

http://youtu.be/SMNFOf-YgTY

My 19yo wouldn't consider the Stooges punk....he would call that, "old crap". :)
  • yo_andi
    yo_andi Posts: 2,178 Member
    Options
    I just read in my Communications textbook this morning that "CC" is text-speak for "I understand". I have never heard this before, but if it's in a textbook, it must be true... right?

CC in my career means Carbon copied...

CC at home means closed captioned...

I use both regularly....

I suppose close-captioned is the special way of saying "I understand" to us deaf folks.

:flowerforyou:
  • yo_andi
    yo_andi Posts: 2,178 Member
    Options

Nope.
  • CorvusCorax77
    Options

My 19yo wouldn't consider the Stooges punk....he would call that, "old crap". :)

What does he consider punk? if you say "Green Day" i'm gonna laugh until I vomit.
  • jnichel
    Options

What does he consider punk? if you say "Green Day" i'm gonna laugh until I vomit.

I sincerely hope you're close to a toilet, or have a bucket handy.