What do you refuse to take out of your diet?

Options
What is the one food or treat you refuse to give up?

How do you control the amount of that item that you eat?

I'm a huge Dr. Pepper fiend. I refuse to give it up completely, and whenever I try I'm completely miserable and feel deprived. I've been trying to cut back to only 1-2 a week. I drink sparkling water with natural flavor when I crave the fizz. I'm just curious what other people insist on keeping in their diets :-)

Replies

• JeanneJeanne
    JeanneJeanne Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    Pizza. I eat it less often, and look for lower calorie options, but I refuse to give it up completely.
  • MorgueBabe
    MorgueBabe Posts: 1,188 Member
    Options
    Carbs. I Love rice and pasta and potatoes; I just eat less of them. now.
  • CharRicho
    CharRicho Posts: 389 Member
    Options
    Bacon.

It's a once a week treat, but I eat less of it now than I used to.
  • trophywife24
    trophywife24 Posts: 1,472 Member
    Options
    Anything that I like, really. I just limit things...... I don't eat out more than once a week, etc. I'm all about portion control, logging it, and moving on.
  • Breathing2theBeat
    Options
    potatoes, bread, red velvet, reese cups <---they're here to stay!
  • CoachReddy
    CoachReddy Posts: 3,949 Member
    Options
    pizza as well. once in a blue moon I need my sloppy NYC pizza fix. truly the greatest thing on earth. once a month or so max.
  • PapaverSomniferum
    PapaverSomniferum Posts: 2,677 Member
    Options
    CHOCOLATE
  • MizTerry
    MizTerry Posts: 3,763 Member
    Options
    Pizza for sure, and the occasional frozen yogurt, but I do try to spread that out over a couple of days.
  • determined_erin
    determined_erin Posts: 571 Member
    Options
    Chocolate and pasta!
  • olDave
    olDave Posts: 557 Member
    Options
    I haven't given up anything. I simply track calories. One good idea though..."All things in moderation."

Good luck! :smile:
  • Chameleongal
    Options
    Wine- Moscato to be precise. It's only 127 calories per 5oz so I manage to fit it in there from extra calories I gain from walking.
  • keith0373
    keith0373 Posts: 2,154 Member
    Options
    Pizza. I eat it less often, and look for lower calorie options, but I refuse to give it up completely.

^^ This. And once a week I eat Burger King croissants for breakfast, but the ham and cheese ones aren't too hard to keep in my calorie budget for a day.

Oh, and alcohol, and . . ., and . . . , and . . .

OK, I suck at the eating part of this, but I am under every day with exercise . . .
  • lisaanne1369
    lisaanne1369 Posts: 377 Member
    Options
    Beer and potato chips ! :drinker: but I may try giving up chips at lent .
  • NutellaAddict
    NutellaAddict Posts: 1,258 Member
    Options
    Anything that I like, really. I just limit things...... I don't eat out more than once a week, etc. I'm all about portion control, logging it, and moving on.

Yup
  • ldrosophila
    ldrosophila Posts: 7,512 Member
    Options
    cheese!
  • binknbaby
    binknbaby Posts: 207 Member
    Options
    Chocolate....

I've compromised on that one, though, and just have dark instead of milk. Dark has less sugar and no dairy, so it's the better choice and I like it better than milk anyways. But even with that better alternative, I still consider it a treat!
  • fatjavotte
    fatjavotte Posts: 96 Member
    Options
    Chocolate and bread.
  • MaraDiaz
    MaraDiaz Posts: 4,604 Member
    Options
    Meat. It's not that I wouldn't prefer to not eat animals because I really would rather not. It's not that I wouldn't prefer to be less of a massive drain on the environment because I would really rather do my bit to preserve it. But it comes down to what I feel good eating and what has made it possible to lose the excess pounds without being a craving beastie. And unfortunately for the moo cows of the world and for all of the ecosystems that raising moo cows destroys, a diet heavy in beef is working great for me.

As long as I never get bitten by that lone star tick, my new boogieman. Horrid thing!

http://health.usnews.com/health-news/news/articles/2012/11/09/lone-star-tick-bite-might-trigger-red-meat-allergy-study

New research adds to a growing body of evidence that suggests certain tick bites may cause even the most seasoned of carnivores to develop an allergy to red meat.
  • HippieMomma86
    HippieMomma86 Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    Beer. I only drink on the weekends and try to keep my food calories where they are normally.
  • pamperedhen
    pamperedhen Posts: 446 Member
    Options
    It's not a "food" per se but....my Starbuck's Mocha Frappuccino every morning! We have a date that even my hubby can't satisfy!:love: