How many times a week do you and your partner

Options

Replies

• NRSPAM
    NRSPAM Posts: 961 Member
    Options
    Glad somebody brought this up! When we first met, of course, we made waffles all the time. Now that we've been together for several years, and we're both so busy with work, the house, and the kids, I don't feel like making waffles as much as I used to, but he still wants to make them all the time! Especially since I've lost so much weight, he really wants to make waffles now! I guess I'm just tired of waffles, and I'm tired from chasing around a 1yo all the time, and trying to work...NIGHT SHIFT, and keep the house clean, and get my workouts in, and all that crazy stuff. I tried to plan a date night, so we could spend some alone time, and have a few drinks to put me in the mood for waffles....but no babysitter! I feel like I'll never have a babysitter for us to go out anymore! Not to mention, even though he wants waffles all the time, he always wants me to do all the work!!! Ok, done venting...after reading this back...it's pretty funny! :tongue:
  • feliligram
    Options
    probably make some waffles later, if he's good. :devil:
  • ILiftHeavyAcrylics
    ILiftHeavyAcrylics Posts: 27,732 Member
    Options
    We try to make waffles every day. Doesn't fit my macros but I don't care. I just love waffles so much. :blushing:
  • 007bondage
    007bondage Posts: 631 Member
    Options
    :heart: this thread :drinker:
  • weightedfootsteps
    weightedfootsteps Posts: 4,349 Member
    Options
    I want to try this different kind of waffle maker where you flip it over and use the other side. She won't let me, and keeps saying she isn't into that kind of waffles :sad:

What you need to do is add a very decent amount of vodka to your partner's batter about and hour before you make the waffles.... Might work....
    Don't forget when you do use the new waffle maker to use some cooking spray
  • shellma00
    shellma00 Posts: 1,684 Member
    Options
    It would be nice to log waffles as exercise.. That would fit into everyone's macros.
  • MyOwnSunshine
    MyOwnSunshine Posts: 1,312 Member
    Options
    Waffles don't fit my macros...apparently.

Yep. Sigh...
  • moustache_flavored_lube
    Options

Question: is there a difference between waffles, pancakes, and things like crepes and french toast?

Cause some people on here want pancakes... And I'm left asking "what the deuce is a pancake?"

I am also confused by the pancake references. +1 for use of deuce
  • mtpayne5
    mtpayne5 Posts: 350 Member
    Options
    How many calories do you burn making waffles? I want to log those! COME ON MFP!
  • PBsMommy
    PBsMommy Posts: 1,166 Member
    Options
    I want to try this different kind of waffle maker where you flip it over and use the other side. She won't let me, and keeps saying she isn't into that kind of waffles :sad:

What you need to do is add a very decent amount of vodka to your partner's batter about and hour before you make the waffles.... Might work....

Yeah and cook it on low for awhile until you break in that side of the waffle maker..
  • moustache_flavored_lube
    Options

HAHHAHHA these are both great suggestions
  • HealthWoke0ish
    HealthWoke0ish Posts: 2,078 Member
    Options
    Five or six times a week. That's not five or six days...that's five or six times (life gets pretty hectic, mid-week). Sometimes on the weekend, we have waffles for breakfast, lunch AND dinner. Cha ching!
  • MrsBikiniBound
    Options
    Hubby works 24 hour shifts as a fire fighter but even then I generally try and make waffles in the morning so he has energy for work... No such thing as too much waffles :)
  • BamsieEkhaya
    BamsieEkhaya Posts: 657 Member
    Options

find the best kind of cooking spray for that in ann summers...designed for the flipped over waffles (just saying!):blushing: also you might need A LOT of cooking spray
  • weightedfootsteps
    weightedfootsteps Posts: 4,349 Member
    Options

HAHHAHHA these are both great suggestions
    LOL your welcome!!
  • MsDover
    MsDover Posts: 395 Member
    Options
    I just had surgery and I'm still recuperating so waffles have been off the menu for just over 2 weeks, but I had the most awesome dream about waffles last night! The doctor says just another week or so and we can get that bottle of syrup out and eat up again... maybe even with a nice dollop of whipped cream, too!
  • AmberB519
    AmberB519 Posts: 336 Member
    Options
    Damn, now I'm hungry. Thanks
  • jos05
    jos05 Posts: 263 Member
    Options
    Well, I have standard sized waffles at least twice a week with the same iron. I also enjoy a belgian on the side every now and then with a younger iron. I'm not totally commited to either waffle as I enjoy them both. :wink:

This is the best answer.

agreed!! Best answer!!
    I think waffles should be consumed at least 5 days a week....minimum... But since I've been single for almost 5 yrs... I am starting to think that waffles will be added to my pre-nup!!!
  • wildcatnyc
    wildcatnyc Posts: 2,410 Member
    Options
    I am single. I have to make all my waffles with my own hands :-(

Too bad you don't live in Jersey...we could make waffles together ;-)
  • bejuled74
    bejuled74 Posts: 191 Member
    Options
    My fiancé and I have been together for 8 years. We have waffles almost daily. Sometimes I don't feel like having waffles, but I usually give into his craving for waffles, and end up being glad I did. And yes there is a such thing as too many waffles. You will know it when you have reached your waffle limit, your waffle maker will need a break from over use.