Anyone else shy about working out in front of their spouse?

Options
12346»

Replies

• sarrora
    sarrora Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    i'm not married , but i live with my family and i don't really like them watching me workout .
  • foxymama73
    foxymama73 Posts: 60 Member
    Options
    Thanks everyone...btw..my husband is supportive, but not so supportive he wants to join me (even though he says he will)...I lock myself in my room, too.
  • iamtutt
    iamtutt Posts: 10
    Options
    HA! YES!

Only with ZUMBA and workout videos though, with running I could care less.. BUT any time I do ZUMBA.. I MAKE my boyfriend play videos games or hang out on his PC! I KNOW I look ridiculous, I don't need it pointed out lmao.

This! Only when it's Zumba or 30 day shred.
  • MizTerry
    MizTerry Posts: 3,763 Member
    Options
    When my husband and I dated, we worked out together. Now that he doesn't exercise, I don't exercise in front of him.
  • MyChocolateDiet
    MyChocolateDiet Posts: 22,281 Member
    Options
    I dont understand the desire to want to watch someone exercise at home. Whenever a gf wanted to do a home exercise DVD, I would leave the room and read a book, watch TV, or run an errand elsewhere.

if you saw me in my glitter thong when I'm a size 4 I think you'd change your mind about that.
  • BelindaDuvessa
    BelindaDuvessa Posts: 1,014 Member
    Options
    When we had a gym membership, we'd go together and that was fine. But I'm a bit self conscious about him watching me do videos. I'm not sure why, though. It may be because he doesn't exercise anymore, and I don't want him to discourage me while I'm trying to. I'd love him to start, though.
  • RECowgill
    RECowgill Posts: 881 Member
    Options
    No in fact I wish I could get my wife to show up to the gym. Almost every time I go, I can't get her to go. She hasn't gone with me once! Maybe she'll see this and see I really want her to show up. :flowerforyou:
  • JO4IT
    JO4IT Posts: 79 Member
    Options
    No one must watch my attempts at Zumba! I am soooo uncoordinated that I rarely can follow the dancers. So I pretty much just keep moving and try and to do some of the moves, even though I do them nowhere near the way they're supposed to be done! The dog even barks at me....I look that bad.
  • monicamk1975
    monicamk1975 Posts: 298 Member
    Options
    Not at all, he joins me when I'm doing the 30DS, but when I'm on the treadmill or eliptical it drives me nuts if he's in the same room talking to me lol its soooo distracting, at least for me anyway ;)
  • LisaMia66
    Options
    Yes, I'm shy, or rather, I'm embarrassed for him to see me working out to videos or dancing. I look like a newborn giraffe; all gangly legs and all. I don't mind if he sees me on the elliptical or doing toning exercises and lifting weights.
  • SarahJayRigdon
    SarahJayRigdon Posts: 113 Member
    Options
    No way! I figure if he's seen me naked doing the hibbide-dibidee, and still insists that I'm beautiful, then watching me wiggle around doing Zumba or Wii Fit can't be worse. I think it depends on each person and each couple. We love to joke around and tease each other, but if we workout together, we don't get much accompilished. Everyone has a diffrent way of doing things and you have to do what's best for you. If you're too distracted by feeling self-concisice when your husband is watching, then you're never going to get a quality workout.
  • Fozzi43
    Fozzi43 Posts: 2,984 Member
    Options
    Hell no..if he laughed he'd get a smack in the chops.
  • mrsg2013
    mrsg2013 Posts: 63 Member
    Options
    not at all, his seen me give birth twice lol.
    he just plays game anyway!
  • MissPeppers
    MissPeppers Posts: 302 Member
    Options
    In the beginning it was quite awkward, but I've gotten more used to it now. I work out at home, in the living room, and if he's home early he's there while I work out. He doesn't watch me all the time, only looks now and then - and comments on how sexy I am! Sure, all red face and sweaty - don't feel like it... but it took some getting used to, I'll admit that.
  • shaunap3
    shaunap3 Posts: 206 Member
    Options
    Totally with you. I hate having him see me sweat, which is ridiculous because we've been together for 3 years, he's seen me in worse states! After I started looking into joining a gym again he offered to look into getting me into his universities gym, but I turned him down and he thought I was crazy. I just know I wouldn't use it because I would HAVE to go with him. :/ It's so silly, but you're not alone.
  • Hbazzell
    Hbazzell Posts: 899 Member
    Options
    I could never do a video in front of anyone I dont think. Even my besty/husband. I do elliptical in front of him though. I just think that doing videos looks like someone dancing by themselves. lol. Maybe if he looked like a fool with me.
  • Hbazzell
    Hbazzell Posts: 899 Member
    Options
    No in fact I wish I could get my wife to show up to the gym. Almost every time I go, I can't get her to go. She hasn't gone with me once! Maybe she'll see this and see I really want her to show up. :flowerforyou:

MAybe she is scared to work out in front of you, or other people? I used to have gym anxiety really really bad. It only goes away when you start doing it though!