You Can Go To The Melting Pot!

Options

Replies

• astrobob76
    Options
    i went last night. great experiance. was for my girls birthday so it was worth every penny cuz it made her happy. diet buster for sure, but o well, back on the saddle today!
  • hearthemelody
    hearthemelody Posts: 1,025 Member
    Options
    Vote with your wallet.

So if you have more in your wallet you get more votes?

Somehow that doesn't seem right...
  • Onesnap
    Onesnap Posts: 2,819 Member
    Options
    Vote with your wallet.

So if you have more in your wallet you get more votes?

Somehow that doesn't seem right...

I have $0 in my wallet. But when it's a splurge I'm not voting National Chain. You can if you want.
  • Bonny619
    Bonny619 Posts: 311 Member
    Options
    Pick a better soap box.
  • Onesnap
    Options
    Pick a better soap box.

No you.
  • klbaierwalter
    klbaierwalter Posts: 309 Member
    Options
    We get it onesnap, you prefer to get your meats/seafood from other sources and I understand that you are trying to educate everyone, but not everyone is going to agree with you, get over it, that's life. We also get that you live 1/2 hr from the ocean. I'm not trying to be mean, but you sound like you personally think you're better/smarter than anyone else on here. If you're going to troll and try to make people feel less about themselves, then find somewhere else to do it. The OP was just letting people know about a promotion that a certain restaurant was running. Let it go, you have said your piece and some people may take that information, and some may not. You've done what you can do, so back off. I think the information you have provided is interesting and something worth looking into. But you can also start your OWN thread about that information, not destroy this one.
  • firstsip
    firstsip Posts: 8,399 Member
    Options
    Never heard of it. I live in Michigan. Probably for the best though, $150 is crazy for one meal!

There's several in Michigan...

And Onesnape's kinda bringing it hard... but HOLY CRAP IS MELTING POT EXPENSIVE.
  • stealthSLOTH
    stealthSLOTH Posts: 695 Member
    Options
    :embarassed: :laugh: i'm such a dork - i thought we were Schoolhouse Rocking!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=32l3sTFRFX8
  • Onesnap
    Options
    Never heard of it. I live in Michigan. Probably for the best though, $150 is crazy for one meal!

There's several in Michigan...

And Onesnape's kinda bringing it hard... but HOLY CRAP IS MELTING POT EXPENSIVE.

Well sometimes it takes "hard" to get the point across. It is expensive. Sorry if I was excessive in my points but...every splurge is different to different people. That's why some people have $600 purses and others go on fancy vacations. To each their own. :) The important thing is you are out with friends and family.

To quote Grumpy Cat: "I had fun once. It was awful"

:flowerforyou:
  • LoveMy3Boys
    LoveMy3Boys Posts: 562 Member
    Options
    local people work at the Melting Pot. At the very least, that is supporting the local economy. Its amazing to see a crusade against this business specifically. lol
  • infamousmk
    infamousmk Posts: 6,033 Member
    Options
    You know what's even more scrumptuous that the Melting Pot? Doing fondue at home. It's way more fun and costs quite a bit less.

Which reminds me ... it's about time to plan a fondue party..

Oh, but I don't worry about the calories when I have a meal with friends/my husband like this. It's a celebration and I like having those in my life.
  • shellma00
    shellma00 Posts: 1,684 Member
    Options
    We get it onesnap, you prefer to get your meats/seafood from other sources and I understand that you are trying to educate everyone, but not everyone is going to agree with you, get over it, that's life. We also get that you live 1/2 hr from the ocean. I'm not trying to be mean, but you sound like you personally think you're better/smarter than anyone else on here. If you're going to troll and try to make people feel less about themselves, then find somewhere else to do it. The OP was just letting people know about a promotion that a certain restaurant was running. Let it go, you have said your piece and some people may take that information, and some may not. You've done what you can do, so back off. I think the information you have provided is interesting and something worth looking into. But you can also start your OWN thread about that information, not destroy this one.

I agree 100% ^^^^^^
  • jess7386
    jess7386 Posts: 477 Member
    Options
    Also.... I'm from Boston, and have been forced to go to the melting pot on occasion. I've never spent $150 there (even for two couples), so this is blatantly untrue.

Also, there are PLENTY of places in Boston you can spend $400 on a meal, and plenty you can spend $50 on. Money and the fact that we are from Boston is irrelevant. If you don't like it, don't go.

If you like fresh seafood and small business, go support one.

Not everyone comes to MFP to be educated about sustainable products until it's beaten into their skull. Some people simply want to learn how to count calories in their food better. Which the OP's post has accomplished.
  • RoboGal12
    RoboGal12 Posts: 23 Member
    Options

Very well said!
  • Jacwhite22
    Jacwhite22 Posts: 7,012 Member
    Options
    I prefer the cheese and chocolate fondues.
  • doorki
    doorki Posts: 2,611 Member
    Options
    local people work at the Melting Pot. At the very least, that is supporting the local economy. Its amazing to see a crusade against this business specifically. lol

They are also franchises, so a local person is also owns each store.
  • Onesnap
    Options
    You know what's even more scrumptuous that the Melting Pot? Doing fondue at home. It's way more fun and costs quite a bit less.

Which reminds me ... it's about time to plan a fondue party..

Oh, but I don't worry about the calories when I have a meal with friends/my husband like this. It's a celebration and I like having those in my life.

Agreed. At home is fun. And the cheese turns out more garlicky which I love.
  • Hellbent_Heidi
    Hellbent_Heidi Posts: 3,669 Member
    Options
    sure you can go to the Melting Pot....but be prepared to spend $150 per couple.

We avoid that place like the plague. If I'm going to spend $150 it's going to be meat that's not factory farmed.
    Went with a friend for LUNCH and it was $150....we each had one meat, one salad and one glass of wine....

I was not impressed!:noway:

OP, thanks for sharing though...its always nice to know places are coming out with better options for lower calorie diners!!
  • iAMsmiling
    iAMsmiling Posts: 2,394 Member
    Options
    We get it ONESNAP.. You HATE The Melting Pot... I think the OP was only trying to tell us of a little bit of a healthier way we could eat at that particular restaurant for the people who may actually eat there. I myself have never been, but have always wanted to go. Of course it would be only for a special occasion as the price does seem a little steep.

BUT there is no reason you should continue BASHING people for their opinions or for them trying to give people information that could help them in their journey.. We get that you only like FARM raised animals and FRESH seafood... you dont have to keep trying to beat it into anyones head that has commented on this post... MOVE ALONG!!!

Thanks to ONESNAP, I've never been more motivated to eat at a Melting Pot than I am right now. There's one just 2 miles from my house and I haven't been there in years!
    Making reservations today.

Thanks again ONESNAP.
  • doorki
    doorki Posts: 2,611 Member
    Options
    I have a question for OneSnap. Being a Bostonian, where do you stand on Legal Seafood?

Also, having a foot in Maine, do you look down upon someone from, say, Pennsylvania purchasing Maine lobsters from their local grocery's seafood department?
This discussion has been closed.