What do you do while you execise?

Options

Replies

• aedurkee
    aedurkee Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    cable network news, when I'm sick of politics its time for something else. that sickness comes at different time intervals depending on the station
  • dandandee
    dandandee Posts: 301 Member
    Options
    seems a lot of people watch tv while working out!

I'd say about 3/4 of my gym's cardio machines have an attached personal tv that you can change the channel . If I get one of those I usually listen to my iPod and watch the tv just for something too look at (usually always on TLC hahahah Say yes to the Dress!) If not I just listen to my music and look outside (huge glass wall facing out - yes.. outsiders CAN see us sweat)
  • MizTerry
    MizTerry Posts: 3,763 Member
    Options
    I listen to music and think of all the nasty things I want to do to the treadmill involving a hammer.
  • CarlieeBear
    CarlieeBear Posts: 325 Member
    Options
    Sweat usually.... If nto I'm doing it wrong.... I usually end up crumpled up in a sweaty ball on the floor at the end of my workout....

LOL ... this and I also breathe hard :-)

(and listen to music, watch the captions on the TV, watch the people in front of me, sometimes listen to books, think about how hard I'm working and hope those around me notice, and think about the benefits of working out so hard)
  • HatherM
    HatherM Posts: 404 Member
    Options
    I like to watch Biggest Loser whilst I'm on my bike, it helps keep me motivated listening to Jillian & the others shouting at people :happy: plus I find it quite inspiring seeing them exercise til they drop too.
  • ktbdaviper
    Options
    The avg speed I run is 6.8 mph
  • merryknight1
    merryknight1 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I listen to audio books on audible.com. I really like it because I found listening to music to not be intellectually stimulating enough.
  • merryknight1
    merryknight1 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Read this. It changed the whole way I think about Biggest Loser.
    http://www.bodylovewellness.com/2010/06/09/kai-hibbard-biggest-loser-finalist-part-1-of-3/
  • ktbdaviper
    Options
    I keep the program on random level 1, but when the bar goes too 1 and up to 2 for longer than 30 seconds I change my speed to 9 mph.. That usually last for no longer than two minutes.
  • annemcharles
    annemcharles Posts: 194 Member
    Options
    When I am running I listen to my ipod (upbeat, usually hip-hop). When I am running sprints I pretend bad guys are chasing me (weird, I know but it really does help me run faster!). When I am walking my dog in the woods, I just let my mind wander and enjoy the peace and sound of the woods. When I am on an elliptical I read. Lifting weights, watch the news (yawn!).
  • MelyndaWaldner
    MelyndaWaldner Posts: 442 Member
    Options
    On the Elliptical/Treadmill - I watch movies
    On the Bike - I read..
  • veggiemodel
    veggiemodel Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    I solve the world's problems.

I was complaining to my mother (a Marine, so she's had plenty of experience) that I got bored on runs. I wouldn't get tired, but just bored from the lack of mental stimulation. She told me it's a great time for problem solving.

Since I have so little problems in my life at the moment (thankfully, knock on wood) I like to solve world hunger, rascism, fat bashing, bullying, lost remote controls, and the chicken/egg dilemma.

Lol genious
  • Erienneb
    Erienneb Posts: 592 Member
    Options
    Depends on what I'm doing.

Lifting, nothing, I need to focus on form and music distracts me.

Running...music.

Elliptical or stair master, I watch Netflix because my body is shaking around less than on a run.
  • JennetteMac
    JennetteMac Posts: 763 Member
    Options
    My main exercise is taken with the dog, so generally I'm trying to stop him pulling me over.
    He goes so much quicker than I can.
    :grumble:
  • maylilymomma
    maylilymomma Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    My tablet fits on my treadmill and elliptical so if I want to watch Netflix, I make sure I am on one of this machines! It's usually 40-60 minutes and on the elliptical, that's quite a lot of calories!
  • vbaby
    vbaby Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    while running on the treadmill i can only listen to my music but i will find the fastest song i have with the deepest bass so i can run fast. then i get in a zone and i feel like i am the only one in the room. this can go on for 30-60 mins.:bigsmile: :blushing:. now when i notice people looking at me cause i am running fast i crank it up and run even faster trying my best not to fall.
  • jonathanthompson1
    Options
    While iam running on the road i like to listen to the internet radio LBC on my iphone it makes the run go a lot quicker .
  • airam_alexa
    Options
    i listen music:)
  • jbbrannon
    jbbrannon Posts: 167 Member
    Options
    I usually watch televison while I am on the Bowflex Treadclimber.
  • chocl8girl
    chocl8girl Posts: 1,968 Member
    Options
    *kitten*.

Oh, wait, what was the topic? Never mind. *wanders off*