What do you do while you execise?

Options

Replies

• amberdawn31
    amberdawn31 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    a hour of zumba 6 min of crunches and run in place for 15 mins have lost a 11 pounds doing this 4-5 days a week
  • Fit_Vixen1
    Options
    While on the treadmill, attempting to do C25K, I usually feel as if I'm inches away from death.
    However, no matter the workout, cardio or lifting, I have to listen to Rap.

Rap, because they sound so angry & it makes me angry and that makes anything possible for me. That's the only time I listen to rap, lol
  • iplayoutside19
    iplayoutside19 Posts: 2,304 Member
    Options
    Exercise.
  • yellowdog52
    Options
    I once played Gran Turismo 5 while walking briskly on the treadmill in our home. Eventually I fell off and knocked a big hole in the drywall with my heel.

On the stair climber at the gym I do the standard MP3 player thing while occasionally glancing at whatever nonsense the TVs are tuned to. No falls so far.
  • alexveksler
    alexveksler Posts: 409 Member
    Options
    Pandora, babe. Ozzy, AC/DC, Metallica. I am 50, after all :)

While on my LifeFitness elliptical. 60 minutes at max level of 25 plus 10 min cool down (also set to a max). Average calorie loss is 1100 per 70 minute.
  • sullus
    sullus Posts: 2,839 Member
    Options
    Exercise.

Crazy Talk.
  • EstiloPanama
    Options
    I listen to my Ipod..sometimes I play Words with Friends if I have the incline and resistance increased by a lot..sometimes I use weights and do arm exercises while on the elliptical. I have a Bosu ball and it's helped me quite a bit with balance : )
  • IvyWhispers
    IvyWhispers Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    I like to watch Biggest Loser whilst I'm on my bike, it helps keep me motivated listening to Jillian & the others shouting at people :happy: plus I find it quite inspiring seeing them exercise til they drop too.

I have Jillians workout DVD's :') even though she cant see you she doesn't half make you work :') As soon as you start getting tired she comes out with something else to motivate you :')
  • danmcgarrigle5
    Options
    I listen to audiobooks on my ipod... makes the time go fast and I don't have to worry about getting dizzy watching a screen.

I do this, except I use my android
  • myfitnessval
    myfitnessval Posts: 687 Member
    Options
    my workouts are too intense so all i can manage to do is check my HRM once in a while and listen to music. if you can read a book or really focus on a tv show then maybe you need to up the intensity.
  • snowbell55
    snowbell55 Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    I am older almost 58. My goal is to loose 60 lbs by the time I am 60. The week after Christmas I started walking and finally drug my neighbor as well. We are now walking up hills between 3 and 4 miles. I have lost 14 lbs. Gives us a chance to just have some girl talk witch I totally enjoy considering I am the only female in our household.
  • shaywallis
    shaywallis Posts: 165 Member
    Options
    Pray for strength and endurance.. seriously. My workout was insane today. I didnt think I was going to make it!
  • slrea2012
    slrea2012 Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    I stare at a paint chip on the wall in front of the treadmill. Sometimes I try to heal it with my mind. No luck yet.

HAHAHA...
    if I have to run on the treadmill, I stare at the light on the outside of the motor of the garage door opener. I'm running toward the light, so to speak. Otherwise, I do speed intervals and listen to music to kill time.
  • lease1981
    Options
    Depends on mood sometimes just music or netflix and music together on a occasion just quiet so i can think:)
  • MollMoll821
    MollMoll821 Posts: 64 Member
    Options
    I watch Netflix or Hulu via my iphone. Or listen to podcasts. Sometimes I read and/or listen to music. I've even gotten good at cleaning out and responding to email on the treadmill. But my best distraction is calling my best friend to chat. She doesn't care if I'm panting in her ear! :)
  • Cullinanmarti
    Cullinanmarti Posts: 72 Member
    Options
    Read on my IPad or chat with my friends during the break between half hour sessions. Or listen to my IPod.".....
  • JoLEnEo6
    JoLEnEo6 Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    when I run, I listen to loud music. when I CrossFit, I focus on the exercise. netflix is a good idea, I think I might try that the next time Im on the treadmill.
  • MyChocolateDiet
    MyChocolateDiet Posts: 22,281 Member
    Options
    mostly divulge way too much information to my new exercise buddies who are school mom's. hope none of my hijinks end up discussed at the PTA.
  • MizTerry
    MizTerry Posts: 3,763 Member
    Options
    I listen to audiobooks on my ipod... makes the time go fast and I don't have to worry about getting dizzy watching a screen.

I do this, except I use my android

Oh wow, I never considered that! Thanks for the idea. :drinker:
  • erickita89
    erickita89 Posts: 422 Member
    Options
    I usually listen to music and jump to it and mouth it silently while on the elliptical. (walk to the beat if on a treadmill.)

if im using my treadmill at home i watch tv.

i also txt my friends. lol