What do you do while you execise?

Options

Replies

• krazemags
    Options
    I normally just watch/listen to something without commercials. Commercials when I'm working out drives me flippin bonkers. I also will read or play sudoku on my kindle.
  • Nicks_scotland
    Options
    Sweat usually.... If nto I'm doing it wrong.... I usually end up crumpled up in a sweaty ball on the floor at the end of my workout....

^^This, but when I am still upright and working out hard, I normally day dream about hot men with hipdents. This can occupy my mind off the pain of working out for hours :wink:
  • domgirl85
    domgirl85 Posts: 295 Member
    Options
    I used to listen to music and read or tweet when I only walked lol! Now that I run I can only listen to music. I get too dizzy to do anything else while running :P
  • coolraul07
    coolraul07 Posts: 1,606 Member
    Options
    Treadmill at home, so TV usually... catch up on DVR, watch news or other live shows, etc. Sometimes use tablet or listen to music. I love my treadmill so much, that I'm making plans to build a portable desk on it to use while teleworking. Seriously! I only need it to hold a portable fan and my work laptop and BB, so it should be a relatively easy thing to build. If anybody has built one, PM me. I'm not spending the insane $ they charge for dedicated ones.
  • kitkatkate77
    Options
    I like to work out to excercise videos, so usually I'm concentrating on not tripping over my own feet and keeping up with the moves, as I'm the opposite of coordinated.
  • jenns1964
    jenns1964 Posts: 384 Member
    Options
    I Breathe!
  • kitkatkate77
    Options
    Also, I curse at the workout instructors. A lot.
  • dangerxbadger
    dangerxbadger Posts: 396 Member
    Options
    Music is a must for all of my workouts (especially runs), but mostly I just focus on the workout itself. I want to get the most I can out of my time and don't want my attention split.
  • Strangelyinsane
    Strangelyinsane Posts: 120 Member
    Options
    Audio books while I walk. Currently: John Scalzi and the Old Man's War with sequels.
  • leeanneowens
    leeanneowens Posts: 319 Member
    Options
    I close my eyes and pray it will be over soon. lol

:laugh:
  • whitmars106
    whitmars106 Posts: 118 Member
    Options
    I listen to Pandora, and get on Facebook.
  • Mustang_Susie
    Mustang_Susie Posts: 7,045 Member
    Options
    Daydream during my step aerobics class and then I mess up- lol! :laugh:
  • sunsnstatheart
    sunsnstatheart Posts: 2,544 Member
    Options
    Make waffles.

How do you avoid getting the batter all over the treadmill?
  • jjlang25
    Options
    I am usually rolling my eyes at my trainer LOL, thankfully he is patient.. But I found having someone who knows what they are doing help me through my exercise was huge in my progress and he is entertaining so i rarely get bored!
  • nharder1
    nharder1 Posts: 110 Member
    Options
    It depends on what I am doing. If I am doing a hard, intense workout, I focus on that and get motivated with angry screaming rock music. If I am leisurely walking, I can watch something.

While I workout on a treadmill I like to watch hulu or netflix. I got caught up on my shows like Scandal, Spiderman and others. This allow me to tune out how long I been on the treadmill. I can stay on the treadmill for an hour to a hour and half and burn 1000 plus calories. What do you do while you workout?
  • Typhanee83
    Typhanee83 Posts: 313 Member
    Options
    I sweat, moan, and use a lot of four letter words.
  • susanmarnold
    Options
    I workout. And concentrate on working out.
  • coe28
    coe28 Posts: 715 Member
    Options
    I practice my chanting.

"ONLY 10 MORE MINUTES, ONLY 10 MORE MINUTES, ONLY 10 MORE MINUTES, ONLY 10 MORE MINUTES, ONLY 9 MORE MINUTES!!"
  • Drop_it_Like_Its_Hawt
    Options
    I have a stationary bike propped in front of the TV at home, so I watch TV while I'm biking. Particularly Biggest Loser and the like, because then I can't whine about how hard a 1/2 hour on a bike feels, watching the stuff they're doing. At work, there's a little TV in the gym by the treadmill and elliptical, so same thing (that, or put on my Pandora channel to "80's cardio" and pretend I'm in a an epic training montage).
  • sullus
    sullus Posts: 2,839 Member
    Options
    When I'm at the gym with my trainer, we talk about food. 90% of my time on lifting days is spent talking recipes, cooking techniques, foods we like, foods we don't .. she's about as food-centric as me.