Replies

• 2credneck208
    2credneck208 Posts: 501 Member
    Options
    watch old episodes of Glee....Yeah I'm a gleek :ohwell:
  • KathyPBiles
    KathyPBiles Posts: 292 Member
    Options
    I watch shows/movies on Netflix with my tablet.
  • Lsteedly85
    Lsteedly85 Posts: 76 Member
    Options
    I usually listen to music.... Depending on the workout if doing Combat, I picture beating up my imaginary friend with awesome moves. The street brawl is my favorite punch! LOL :) If running outdoors, I have music going but usually zone out and recap my day and let all my worries wash away.
  • lovemitch125
    lovemitch125 Posts: 257 Member
    Options
    Sweat usually.... If nto I'm doing it wrong.... I usually end up crumpled up in a sweaty ball on the floor at the end of my workout....

Yeah, unfortunately, that's what I do too. haha. Since I use my school gym I just listen to music and watch MTV on the TV, I wish I could bring my computer and watch netflix...
  • dolphinmom23
    dolphinmom23 Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    My mom and I signed up at the community center, they have a walking/running track and room with equipment and weights and such. We walk daily during my lunch break and catch up. We both really enjoy the time together and are taking better care of ourselves at the same time. :) We don't go on fridays, I call them fun days and play on Just Dance 4 30 - 40 minutes.
  • superjean1
    superjean1 Posts: 78 Member
    Options
    If I am doing cardio, hopefully I am working too hard to watch TV or read. I usually listen to music or I also find audiobooks a good distraction because you don't have to use your eyes. Current audiobook/distractor for long workouts - Tina Fey's Bossypants (read by her = hilarious).
  • polo_sal
    Options
    I workout at Planet Fitness so I usually watch their TVs or listen to music.

I go to Planet Fitness too, but for some reason I can't stay focused long enought to get a good work out in. I must be doing something wrong.
  • mcsweetly
    mcsweetly Posts: 133 Member
    Options
    Depends on what type of exercise. If I am on the treadmill I do the same catch up on shows or find a good movie on Netflix. I have been doing the 30 day fitness challenge on the Wii and Zumba a lot.
  • lizjohnson2169
    Options
    I bought a car dvd player and strapped it to my stationary bike. It helps me tune out how long I've been working out too. I also play games on myphone to help ddistract me. I do check my speed to make sure I'm not being lazy while doing it.
  • sunsnstatheart
    sunsnstatheart Posts: 2,544 Member
    Options
    I occasionally listen to music but mostly just focus on my workout. I can't split my focus to do other things.
  • sullus
    sullus Posts: 2,839 Member
    Options
    I stare at a paint chip on the wall in front of the treadmill. Sometimes I try to heal it with my mind. No luck yet.
  • AmyS1975
    AmyS1975 Posts: 143
    Options
    If I'm on my bike on the trainer in my basement, I catch up on shows on the PVR. Recently, the Biggest Loser has helped inspire me. If I'm running outdoors, I listen to music on my iPod and sing along in my head (and sometimes out loud) :-)
  • mrscruz625
    mrscruz625 Posts: 59 Member
    Options
    When on the treadmill I read books on my tablet..Usually 50 Shades of Grey...Helps keep the heart rate up..LOL!
  • Susay2942
    Susay2942 Posts: 211 Member
    Options
    When I run I count my steps. Up to 100 and then I start over. Wierd hugh!
    Its the only way I can keep my breathing and steps in a rythm...
  • UnoDrea3732
    UnoDrea3732 Posts: 342 Member
    Options
    I actually listen to club/dance music, have the tv on subtitle & mute, and scream my goal weight for the week in my head. I'm a cronic multitasker. lol
  • this_time_nextyear
    Options
    I solve the world's problems.

I was complaining to my mother (a Marine, so she's had plenty of experience) that I got bored on runs. I wouldn't get tired, but just bored from the lack of mental stimulation. She told me it's a great time for problem solving.

Since I have so little problems in my life at the moment (thankfully, knock on wood) I like to solve world hunger, rascism, fat bashing, bullying, lost remote controls, and the chicken/egg dilemma.

I LOVE this reply!
  • vb4evr
    vb4evr Posts: 615 Member
    Options
    Depends on the workout.
    If I am spinning, I typically have one earbud with audio from a recorded spin class while watching a tv show or something (typically i miss most of the show but it does help distract sometimes.
    If it's a free weight/ or suspsension training workout, then typically just music.
  • tracymat
    tracymat Posts: 296 Member
    Options
    Listen to booty shakin music! LOL At the gym I sing along and find myself mouthing the words... at home I sing out loud!!!

Gotta make it a little more entertaining somehow!
  • TylerJ76
    TylerJ76 Posts: 4,375 Member
    Options
    Make waffles.
  • taliar93
    taliar93 Posts: 111 Member
    Options
    Sounds counter productive but I usually watch cooking shows on youtube, and not the healthy cooking channels either lol! keeps my mind off the pain :)