should I shave my legs?

Options

Replies

• BoxingAli
    BoxingAli Posts: 117 Member
    Options
    i shave armpits, and everything below the waist.....oh and wax the eyebrows. however, in the winter i tend to only do my legs up to my knee. but summer, is the whole leg.
  • marielaem
    marielaem Posts: 202 Member
    Options
    Whole leg, underarms, bikini line.
  • jnichel
    jnichel Posts: 4,553 Member
    Options
    <---- I shave my goatee daily, but have a helluva 5 o'clock shadow.
  • xFamousLastWordsx
    xFamousLastWordsx Posts: 301 Member
    Options
    Everything! I hate having any body hair.
  • gomisskellygo
    gomisskellygo Posts: 635 Member
    Options
    LMAO...WTF is a Crab Ladder!!!!
  • BetsyAnn2013
    BetsyAnn2013 Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    I don't shave much any more. Underarms if they're going to show, same with lower legs. Thighs don't have much noticable hair, but I shave them if I feel like it. Shaving never bothered me. Hair is normal and an expected part of a person's appearance. Clean and well-kept can't be beat.
  • louiselebeau
    louiselebeau Posts: 220 Member
    Options
    I only shave everything if I know I'm getting some tail.

^this!
  • cmriverside
    cmriverside Posts: 33,960 Member
    Options
    I shave my lower legs. The hair on my thighs is really fine, and when I've tried to shave them in the past they get really irritated, so I just let them be. I shave my arm pits and the little crab ladder that grows under my belly button.

Hold on, Hold on..... "Crab Ladder" and it's under your belly button?!?! Not sure I want to know what that is.

Well, some people call it a "treasure trail", but I much prefer "crab ladder". I'm a lady, afterall. :happy: Just a tiny line of hair that grows vertically under my belly button.

:laugh: As a lady, the first thing that came to mind when you said "crab ladder" was that it could be for crabs...a colloquialism for pubic lice...so, I think I would prefer "treasure trail". Funny, I've never heard of either.
  • norcal_yogi
    norcal_yogi Posts: 675 Member
    Options
    I only shave everything if I know I'm getting some tail.

THIS...but I'm always hopeful so I go with every other day.

yep.....^ got to keep it presentable. ;-)
  • RitaSantoss
    RitaSantoss Posts: 986 Member
    Options
    I normally always shave my underarms, whether it's Summer or Winter because I don't like to see the hairs under there. And when it comes to legs in the Summer they are always usually shaved and in the Winter I'll shave them if I feel like it or if I know I'm going to wear a dress.
  • jnichel
    jnichel Posts: 4,553 Member
    Options
    LMAO...WTF is a Crab Ladder!!!!

I assume it's what I always heard referred to as a, "happy trail".
  • fbmandy55
    fbmandy55 Posts: 5,263 Member
    Options
    Shave everything, every 2 days $20/pack razors and $5 shaving cream. Painful, itchy and horrifying every time. I swear no mater what sensitivity tools I use, my skin looks broken out and I have burning pores every time I shave. It's been that way since I was a teen and it's incredibly depressing.

it must be nice to be like every other woman on here and have no problems with hair or shaving. :grumble:
  • SerenaFisher
    SerenaFisher Posts: 2,170 Member
    Options
    I nair... a lot of areas.
  • HeidiMightyRawr
    HeidiMightyRawr Posts: 3,343 Member
    Options
    Shaving is a waste of time, in my opinion. Other people give me a hard time and even whisper about my legs and pits not being shaved while pointing to me while they do it. If I do shave, it's not for anyone but me. I don't like the prickly stuff growing out and prefer just to leave it there and be soft. I don't buy that women aren't feminine or sexy unless they're hairless. Accepting that means that you buy into the notion that women are "babes," meaning babies, and must necessarily be hairless to be a babe. I'm an adult and adults of both genders have hair on their bodies, some more, some less, but they all do. Why does it need to be removed?
    Also, have you noticed that all the products associated with shaving that are advertised for women cost three times as much as the same thing for men? It's the beauty myth designed to keep women in control and take their money from them to avoid the embarrassment of being unfeminine, unsexy, hairy human females, thereby manipulating us into buying things we don't need and reducing our take-home pay. Notice other "feminine" products designed to make women feel embarassed about their natural state, like perfumed tampons and sanitary napkins, "feminine sprays." Just taking a shower is all anyone needs, for the most part.

:heart: this!

While I shave, I think other people can and should do what they like in regards to it. It's not unclean as many like to spout - plenty of men manage to stay hairy, clean and fresh at the same time! It's called showering and personal hygiene.

It's also ok not to find it attractive or sexy. People have preferences, and if you're not willing to compromise then there'll always be someone else who'll be fine with it.
  • ValerieMartini2Olives
    ValerieMartini2Olives Posts: 3,041 Member
    Options
    I normally shave almost all of the hair off my body, and do so at least once a week. But now I'm so far into my pregnancy, I've pretty much given up on it. It's too hard to reach and bend.
  • MisterGoodBar
    MisterGoodBar Posts: 157 Member
    Options
    personally, im just a firm believer in males in not shaving (i give particular leeway for those who are models/swimmers but only to a degree). with women i know its hard and i try not to demand of others what im unwilling to do so as long as you keep the facial & underarm hair invisible im golden. but if you could keep the legs not above a stubble feel (cause im a leg man) im golden.

FYI: as man i just wanna say i appreciate the ladies out there who go above beyond, we know you dont have to but b/c you do...thank you "you are appreciated." -Tupac
  • linsey0689
    linsey0689 Posts: 753 Member
    Options
    In winter I shave my underarms everyday, but my legs once a week or every 2 weeks unless I want to wear a dress or something. And why I do my underarms everyday is because it takes what 20 seconds? lol
  • fara180
    fara180 Posts: 1,260 Member
    Options
    I shave my underarms religiously as well as my legs (in the summer). In the winter, I shave up to my knee on most days and only do an "in depth" leg shave when i know my legs will be visible. other things get waxed.
  • ldrosophila
    ldrosophila Posts: 7,512 Member
    Options
    I'm a hairy beast so I pretty much have to shave everything or let it go au natural. I had an ex once who love the au natural look. He thought sasquatch legs were hot LOL. I actually think men dont care that much about hair cause I've been both ways bald and hairy and it's never stopped em before. I perfer the no hair look though even my arms
  • ldrosophila
    ldrosophila Posts: 7,512 Member
    Options
    Question....

At what point in human culture was it decided that our fur had to be removed?