should I shave my legs?

Options
123457»

Replies

• Beastx10
    Options
    for the love of god, if you are a woman .PLEASE shave.
  • Onyxbeauti
    Onyxbeauti Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    go ahead if you want to, but it will grow darker and thicker each time you do.
  • phoximom
    phoximom Posts: 365 Member
    Options
    without reading the entire the thread, shave please my goodness shave. SHAVE
  • MinnieInMaine
    MinnieInMaine Posts: 6,400 Member
    Options
    In the winter and most of the summer I shave my legs just over the knee. The rest of my upper thigh hair is pretty fine and doesn't tend to get long, I'm assuming because of friction with pant legs. Underarms can go 2-3 weeks in the winter, usually more often in the summer to prevent B.O.. Leg and bikini area/lady part shaving happens about once a week.

I used to work with a girl who didn't shave her legs. You couldn't tell most of the time anyway because she was either wearing pants or dark tights with her skirts. To each their own!
  • phoximom
    phoximom Posts: 365 Member
    Options
    <
    like Barbie
  • dezcast
    dezcast Posts: 429 Member
    Options
    without reading the entire the thread, shave please my goodness shave. SHAVE

^This!! Please shave, wax, electrolosis anything, dont be hairy
  • savagenoble
    Options
    Shaving is a waste of time, in my opinion. Other people give me a hard time and even whisper about my legs and pits not being shaved while pointing to me while they do it. If I do shave, it's not for anyone but me. I don't like the prickly stuff growing out and prefer just to leave it there and be soft. I don't buy that women aren't feminine or sexy unless they're hairless. Accepting that means that you buy into the notion that women are "babes," meaning babies, and must necessarily be hairless to be a babe. I'm an adult and adults of both genders have hair on their bodies, some more, some less, but they all do. Why does it need to be removed?
    Also, have you noticed that all the products associated with shaving that are advertised for women cost three times as much as the same thing for men? It's the beauty myth designed to keep women in control and take their money from them to avoid the embarrassment of being unfeminine, unsexy, hairy human females, thereby manipulating us into buying things we don't need and reducing our take-home pay. Notice other "feminine" products designed to make women feel embarassed about their natural state, like perfumed tampons and sanitary napkins, "feminine sprays." Just taking a shower is all anyone needs, for the most part.

Well said! Your post reminds me of this quite funny clip: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=85HT4Om6JT4

I haven't shaved my legs in years. I used to feel it was UNTHINKABLY embarrassing for anyone to see ANY hair on my legs; I would actually dream about it when I was in high school, sort of like a version of the naked dream. Now I often forget other people actually do shave their legs. I love not having to think about whether I "can" wear shorts or a skirt on a given day, etc. Also, many women say they shave because they like the feel of smooth and hairless skin; I (somewhat oddly) actually find that without shaving I can feel a lot more sensation with my legs, since the hair picks up on smaller touches to my skin. Summer breezes, my boyfriend's hand on my lap, I feel a lot more "embodied" when I can feel these things better.

Speaking of, my boyfriend is extremely hairy, with hair all over (we call it his fur!). I had only gone out with completely hairless guys before I met him, and I thought that was my preference. Turns out I absolutely love hair!