Did you know your body has a natural fat burner?

Options

Replies

• daross16
    daross16 Posts: 107 Member
    Options
    Lol. So don't eat anything and don't go to college.
  • pholbert
    pholbert Posts: 575 Member
    Options
    Uh NO
  • julianpoutram
    julianpoutram Posts: 331 Member
    Options
    It's a hormone that starts with the letter A i forget exactly what it's called. Also you need to be as stress free as possible because when your stressed wether its bad or good stress this other hormone calle cestrol I think that's what it's called anyways it cannot determine the difference between an emergency stressful situation or a positive stressful situation so cestrol releases and cause you to be hungry when you may not be. Anyway here are a few things that can help lose fat/belly fat naurally without having to diet, take pills, or count calories even though I will still count my calories.

1. NO concintrated juices
    2. NO processed foods.
    3. NO margarine (use butter instead)
    4. NO whole wheat bread
    5. NO bread(in general), pasta and other "comfort foods".
    6. NO high carb meals.
    7. NO apple pie, cakes, muffins, pizza.
    8. EAT nutrient dense foods.
    9. DRINK green tea. (Donot waste calories on a drink)
    10. NO proccessed soy(soy milk, tofu, soy protein).
    11. EAT snap peas, green beans, and other legumes.
    12. NO genetically modified foods.
    13. NO energy gars.
    14. NO soda/soft drinks, sports drinks or other sugary drinks.
    15. NO canned soups
    16. NO microwaveable popcorn (old fashioned air popped is okay)
    17. NO foods labeld diet, or fat free.

I shall be having a canned soup for breakfast tomorrow and I shall enjoy it immensely! ¬_¬
  • robot_potato
    robot_potato Posts: 1,535 Member
    Options
    NO restrictions in my diet works much better for me.
  • michellelemorgan
    michellelemorgan Posts: 184 Member
    Options
    *loud applause* This is almost my diet exactly... except I've begun allowing myself one or two of those things on the list occasionally.
  • 3RachaelFaith3
    3RachaelFaith3 Posts: 283 Member
    Options
    ok, so you have no idea what it's called, but you know that big long list of stuff you can't eat. Is this for real?! You just wasted 45 min of your life writing that.
  • Ben2118
    Ben2118 Posts: 571 Member
    Options
    No wonder you lose weight (I was gonna but loose but I have some nazi friends!!) What CAN you eat??? lol

Love me some Bro sci - fi
  • SadKitty27
    SadKitty27 Posts: 416 Member
    Options
    ok, so you have no idea what it's called, but you know that big long list of stuff you can't eat. Is this for real?! You just wasted 45 min of your life writing that.

Please tell me it didn't take you 45 min. to read a small list....
  • KaleidoscopeEyes1056
    KaleidoscopeEyes1056 Posts: 2,996 Member
    Options
    Heres my diet. I have lost several pant sizes eating these. Am I doing it right?

ARCcaST.gif

BALEEN-Burger-from-BALEENLos-Angeles.jpg

Delicious%20food%201.jpg

delicious-food-tacos-Favim.com-365511.jpg

breakfast-croissants-delicious-food-french-madamelulu-Favim.com-100289.jpg

chocolate-cookies-cream-delicious-food-Favim.com-359145.jpg

cut-calzone.jpg

tumblr_ltl9c3om3q1r29nffo1_400.jpg

tumblr_l9fgfc78Vx1qayvcwo1_500.jpg

Bacon%2BGuacamole%2BGrilled%2BCheese%2BSandwich%2B500%2B1953.jpg

3092_MEDIUM.jpg

donuts.jpg

You're doing it sooo right!
  • KaleidoscopeEyes1056
    KaleidoscopeEyes1056 Posts: 2,996 Member
    Options
    2. NO processed foods.
    3. NO margarine (use butter instead)
    How is butter not a processed food? Do you pick your butter straight from the butter tree?

And WTH is a 'processed' food anyway? Is cutting the tops off of carrots processing? What about peeling them?

As much as people around here like to demonize processed foods, I've still never seen anyone define 'processed.'

Processed means having ingredients that you cannot pronounce.

If you can pronounce all the ingredients, then it's not as processed.

Or at least thats how I like to think of it from what I've read on here.

Can you pronounce all of these?

Water, glucose, fructose, galactose, phenolic glycosides, 6-deoxyaldohexoses (fuctose and rhamnose), saccharose, galacturonans, (1-4) linked D-galactopiranuronic acid, pectin, pectinic acids, polygalacturonic acids, pectinestarase, Citric Acid, L-Malic Acid, D-Isocitric Acid, Oxalic Acid, Succinic Acid, Malonic Acid, Quinic Acid, Tartaric Acid, Adipic Acid, 2-ketogluratic Acid, praline, asparagines, aspartic acid, serine, glutamic acid and arginine. oxidoreductases, transferases, hydrolases and lyases, isomerases and ligases, glucosilglucerides, Carotenoids, tetraterpenes, limonin, aslimonoic acid A-ring lactone, neohesperidosides, flavones (3-hydroxyflavanones, 3-dydroxyflavones, O-glycosyl, aglycones C-glycosylflavones, Anthocyanins, (hesperidin, naringin, poncirin, neoheriocitrin, neohesperidin, rhoifolin, rutin, diosmin, sinensetin, auranetin, tangeritin, hydroxyethylrutinosideres, nobiletin cyanidin-3-glucoside, cyanidina-3.5-diglucoside, peonidin-5-glucoside, delphinidin-3-glucoside, petunidin-3-glucoside, Vitamin C (Ascorbic Acid), Pholacine, Vitamin B6, Thiamine, Riboflavin, Biotin, Pantotenic acid, Vitamin A.

I just read that aloud. Hydroxyethylrutinosideres gave me a pause, but sounded it out and got it. It's actually fun to say, try it. :)

So, totally not-processed for me. What it is so I can add it to my clean diet! :wink:

It's the ingredients for an orange if I remember correctly from another post.

You got it!

And I actually cannot pronounce Hydroxyethylrutinosideres so I had better stop eating them!

I have a smoothie with an orange in it. Am I going to gain all of the weight I lost back because I also cannot pronounce Hydroxyethylrutinosideres?
  • LishieFruit89
    LishieFruit89 Posts: 1,956 Member
    Options
    I didn't even read your whole post since I got distracted by your spelling errors.
  • Scrimples
    Options
    Hydroxyethylrutosides are a semi synthetic flavinoid that is derived from plants. It isn't found in food unless it is put in the food. It is derived from Rutin which is the naturally occurring flavinoid. It is an anti-inflammatory. It is sometimes used in patients with venous diseases or disorders that range from varicose veins to phlebitis to hemorrhoids to reduce oedema. Perhaps there was some confusion on which one was which, because it doesn't occur naturally.

It isn't what you can and can't pronounce in the ingredients that is the problem. It is really about knowing what those ingredients are, what they do, what they were derived from, and so on, and then whether or not you feel comfortable putting that in your body. Some care about that stuff and some don't. For those who do care people will often say the rule of thumb is that if you can't pronounce it don't eat it, because if you can't pronounce it you probably don't know what it is and if it is that complicated to say it is likely a man made chemical that doesn't necessarily need to be there. It is the lazy/easy way to rule things out if you are worried about those kinds of things without having to spend a ton of time having to research every ingredient you run into that you don't recognize.
  • quirkytizzy
    quirkytizzy Posts: 4,052 Member
    Options
    Wow and 99% of you DID NOT THE ENTIRE POST all you read was the word NO...how pathetic first of all I am a FEMALE READ the entire post before you post your ignorant comments THANKS!!!

I have tits, too. They ain't exactly an uncommon thing 'round these parts. Your point being???
  • LiftAllThePizzas
    LiftAllThePizzas Posts: 17,857 Member
    Options
    Hydroxyethylrutosides are a semi synthetic flavinoid that is derived from plants. It isn't found in food unless it is put in the food. It is derived from Rutin which is the naturally occurring flavinoid. It is an anti-inflammatory. It is sometimes used in patients with venous diseases or disorders that range from varicose veins to phlebitis to hemorrhoids to reduce oedema. Perhaps there was some confusion on which one was which, because it doesn't occur naturally.

It isn't what you can and can't pronounce in the ingredients that is the problem. It is really about knowing what those ingredients are, what they do, what they were derived from, and so on, and then whether or not you feel comfortable putting that in your body. Some care about that stuff and some don't. For those who do care people will often say the rule of thumb is that if you can't pronounce it don't eat it, because if you can't pronounce it you probably don't know what it is and if it is that complicated to say it is likely a man made chemical that doesn't necessarily need to be there. It is the lazy/easy way to rule things out if you are worried about those kinds of things without having to spend a ton of time having to research every ingredient you run into that you don't recognize.
    And so an objective definition of "processed" would be... ?
  • Scrimples
    Options

And so an objective definition of "processed" would be... ?

Processed foods are any foods altered from it's natural state. However, when people speak of limiting or cutting out processed foods they are usually speaking about a narrower definition. In these instances people are speaking of foods that are chemically altered through additives, artificial colors, preservatives, stabilizers, fillers, and the like and/or are manufactured in a way to damage the nutritional integrity of the food, or over processed if you will. For instance someone seeking to avoid processed food in this scenario will opt for fresh carrots from the produce department over the canned variety. This is because the canned variety will often have something added for flavor and to help maintain color, and have been over cooked and sitting around so long they just don't pack the same nutritional punch as their fresh counterparts.
  • geebusuk
    geebusuk Posts: 3,348 Member
    Options
    Processed foods are any foods altered from it's natural state. However, when people speak of limiting or cutting out processed foods they are usually speaking about a narrower definition. In these instances people are speaking of foods that are chemically altered through additives, artificial colors, preservatives, stabilizers, fillers, and the like and/or are manufactured in a way to damage the nutritional integrity of the food, or over processed if you will. For instance someone seeking to avoid processed food in this scenario will opt for fresh carrots from the produce department over the canned variety. This is because the canned variety will often have something added for flavor and to help maintain color, and have been over cooked and sitting around so long they just don't pack the same nutritional punch as their fresh counterparts.
    Of course, a lot of people that go for 'unprocessed', then do the processing themselves instead.

Ok, to be fair a lot of the time that does mean they get more micronutrients *.

And of course our stomach certainly doesn't want to output a carrort as a carrot - it does significantly more 'processing'.

* However a lot of people seem to take this way too far - a good number of these people =have other massive gaps in their 'healtiness', but somehow seem to believe that the best they can do is eat even more fresh veg!
  • kmstieg
    Options
    Very nicely said Lance!!
  • Scrimples
    Options
    Of course, a lot of people that go for 'unprocessed', then do the processing themselves instead.

Ok, to be fair a lot of the time that does mean they get more micronutrients *.

And of course our stomach certainly doesn't want to output a carrort as a carrot - it does significantly more 'processing'.

* However a lot of people seem to take this way too far - a good number of these people =have other massive gaps in their 'healtiness', but somehow seem to believe that the best they can do is eat even more fresh veg!

Then that is their prerogative. Just as it is yours to eat as you wish. The point I'm hoping to make is that trying to limit or avoid processed foods isn't as extreme as people think. It is not all or nothing and it isn't for everybody. It is one option in the vast world of food choices everyone has.

I find that you have included your own digestion as a method of processing unusual. You will have already eaten that food, before your body went through *that* processing. People do not typically eat the food that has gone through their digestive system once that process has actually taken place. ;)

Edit to add: Chewing would technically be a form of processing too if you were to go by that strict of a definition.
  • LiftAllThePizzas
    LiftAllThePizzas Posts: 17,857 Member
    Options
    Yeah but I'm not talking about prerogatives or choices or preferences. I'm talking about what "processed" even means. From everything I've seen, it's just a BS term people use to label foods they don't like as "bad."
  • Scrimples
    Options
    Yeah but I'm not talking about prerogatives or choices or preferences. I'm talking about what "processed" even means. From everything I've seen, it's just a BS term people use to label foods they don't like as "bad."

That is based on your history and perception. I don't really believe any food is bad, but there are still things that don't fit into my life. As I've never thought of food as bad I wouldn't have come to that conclusion. I based my choice to eat this way on the fact I don't think I need to be eating all that extra stuff. When I realized my body liked it (improvement in everything from my skin to my stomach issues) I kept it up.