Did you know your body has a natural fat burner?

Options

Replies

• PikaKnight
    PikaKnight Posts: 34,971 Member
    Options
    Let's see..I have lost almost 70lbs and..

I have drank concentrated juices (not very often)
    I have eaten lots of processed foods (because hey, gotta do what fits in with the budget and some of it is good :D)
    I don't do margarine anyways
    I have eaten white, whole wheat and multigrain breads regularly
    I have eaten lots of bread, pasta and other comfort foods
    I am definitely okay with high carb meals
    Pies, cakes, muffins, and pizzas do show up in what I eat regularly
    I drink green tea when in the mood. Otherwise, it's whatever I want..though 95% of the time it is water.
    I am lactose intolerant and almonds can set off my migraines. Plus I'm Asian so eating lots of soy is a definite yes :D
    I love green beans, have eaten snap peas now and again but that's about it.
    I have eaten GMO foods
    I have eaten protein type bars and granola too
    I don't drink sodas often, but I'm not completely against them or any other sugary drink as long as it fits in my day.
    I ate canned soups, lots of microwavable popcorn and foods that have been labeled diet and fat free.

I've gone against almost everything you've said and yet...here I am....down almost 70lbs because I ate less and moved more....
  • mikeyboy
    mikeyboy Posts: 1,057 Member
    Options
    Dunno what everyone has against genetically modified foods. If it wasn't for GM wheats and vegetables, there wouldn't be enough produce to feed everyone and there would be worldwide starvation. I mean, basically everything is genetically modified in some way, especially cereals and grains.
    Wheat is not genetically modified.

Wrong, wheat has been genetically modified, however it is not widely used. Yet.

Yes it is. I have no opinion on it's value.
  • PikaKnight
    PikaKnight Posts: 34,971 Member
    Options
    2. NO processed foods.
    3. NO margarine (use butter instead)
    How is butter not a processed food? Do you pick your butter straight from the butter tree?

And WTH is a 'processed' food anyway? Is cutting the tops off of carrots processing? What about peeling them?

As much as people around here like to demonize processed foods, I've still never seen anyone define 'processed.'

Processed means having ingredients that you cannot pronounce.

If you can pronounce all the ingredients, then it's not as processed.

Or at least thats how I like to think of it from what I've read on here.

Can you pronounce all of these?

Water, glucose, fructose, galactose, phenolic glycosides, 6-deoxyaldohexoses (fuctose and rhamnose), saccharose, galacturonans, (1-4) linked D-galactopiranuronic acid, pectin, pectinic acids, polygalacturonic acids, pectinestarase, Citric Acid, L-Malic Acid, D-Isocitric Acid, Oxalic Acid, Succinic Acid, Malonic Acid, Quinic Acid, Tartaric Acid, Adipic Acid, 2-ketogluratic Acid, praline, asparagines, aspartic acid, serine, glutamic acid and arginine. oxidoreductases, transferases, hydrolases and lyases, isomerases and ligases, glucosilglucerides, Carotenoids, tetraterpenes, limonin, aslimonoic acid A-ring lactone, neohesperidosides, flavones (3-hydroxyflavanones, 3-dydroxyflavones, O-glycosyl, aglycones C-glycosylflavones, Anthocyanins, (hesperidin, naringin, poncirin, neoheriocitrin, neohesperidin, rhoifolin, rutin, diosmin, sinensetin, auranetin, tangeritin, hydroxyethylrutinosideres, nobiletin cyanidin-3-glucoside, cyanidina-3.5-diglucoside, peonidin-5-glucoside, delphinidin-3-glucoside, petunidin-3-glucoside, Vitamin C (Ascorbic Acid), Pholacine, Vitamin B6, Thiamine, Riboflavin, Biotin, Pantotenic acid, Vitamin A.

I just read that aloud. Hydroxyethylrutinosideres gave me a pause, but sounded it out and got it. It's actually fun to say, try it. :)

So, totally not-processed for me. What it is so I can add it to my clean diet! :wink:

It's the ingredients for an orange if I remember correctly from another post.
  • Sarauk2sf
    Sarauk2sf Posts: 28,072 Member
    Options
    2. NO processed foods.
    3. NO margarine (use butter instead)
    How is butter not a processed food? Do you pick your butter straight from the butter tree?

And WTH is a 'processed' food anyway? Is cutting the tops off of carrots processing? What about peeling them?

As much as people around here like to demonize processed foods, I've still never seen anyone define 'processed.'

Processed means having ingredients that you cannot pronounce.

If you can pronounce all the ingredients, then it's not as processed.

Or at least thats how I like to think of it from what I've read on here.

Can you pronounce all of these?

Water, glucose, fructose, galactose, phenolic glycosides, 6-deoxyaldohexoses (fuctose and rhamnose), saccharose, galacturonans, (1-4) linked D-galactopiranuronic acid, pectin, pectinic acids, polygalacturonic acids, pectinestarase, Citric Acid, L-Malic Acid, D-Isocitric Acid, Oxalic Acid, Succinic Acid, Malonic Acid, Quinic Acid, Tartaric Acid, Adipic Acid, 2-ketogluratic Acid, praline, asparagines, aspartic acid, serine, glutamic acid and arginine. oxidoreductases, transferases, hydrolases and lyases, isomerases and ligases, glucosilglucerides, Carotenoids, tetraterpenes, limonin, aslimonoic acid A-ring lactone, neohesperidosides, flavones (3-hydroxyflavanones, 3-dydroxyflavones, O-glycosyl, aglycones C-glycosylflavones, Anthocyanins, (hesperidin, naringin, poncirin, neoheriocitrin, neohesperidin, rhoifolin, rutin, diosmin, sinensetin, auranetin, tangeritin, hydroxyethylrutinosideres, nobiletin cyanidin-3-glucoside, cyanidina-3.5-diglucoside, peonidin-5-glucoside, delphinidin-3-glucoside, petunidin-3-glucoside, Vitamin C (Ascorbic Acid), Pholacine, Vitamin B6, Thiamine, Riboflavin, Biotin, Pantotenic acid, Vitamin A.

I just read that aloud. Hydroxyethylrutinosideres gave me a pause, but sounded it out and got it. It's actually fun to say, try it. :)

So, totally not-processed for me. What it is so I can add it to my clean diet! :wink:

It's the ingredients for an orange if I remember correctly from another post.

You got it!

And I actually cannot pronounce Hydroxyethylrutinosideres so I had better stop eating them!
  • neanderthin
    neanderthin Posts: 10,018 Member
    Options
    Dunno what everyone has against genetically modified foods. If it wasn't for GM wheats and vegetables, there wouldn't be enough produce to feed everyone and there would be worldwide starvation. I mean, basically everything is genetically modified in some way, especially cereals and grains.
    Wheat is not genetically modified.

Wrong, wheat has been genetically modified, however it is not widely used. Yet.

Yes it is. I have no opinion on it's value.

http://www.cban.ca/Resources/Topics/GE-Crops-and-Foods-Not-on-the-Market/Wheat
    GM wheat is currently not grown or eaten anywhere in the world, it has never been on the market.
  • geebusuk
    geebusuk Posts: 3,348 Member
    Options
    I suspect the point is that ALL the food we eat has a different genetic make up to what was around 10,000 year ago.
    In the case of crops we grow, pretty much all of them have had their genes intentionally altered by humans selectively breeding, or choosing which to grow.
    Even more so with animals of course, where it's even easier to choose the ones with the characteristics you like for the next generation.

Also, of course; it's really rather silly to suggest that (by the new definition) 'GM' food is 'bad for you'.
    Without some proof either way, it could just as well be a real healthiness wonder drug.
  • juliekaiser1988
    juliekaiser1988 Posts: 604 Member
    Options
    the information I got was from a certified nutritionist.

There's your first mistake.

The "certified nutritionist" I saw said 1200 calories was plenty for me. Uh, no. It wasn't. I eat closer to 1800 or more each day, and I feel great.

Work Hard. Play Hard. Eat Hard.
  • juliekaiser1988
    juliekaiser1988 Posts: 604 Member
    Options
    Wow and 99% of you DID NOT THE ENTIRE POST all you read was the word NO...how pathetic first of all I am a FEMALE READ the entire post before you post your ignorant comments THANKS!!!

When you first posted this, there was a picture of a dude. Now it's about sweat. That's why no one thought it was a female...
  • jennaworksout
    jennaworksout Posts: 1,739 Member
    Options
    I pretty much follow this list, I am Paleo
  • Lift_This_
    Lift_This_ Posts: 2,756 Member
    Options
    but I like my GMO's....you can't tell me what to have!!!! you ain't my mama.
  • earthpagan87
    Options
    Medifast uses this system
  • firstsip
    firstsip Posts: 8,399 Member
    Options
    Well, this was fun.
  • 1ConcreteGirl
    1ConcreteGirl Posts: 3,677 Member
    Options
    Glad you seem to know what you're talking about.

The world needs more informed people like you.
  • rduhlir
    rduhlir Posts: 3,550 Member
    Options
    I love you guys...I know if I ever want a good laugh I can just come on here and read.

Oh, and by the way um.....Just because you are female, that doesn't mean you don't have testosterone..you just don't have as much as a man. And I have eaten pretty much everything on that list and lost like 6 pounds this month. So your list is flawed.

Oh, and what everyone is saying about the nutrionalist is true. You can go in and take a quick 6 hour course and test out of it. This is the reason there are a million diets out there that don't work. And if you were to compare a restrictive diet to one of counting calories...the calorie counters lost 30% more than those who restricted foods as drastically as you are saying. And on top of that had more success at keeping the weight off.

Finally, don't take offense to having other's views spoken out on to a public forum. Seems everyone is willing to throw a ball and not catch one these days.
  • horselady34
    horselady34 Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    Nope im sticking with my carbs for training, sounds like sticking with all
    Of those " no" rules will just cause stress.. Not worth it to me!
  • atjays
    atjays Posts: 798 Member
    Options
    Try to pitch that ridiculous diet on late night tv!!

Fact is many things on that list aren't bad for you at all. It's all about right portions and being educated. Restricting someone to snap peas and green tea is not going to make someone fit and healthy. The point of this site is to educate and coach people on proper nutrition and reigning in control over their food choices. If you can learn and master self control from this site, you'll have no problems being fit and healthy.
  • taylorwaylor
    taylorwaylor Posts: 417 Member
    Options
    I pretty much already follow these.... But if i do want a treat i will eat it.

I think this is called "paleo"... Eating like our ancestors or whatever. I like the fact of doing so, and it just so happens non of them are fat.....hmmm..... pretty good way to eat obviously.
  • Trechechus
    Trechechus Posts: 2,819 Member
    Options
    Why yes. I did know that. It's called... Get this... My body!
  • ToBeCountry
    ToBeCountry Posts: 81 Member
    Options
    ...yeah. I think I'd rather count calories. Restrictions like these are why diets don't work; there is so much that you can't do and so much maintenance. I mean, no bread? No noodles?

No offense. I mean, if it works for you, that is excellent. I don't think I could go without having a (diet) red bull now and then, or a sandwich or some mac n cheese. Portion-controlled, of course.

Agree.