Did you know your body has a natural fat burner?

Options

Replies

• invisibubble
    invisibubble Posts: 662 Member
    Options
    He Hate Me in da house! A certified nutritionist can be someone who passed a test after a week of studying. A registered dietitian would tell you differently.
    And whether you care or not, it's important that on a public forum that CORRECT information is posted and unfortunately what you've posted doesn't have peer reviewed clinical study to actually back it. So what you're stating is opinion and opinions usually are subjective and not objective.

Quite.
  • KarenJanine
    KarenJanine Posts: 3,497 Member
    Options
    Thanks for all the negativity...it's really what I wanted just trying to help but what ever I ain't mad bro...it's pretty much saying eat organic and know whats in your food and the information I got was from a certified nutritionist. Good for you and all that you ate or "rules" that you broke off that list. I really don't care. I was just putting the information out there for people who are struggling. It's not a diet either its more like guidelines because when items say no, fat free, or anything diet-ISH on it it pretty much is telling you we took out all the good stuff in the product and replaced it with bad stuff like SUGAR. Did you know eating certain genetically modified food or what ever can be fatal? It may cause a reaction with your body? Take my post as you will I DONOT care I just put information out there to get it out there so maybe someone who wasn't doing to well or wanted some kind of guide lines would look at my post and do what they please with it. Also did you know when you eat pasta and bread it all becomes a hard ball in your stomach about the size of your fist? Also all wheat in the USA is a GMO, so is soy...the soy bean has lots of good stuff in it but when they do what they do to get soy (milk, tofu...etc...) they take out all the good stuff and pump it up with CRAP...you don't want to follow the guidelines I posted I DON'T CARE I didn't put it up here so you would follow it just to give some more insight to losing weight...but like I said thank you for the negativity..(: hope you feel better about yourselves. Have a nice night!!

I really would not trust your 'nutritionist'. Nutritionists can practice with virtually no qualifications.
  • AnvilHead
    AnvilHead Posts: 18,344 Member
    Options
    I really would not trust your 'nutritionist'. Nutritionists can practice with virtually no qualifications.
    ...as is painfully evident if the information in the OP (and ensuing post) was truly dispensed by a nutritionist.
  • brevislux
    brevislux Posts: 1,093 Member
    Options
    That's interesting, I eat some of those things in the list, but my body fat percentage is in the athletic range.

That's because as long as you eat good food, not too much of it, and work out, you'll burn fat. Really, I do swear by it.
  • rfsatar
    rfsatar Posts: 599 Member
    Options
    I see from your profile that you have used the site on and off, so can I assume that in the past you indulged in some or all of that list and this time you don't intend to?

Different things work for different people ... For example gaining an initial awareness of calorific value is a good start, then comes research in factors like BMR, TDEE, understanding a lot more about healthy calorific deficits, and regular exercise.

The is only one right way... And that is whatever is working for individuals at the time. But it doesn't work for everyone - and you know what - that's ok. It doesn't have to.

Personally, I eat what I want in moderation, I eat to a calorific deficit range, I eat at maintenance when I want, and it works for me.

It is natural to want to "share" what you think is the best way of achieving a goal - just as it is natural to feel irritation when people disagree.
    It is also the nature of a public Internet forum - for example not knowing the name of the hormones to which you are referencing is, unfortunately, going to invite an element of ridicule.

I do genuinely wish people well on their journeys, whatever they choose to do, and I hope that this time around you achieve your aims.
  • vizsla99
    vizsla99 Posts: 66 Member
    Options
    FloridaKidd40, I don't think anyone is making a personal attack on you. I believe other people are simply standing up for what their beliefs and opinions are on this topic.

Many of the people in these forums have tremendous personal success stories with weight loss and improved fitness. I believe if you interacted with an open-mind and a willingness to learn from others, you would find people on here to be very helpful and generous with their time and knowledge. Personally, I tend to try and listen to people who have been through the process and found success.

In your profile, you indicated that you've started and failed at your weight loss goals on multiple occasions. Your ticker also indicates that you are still at the beginning of this round of weight loss. You also don't have much of a history of posting in these forums (I really don't either in the whole scheme of things). Generally speaking, it does tend to rub people the wrong way when someone comes in with no personal success story and starts preaching questionable beliefs as "facts". Almost everything you stated in your post has some level of truth in it, but it's the extreme way in which you presented the material that gets everyone riled up. Extreme and restrictive diets almost never work. Look to the people who have maintained a successful lifestyle and look to them for guidance, inspiration, and mentoring.

I hope you read this post with an open-mind and at least consider what I've said. Everyone on here would like you to succeed with your goals and have a healthy lifestyle that you can live with forever.

Lance
  • shella_bella
    Options
    PASS.
  • courtneymal17
    courtneymal17 Posts: 672 Member
    Options
    I call BS unless I see multiple peer reviewed scientific journals.

Haha right? Or spellcheck....or the actual names of things...
  • CherokeeBabe
    CherokeeBabe Posts: 1,704 Member
    Options
    Wow and 99% of you DID NOT THE ENTIRE POST all you read was the word NO...how pathetic first of all I am a FEMALE READ the entire post before you post your ignorant comments THANKS!!!

I read it all, and my answer is still...no.

I am also a FEMALE. And I READ THE ENTIRE POST. And it's still ridiculous :D
  • Alatariel75
    Alatariel75 Posts: 17,959 Member
    Options
    There is no way I'd be stress free while trying to abide by all those restrictions

You beat me right to it.
  • Ashiieepuff
    Options
    That's nice honey
  • Hbazzell
    Hbazzell Posts: 899 Member
    Options
    I have never heard of bread/pasta becoming a ball in your stomach the size of a fist. Do you know where you got the info? I would like to read it.

WARNING TMI to follow:

I get sick a lot (usually from migrains) and throw up everything I ate (like EVERYTHING) and I eat bread and pasta and I have never puked out a ball. Also, saliva starts breaking down carbohydrates before they even make it into the stomach, so what part of what I eat is turning into a ball?
  • jenilla1
    jenilla1 Posts: 11,118 Member
    Options
    NO!
    NO FLORIDABOY!

You dont understand what you are talking about.

You know what a natural fat burning hormone is?
    Testosterone!

You eat like a man and lift like a man and walk like a man and youll help it along.

Now GO!
    And forget that silly list you posted earlier.

That's a woman, dude. :noway:
  • Hbazzell
    Hbazzell Posts: 899 Member
    Options
    NO!
    NO FLORIDABOY!

You dont understand what you are talking about.

You know what a natural fat burning hormone is?
    Testosterone!

You eat like a man and lift like a man and walk like a man and youll help it along.

Now GO!
    And forget that silly list you posted earlier.

Or eat like a WOMAN and lift like a WOMAN :) I know Dan is utilizing hyperbole to make a point but I just want to throw it out there that the ladies lift too! (even though I suck at it many gals out there are *kitten* kickers and I know he is aware of that)
  • Helloitsdan
    Helloitsdan Posts: 5,564 Member
    Options
    Lol I meant Kidd and it came out "boy".
    Sorry.

Truth is unless you have some type of allergies you don't need to fut any food from your diet.
    eat below tdee and create a reason for your body to maintain lean mass while losing fat.
    Eat
    Lift
    Walk
    Sleep
    Rinse
    Repeat
  • neanderthin
    neanderthin Posts: 10,018 Member
    Options
    Thanks for all the negativity...it's really what I wanted just trying to help but what ever I ain't mad bro...it's pretty much saying eat organic and know whats in your food and the information I got was from a certified nutritionist. Good for you and all that you ate or "rules" that you broke off that list. I really don't care. I was just putting the information out there for people who are struggling. It's not a diet either its more like guidelines because when items say no, fat free, or anything diet-ISH on it it pretty much is telling you we took out all the good stuff in the product and replaced it with bad stuff like SUGAR. Did you know eating certain genetically modified food or what ever can be fatal? It may cause a reaction with your body? Take my post as you will I DONOT care I just put information out there to get it out there so maybe someone who wasn't doing to well or wanted some kind of guide lines would look at my post and do what they please with it. Also did you know when you eat pasta and bread it all becomes a hard ball in your stomach about the size of your fist? Also all wheat in the USA is a GMO, so is soy...the soy bean has lots of good stuff in it but when they do what they do to get soy (milk, tofu...etc...) they take out all the good stuff and pump it up with CRAP...you don't want to follow the guidelines I posted I DON'T CARE I didn't put it up here so you would follow it just to give some more insight to losing weight...but like I said thank you for the negativity..(: hope you feel better about yourselves. Have a nice night!!
    I'm sure your intentions are good, but who ever suggested that list probably is a novice in regards to nutrition, and yes, eating whole food is a good plan and no pasta doesn't become the fist of regret in the gut, nor is any wheat GMO.....and a good reason not to put a list out there on the www to be cut down like a spring asparagus.
  • Maidofmer
    Maidofmer Posts: 908 Member
    Options
    thanks for the info. here are some things you missed tho

1: you MUST eat a lot of cup cakes to lose weight
    2: you MUST rip out your soul
    3: you MUST hate life

I know, it sounds silly, but there it is
  • offthedeependay
    offthedeependay Posts: 435 Member
    Options
    I have tried these restrictive *diets* with no success at all ,in fact I would end up gaining any weight I lost back and then some.I have lost 90 pounds in 16 months by eatting everything in moderation,I didn't cut anything out of my diet except ,fast food and limit processed food.By restricting what I ate I would miss the foods that I loved to eat,then I would quit the diet and gorge out on everything which made the entire diet a waist of time .I eat high protein,low sodium whole natural foods,make most of my meals from scratch and exercise,,and you know what I am living proof that it works .I was 250 pounds for a long time and this site is the only thing that has worked for me and has kept my weight at 160 lbs where I am now.It is a life style change and portion size.Eat less calories then you burn loses fat.but good luck on your weight lose journey.I hope restriction works for you.I know it didn't for me.
    and yes those are cabbage rolls on my picure that I made from scratch..thats the type of food I eat and wow,,I lost weight
  • YAYJules
    YAYJules Posts: 282 Member
    Options
    I have never heard of bread/pats becoming a ball in your stomach the size of a fist. Do you know where you got the info? I would like to read it.

WARNING TMI to follow:

I get sick a lot (usually from migrains) and throw up everything I ate (like EVERYTHING) and I eat bread and pasta and I have never puked out a ball. Also, saliva starts breaking down carbohydrates before they even make it into the stomach, so what part of what I eat is turning into a ball?

Word. In the presence of salivary amylase, starch gets broken down into maltose. The "ball" doesn't happen until the renowned "poop" phase, which takes place well beyond the stomach; unless a surgical diversion has taken place, in which case you have a cruel surgeon.
  • blues4miles
    blues4miles Posts: 1,481 Member
    Options
    Did you know eating certain genetically modified food or what ever can be fatal? It may cause a reaction with your body? Take my post as you will I DONOT care I just put information out there to get it out there so maybe someone who wasn't doing to well or wanted some kind of guide lines would look at my post and do what they please with it. Also did you know when you eat pasta and bread it all becomes a hard ball in your stomach about the size of your fist?

You're a troll, right? :noway: