Did you know your body has a natural fat burner?

Options

Replies

• wolfchild59
    wolfchild59 Posts: 2,608 Member
    Options
    2. NO processed foods.
    3. NO margarine (use butter instead)
    How is butter not a processed food? Do you pick your butter straight from the butter tree?

And WTH is a 'processed' food anyway? Is cutting the tops off of carrots processing? What about peeling them?

As much as people around here like to demonize processed foods, I've still never seen anyone define 'processed.'

Processed means having ingredients that you cannot pronounce.

If you can pronounce all the ingredients, then it's not as processed.

Or at least thats how I like to think of it from what I've read on here.

I've never not been able to pronounce something that's on a label, so that means that I can eat anything because nothing is processed for me.

Awesome. *high fives self*

But really, if it's in a package that has a label, that has more that one ingredient listed, it's probably been processed in some way.

And ultimately, unless you're going out and killing your organic, free-range chickens, plucking them, and then butchering them in your own kitchen, they've gone through processing of some kind to be broken down and packaged to be sent to the store for you to buy.
  • wolfchild59
    Options
    2. NO processed foods.
    How is butter not a processed food? Do you pick your butter straight from the butter tree?

And WTH is a 'processed' food anyway? Is cutting the tops off of carrots processing? What about peeling them?

As much as people around here like to demonize processed foods, I've still never seen anyone define 'processed.'

Can you pronounce all of these?

Water, glucose, fructose, galactose, phenolic glycosides, 6-deoxyaldohexoses (fuctose and rhamnose), saccharose, galacturonans, (1-4) linked D-galactopiranuronic acid, pectin, pectinic acids, polygalacturonic acids, pectinestarase, Citric Acid, L-Malic Acid, D-Isocitric Acid, Oxalic Acid, Succinic Acid, Malonic Acid, Quinic Acid, Tartaric Acid, Adipic Acid, 2-ketogluratic Acid, praline, asparagines, aspartic acid, serine, glutamic acid and arginine. oxidoreductases, transferases, hydrolases and lyases, isomerases and ligases, glucosilglucerides, Carotenoids, tetraterpenes, limonin, aslimonoic acid A-ring lactone, neohesperidosides, flavones (3-hydroxyflavanones, 3-dydroxyflavones, O-glycosyl, aglycones C-glycosylflavones, Anthocyanins, (hesperidin, naringin, poncirin, neoheriocitrin, neohesperidin, rhoifolin, rutin, diosmin, sinensetin, auranetin, tangeritin, hydroxyethylrutinosideres, nobiletin cyanidin-3-glucoside, cyanidina-3.5-diglucoside, peonidin-5-glucoside, delphinidin-3-glucoside, petunidin-3-glucoside, Vitamin C (Ascorbic Acid), Pholacine, Vitamin B6, Thiamine, Riboflavin, Biotin, Pantotenic acid, Vitamin A.

I just read that aloud. Hydroxyethylrutinosideres gave me a pause, but sounded it out and got it. It's actually fun to say, try it. :)

So, totally not-processed for me. What it is so I can add it to my clean diet! :wink:
  • LiftAllThePizzas
    LiftAllThePizzas Posts: 17,857 Member
    Options
    2. NO processed foods.

Can you pronounce all of these?

Water, glucose, fructose, galactose, phenolic glycosides, 6-deoxyaldohexoses (fuctose and rhamnose), saccharose, galacturonans, (1-4) linked D-galactopiranuronic acid, pectin, pectinic acids, polygalacturonic acids, pectinestarase, Citric Acid, L-Malic Acid, D-Isocitric Acid, Oxalic Acid, Succinic Acid, Malonic Acid, Quinic Acid, Tartaric Acid, Adipic Acid, 2-ketogluratic Acid, praline, asparagines, aspartic acid, serine, glutamic acid and arginine. oxidoreductases, transferases, hydrolases and lyases, isomerases and ligases, glucosilglucerides, Carotenoids, tetraterpenes, limonin, aslimonoic acid A-ring lactone, neohesperidosides, flavones (3-hydroxyflavanones, 3-dydroxyflavones, O-glycosyl, aglycones C-glycosylflavones, Anthocyanins, (hesperidin, naringin, poncirin, neoheriocitrin, neohesperidin, rhoifolin, rutin, diosmin, sinensetin, auranetin, tangeritin, hydroxyethylrutinosideres, nobiletin cyanidin-3-glucoside, cyanidina-3.5-diglucoside, peonidin-5-glucoside, delphinidin-3-glucoside, petunidin-3-glucoside, Vitamin C (Ascorbic Acid), Pholacine, Vitamin B6, Thiamine, Riboflavin, Biotin, Pantotenic acid, Vitamin A.
    LOL, I was gonna ask if they would eat foods that contain deoxyribonucleic acids, phospholipids, ribosomes, or endoplasmic reticulum.
  • magpiej
    magpiej Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    Try saying "yes" and listing what you can have and do....stay positive. NO is such a downer
  • allenhandley
    allenhandley Posts: 134 Member
    Options
    I can do #8, #9 & #11
  • wolfchild59
    Options
    Fixed it.

1. DRINK concentrated juices in moderation
    2. EAT processed foods in moderation
    3. EAT margarine in moderation, if you want. If you don't like margarine use butter instead
    4. EAT whole wheat bread
    5. EAT bread(in general), pasta and other "comfort foods" in moderation
    6. EAT high carb meals in moderation
    7. EAT apple pie, cakes, muffins, pizza in moderation
    8. EAT nutrient dense foods
    9. DRINK water, coffee, tea, and green tea. (TRY NOT TO waste TO MANY calories on a drink)
    10. EAT processed soy in moderation (unless you have an allergy, then just say NO).
    11. EAT snap peas, green beans, and other legumes.
    12. NO genetically modified foods.
    13. EAT energy bars that fit the balance of macros for your specific purpose in using them (e.g. protein or carbs) in moderation
    14. DRINK soda/soft drinks, sports drinks or other sugary drinks in moderation
    15. EAT canned soups in moderation, and when you do have them, look for lower sodium options
    16. EAT microwaveable popcorn in moderation. Old fashioned air popped is okay in moderation too.
    17. EAT foods labeled diet, or fat free in moderation
  • Shabbyrose
    Options
    I have lost almost ten pounds in three weeks and I've had....
    Pizza
    Burgers
    Pasta
    Bread
    Rice
    Chocolate
    Cookies
    French fries

Think I'm doing okay. I'll stick to that.

This is the first diet I have been able to stick to full heatedly, and it's because I'm not denying myself anything.
  • Velum_cado
    Velum_cado Posts: 1,608 Member
    Options
    Ah, *kitten*, I've broken most of those rules and SOMEHOW I've managed to lose over 120 lbs. I'm obviously doing something wrong.

:|
  • ShannonECTD
    ShannonECTD Posts: 203 Member
    Options
    NO thanks
  • droppinpounds130
    Options
    Perfectly said!!
    ...yeah. I think I'd rather count calories. Restrictions like these are why diets don't work; there is so much that you can't do and so much maintenance. I mean, no bread? No noodles?

No offense. I mean, if it works for you, that is excellent. I don't think I could go without having a (diet) red bull now and then, or a sandwich or some mac n cheese. Portion-controlled, of course.
  • LaurenAOK
    LaurenAOK Posts: 2,475 Member
    Options
    FloridaKidd40, I don't think anyone is making a personal attack on you. I believe other people are simply standing up for what their beliefs and opinions are on this topic.

Many of the people in these forums have tremendous personal success stories with weight loss and improved fitness. I believe if you interacted with an open-mind and a willingness to learn from others, you would find people on here to be very helpful and generous with their time and knowledge. Personally, I tend to try and listen to people who have been through the process and found success.

In your profile, you indicated that you've started and failed at your weight loss goals on multiple occasions. Your ticker also indicates that you are still at the beginning of this round of weight loss. You also don't have much of a history of posting in these forums (I really don't either in the whole scheme of things). Generally speaking, it does tend to rub people the wrong way when someone comes in with no personal success story and starts preaching questionable beliefs as "facts". Almost everything you stated in your post has some level of truth in it, but it's the extreme way in which you presented the material that gets everyone riled up. Extreme and restrictive diets almost never work. Look to the people who have maintained a successful lifestyle and look to them for guidance, inspiration, and mentoring.

I hope you read this post with an open-mind and at least consider what I've said. Everyone on here would like you to succeed with your goals and have a healthy lifestyle that you can live with forever.

Lance

^^^^^^^ THIS ^^^^^^^^ :drinker: :bigsmile: :wink:

/endthread
  • swat1948
    swat1948 Posts: 302 Member
    Options
    No way I am giving up bread and pasta and that is why I am here because I don't have to...:tongue: .
  • Strickens
    Options
    Dunno what everyone has against genetically modified foods. If it wasn't for GM wheats and vegetables, there wouldn't be enough produce to feed everyone and there would be worldwide starvation. I mean, basically everything is genetically modified in some way, especially cereals and grains.
  • Lilith5
    Lilith5 Posts: 99 Member
    Options
    Stress free! What's that!? :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:
  • neanderthin
    neanderthin Posts: 10,018 Member
    Options
    Dunno what everyone has against genetically modified foods. If it wasn't for GM wheats and vegetables, there wouldn't be enough produce to feed everyone and there would be worldwide starvation. I mean, basically everything is genetically modified in some way, especially cereals and grains.
    Wheat is not genetically modified.
  • julesxo
    julesxo Posts: 422 Member
    Options
    There are a lot of no's on that list..... :/
  • RobynC79
    RobynC79 Posts: 331 Member
    Options
    Things I comprehend from the original post:

1.Adrenaline
    2.Cortisol
    3.The OP has absolutely no understaning of basic physiology or biology
    4. (Therefore) this is a set of completely unsupportable claims with no realistic bearing on 'fat burning'

Things by which I remain baffled:

1. Why people post complete nonsense that they've either pasted from elsewhere without actually understanding it, or that they've made up themselves and presented in an imperative manner when they evidently have no idea what they're talking about
    2. How, exactly, they think this will add to their credibility

ETA - having thought about this for five minutes, I realise this sounds really mean (but I'm going to leave it because it bugs me when people post in haste and then delete it)... sorry to he OP - it's just quite frustrating seeing people post things that are very misleading and potentially harmful to themselves and others. Please, read around on the forums a little and try to glean some knowledge from the many people here who are making a great deal of sense - in the long run I think it will help you a lot.
  • Strickens
    Options
    Wheat is not genetically modified.

Wrong, wheat has been genetically modified, however it is not widely used. Yet.
  • trogalicious
    trogalicious Posts: 4,584 Member
    Options
    someone sounds hangry.
  • lachesissss
    lachesissss Posts: 1,298 Member
    Options
    *looks down at my intact floor* You know I was hoping this information was gonna be a little more ground breaking.