Did you know your body has a natural fat burner?

Options

Replies

• giggitygoo
    giggitygoo Posts: 1,978 Member
    Options
    I broke all of these rules today. Every single one of them AND I LIKED IT

okay....there were no GMOs, or canned soup....but you get the picture.
  • Arexxx
    Arexxx Posts: 486 Member
    Options
    Too many No's. I'd rather the moderation technique ;)
  • MizTerry
    MizTerry Posts: 3,763 Member
    Options
    It's a hormone that starts with the letter A i forget exactly what it's called. Also you need to be as stress free as possible because when your stressed wether its bad or good stress this other hormone calle cestrol I think that's what it's called anyways it cannot determine the difference between an emergency stressful situation or a positive stressful situation so cestrol releases and cause you to be hungry when you may not be. Anyway here are a few things that can help lose fat/belly fat naurally without having to diet, take pills, or count calories even though I will still count my calories.

1. NO concintrated juices
    2. NO processed foods.
    3. NO margarine (use butter instead)
    4. NO whole wheat bread
    5. NO bread(in general), pasta and other "comfort foods".
    6. NO high carb meals.
    7. NO apple pie, cakes, muffins, pizza.
    8. EAT nutrient dense foods.
    9. DRINK green tea. (Donot waste calories on a drink)
    10. NO proccessed soy(soy milk, tofu, soy protein).
    11. EAT snap peas, green beans, and other legumes.
    12. NO genetically modified foods.
    13. NO energy gars.
    14. NO soda/soft drinks, sports drinks or other sugary drinks.
    15. NO canned soups
    16. NO microwaveable popcorn (old fashioned air popped is okay)
    17. NO foods labeld diet, or fat free.

Hells bells...why eat???
    I think I'll pass.
  • DavPul
    DavPul Posts: 61,406 Member
    Options
    3qdc4s_zps0fe0e2cf.jpg
  • taunto
    taunto Posts: 6,420 Member
    Options
    You want to take away bread and legumes from an Indian guy...?
  • AlongCame_Molly
    AlongCame_Molly Posts: 2,835 Member
    Options
    You want to take away bread and legumes from an Indian guy...?

I thought Indians were brown? You look a little...green.

btw, just trolled your photos, and the bathing suit pic made me crack up out loud. Srsly.
  • loser43055
    Options
    There are several hormones that are natural fat burners....among them are leptin, testosterone, thyroxine and human growth hormone (HGH).
  • Rhozelyn
    Rhozelyn Posts: 201 Member
    Options
    Acute stress is good for you as it causes ADRENALINE to be released (fight fright flight hormone).
    Chronic stress is bad for you because it causes CORTISOL release which causes fat storage......

So cutting out too much stuff might be ok when you do it for a day but a few weeks later and chronic stress builds!
  • calibriintx
    calibriintx Posts: 1,741 Member
    Options
    I only drink water but if I want juice, I'm going to drink it.
    2. NO processed foods.
    I limit processed foods but elimination just isn't going to happen.
    Agreed. Margarine is gross.
    4. NO whole wheat bread
    Not happening. I make 1-2 loaves of whole wheat bread per week and it's delish.
    Yeah, not happening.
    6. NO high carb meals.
    Okay, seriously, stop saying NO.
    Starting to think this is a funny joke.
    Done
    What's wrong with water?
    Not a huge fan of soy pretending to be other things but if I liked them, I'd eat them.
    Again, if I like them, I'll eat them.
    Agreed
    13. NO energy gars.
    Are you talking about protein bars?
    I don't even like them but I'm not going to say NO, as in NEVER. maybe I want a Dr. Pepper Freeze from DQ a couple times a year.
    15. NO canned soups
    I try to make my own but I'm not going to boycott canned.
    I DO WHAT I WANT!
    Seriously? I do tend to avoid diet or fat free food but don't say NO or NEVER. Lower fat yogurt, cream cheese, etc. is an awesome lowfat option. Lower in fat and higher in protein!
  • Helloitsdan
    Helloitsdan Posts: 5,564 Member
    Options
    NO!
    NO FLORIDABOY!

You dont understand what you are talking about.

You know what a natural fat burning hormone is?
    Testosterone!

You eat like a man and lift like a man and walk like a man and youll help it along.

Now GO!
    And forget that silly list you posted earlier.
  • Floridakidd407
    Options
    Thanks for all the negativity...it's really what I wanted just trying to help but what ever I ain't mad bro...it's pretty much saying eat organic and know whats in your food and the information I got was from a certified nutritionist. Good for you and all that you ate or "rules" that you broke off that list. I really don't care. I was just putting the information out there for people who are struggling. It's not a diet either its more like guidelines because when items say no, fat free, or anything diet-ISH on it it pretty much is telling you we took out all the good stuff in the product and replaced it with bad stuff like SUGAR. Did you know eating certain genetically modified food or what ever can be fatal? It may cause a reaction with your body? Take my post as you will I DONOT care I just put information out there to get it out there so maybe someone who wasn't doing to well or wanted some kind of guide lines would look at my post and do what they please with it. Also did you know when you eat pasta and bread it all becomes a hard ball in your stomach about the size of your fist? Also all wheat in the USA is a GMO, so is soy...the soy bean has lots of good stuff in it but when they do what they do to get soy (milk, tofu...etc...) they take out all the good stuff and pump it up with CRAP...you don't want to follow the guidelines I posted I DON'T CARE I didn't put it up here so you would follow it just to give some more insight to losing weight...but like I said thank you for the negativity..(: hope you feel better about yourselves. Have a nice night!!
  • Sarauk2sf
    Sarauk2sf Posts: 28,072 Member
    Options
    Thanks for all the negativity...it's really what I wanted just trying to help but what ever I ain't mad bro...it's pretty much saying eat organic and know whats in your food and the information I got was from a certified nutritionist. Good for you and all that you ate or "rules" that you broke off that list. I really don't care. I was just putting the information out there for people who are struggling. It's not a diet either its more like guidelines because when items say no, fat free, or anything diet-ISH on it it pretty much is telling you we took out all the good stuff in the product and replaced it with bad stuff like SUGAR. Did you know eating certain genetically modified food or what ever can be fatal? It may cause a reaction with your body? Take my post as you will I DONOT care I just put information out there to get it out there so maybe someone who wasn't doing to well or wanted some kind of guide lines would look at my post and do what they please with it. Also did you know when you eat pasta and bread it all becomes a hard ball in your stomach about the size of your fist? Also all wheat in the USA is a GMO, so is soy...the soy bean has lots of good stuff in it but when they do what they do to get soy (milk, tofu...etc...) they take out all the good stuff and pump it up with CRAP...you don't want to follow the guidelines I posted I DON'T CARE I didn't put it up here so you would follow it just to give some more insight to losing weight...but like I said thank you for the negativity..(: hope you feel better about yourselves. Have a nice night!!

Where on earth are you getting this stuff from?
  • Floridakidd407
    Options
    Wow and 99% of you DID NOT THE ENTIRE POST all you read was the word NO...how pathetic first of all I am a FEMALE READ the entire post before you post your ignorant comments THANKS!!!
  • AnvilHead
    AnvilHead Posts: 18,344 Member
    Options
    You dont understand what you are talking about.

You know what a natural fat burning hormone is?
    Testosterone!

You eat like a man and lift like a man and walk like a man and youll help it along.

Now GO!
    And forget that silly list you posted earlier.
    ^ So full of win.

That list is ridiculous and excessively/unnecessarily restrictive. Furthermore, there is no such thing as specific foods which "help lose belly fat". You lose belly fat (along with the rest of the fat on your body) by eating at a caloric deficit, period. Couple that with adequate protein intake and some strength training and you're on the right path.
  • Sarauk2sf
    Sarauk2sf Posts: 28,072 Member
    Options
    Wow and 99% of you DID NOT THE ENTIRE POST all you read was the word NO...how pathetic first of all I am a FEMALE READ the entire post before you post your ignorant comments THANKS!!!

I read it all, and my answer is still...no.
  • ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,699 Member
    Options
    It's a hormone that starts with the letter A i forget exactly what it's called. Also you need to be as stress free as possible because when your stressed wether its bad or good stress this other hormone calle cestrol I think that's what it's called anyways it cannot determine the difference between an emergency stressful situation or a positive stressful situation so cestrol releases and cause you to be hungry when you may not be. Anyway here are a few things that can help lose fat/belly fat naurally without having to diet, take pills, or count calories even though I will still count my calories.

2. NO processed foods.
    4. NO whole wheat bread
    6. NO high carb meals.
    13. NO energy gars.
    15. NO canned soups
    Yeah, anecdotes aren't evidence. You lose fat naturally with CALORIE DEFICIT. Even while eating the above mentioned.

A.C.E. Certified Personal and Group Fitness Trainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness industry for 30 years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition
  • AnvilHead
    AnvilHead Posts: 18,344 Member
    Options

I read it all, and my answer is still...no.
    ^ This. Same answer to the subsequent post as well....still no. If you have some peer-reviewed scientific studies to back up the anecdotal claims, I'd be more than happy to look at them. I'm all about learning.
  • pinkraynedropjacki
    pinkraynedropjacki Posts: 3,027 Member
    Options
    I love my toasties. I love my sushi. I love my occasional LARGE pizza to myself. I love my coconut oil as my 'butter'. I love my energy bar after gym that has nuts in it. I love my green coffee that is only 5 cals a drink. I love my coke zero that is only 1.8 cals a drink. I love my 1.25 ltr bottle of soft drink that is only 5 cals the whole bottle. I HATE green tea...it sends me potty in a hurry (not good while running) I love my pasta (slim pasta cause I can have 2 servings that comes to 25 cals if I am lucky) . I LOVE the fact that while eating all this I made my goal weight in 8 months and feel great.... knowing I can eat what I damn like now...no joke.

Sorry but what works for some...... does NOT always work for others.
  • invisibubble
    invisibubble Posts: 662 Member
    Options
    I read all of it too, noticed you're female, so what? I also noticed you're at the far end of your ticker. So, y'know, doesn't seem to be working for you really. What are you basing all of this "information" on, anyway? I see no proof that it works. Me, I'm living proof that disregarding ALL of that can work. Not saying you should, just saying it doesn't hurt.
  • ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,699 Member
    Options
    He Hate Me in da house! A certified nutritionist can be someone who passed a test after a week of studying. A registered dietitian would tell you differently.
    And whether you care or not, it's important that on a public forum that CORRECT information is posted and unfortunately what you've posted doesn't have peer reviewed clinical study to actually back it. So what you're stating is opinion and opinions usually are subjective and not objective.

A.C.E. Certified Personal and Group Fitness Trainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness industry for 30 years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition