Did you know your body has a natural fat burner?

Options

Replies

• reallifealien
    reallifealien Posts: 128 Member
    Options
    whatever

carbaholic 4 lyf
  • foleyshirley
    foleyshirley Posts: 1,043 Member
    Options
    Also all wheat in the USA is a GMO, so is soy...the soy bean has lots of good stuff in it but when they do what they do to get soy (milk, tofu...etc...) they take out all the good stuff and pump it up with CRAP...
    This is incorrect. Not all wheat & soy is GMO.
    There are MANY GMO foods in the USA, which I AM HIGHLY against & probably one of the biggest things I spaz out on (I was one of those people trying to get Prop 37 to pass in California last election which would have required GMOs to be labeled.)
    If you are worried about wheat or soy being GMO, just make sure it's organic. If it's labeled organic it's not allowed to contain GMOs.

Over 90 percent of soy in the US is GMO.
  • hamncheese67
    hamncheese67 Posts: 1,715 Member
    Options
    I'll take what the OP wrote and it does say that the items in her list CAN help you in losing weight. Sure, put enough restrictions and you'll reduce calories and lose weight. And for a select group of people, they can adhere to that list or get pretty close to it. But, I would guess, without proof, for most people, it's not practical or sustainable. Nor, do I think would adhering to that list, be stress free.

It's easy enough to nit-pick the original post, but one thing is that I don't feel calorie counting should be lumped in with fad diets and pills. Calorie counting can be tedious and difficult for some, but the principle of taking in less calories than we use is the basis of losing weight.
  • spamantha57
    spamantha57 Posts: 674 Member
    Options
    Also all wheat in the USA is a GMO, so is soy...the soy bean has lots of good stuff in it but when they do what they do to get soy (milk, tofu...etc...) they take out all the good stuff and pump it up with CRAP...
    This is incorrect. Not all wheat & soy is GMO.
    There are MANY GMO foods in the USA, which I AM HIGHLY against & probably one of the biggest things I spaz out on (I was one of those people trying to get Prop 37 to pass in California last election which would have required GMOs to be labeled.)
    If you are worried about wheat or soy being GMO, just make sure it's organic. If it's labeled organic it's not allowed to contain GMOs.

Over 90 percent of soy in the US is GMO.
    I honestly don't trust most food to not be GMO unless it says organic. You won't find me buying produce at a Walmart. But his statement that "all wheat & soy is GMO" is incorrect. Really wish they would label GMOs, but... $$$ in politics. Monsanto knows if GMOs are labeled most people will steer clear of them.
  • WinnerVictorious
    WinnerVictorious Posts: 4,735 Member
    Options
    I honestly don't trust most food to not be GMO unless it says organic. You won't find me buying produce at a Walmart. But his statement that "all wheat & soy is GMO" is incorrect. Really wish they would label GMOs, but... $$$ in politics. Monsanto knows if GMOs are labeled most people will steer clear of them.

why do you think that? i know of no actual science showing that genetically modified foods are in any way harmful.

fear mongering does not sway me at all.

http://www.acsh.org/scaremonger-junk-science-proliferates-around-gmos/
  • harlanJEN
    harlanJEN Posts: 1,089 Member
    Options
    It's a hormone that starts with the letter A i forget exactly what it's called. Also you need to be as stress free as possible because when your stressed wether its bad or good stress this other hormone calle cestrol I think that's what it's called anyways

TOTALLY stopped reading after the opening sentence fragments. If you start a post right off the bat with " I forget exactly what it's called .. I think that's what it's called " ... I check out. Doesn't bode well for the "information" you are seeking to provide.

And yes, I wasted minutes of my life that I now can't get back. But .. that's on ME.
  • ILiftHeavyAcrylics
    ILiftHeavyAcrylics Posts: 27,732 Member
    Options

why do you think that? i know of no actual science showing that genetically modified foods are in any way harmful.

fear mongering does not sway me at all.

http://www.acsh.org/scaremonger-junk-science-proliferates-around-gmos/

This. Labeling foods that have GMOs seems the same as saying they're harmful, and I'm in no way convinced that they are.
  • LiftAllThePizzas
    LiftAllThePizzas Posts: 17,857 Member
    Options
    Screw that! I'd rather be fat. Fortunately those aren't the only two choices.

And WTF @ "NO genetically modified foods." Might as well add in, "only foods that have been touched by His noodly appendage."

It's a hormone that starts with the letter A i forget exactly what it's called. Also you need to be as stress free as possible because when your stressed wether its bad or good stress this other hormone calle cestrol I think that's what it's called anyways it cannot determine the difference between an emergency stressful situation or a positive stressful situation so cestrol releases and cause you to be hungry when you may not be. Anyway here are a few things that can help lose fat/belly fat naurally without having to diet, take pills, or count calories even though I will still count my calories.

1. NO concintrated juices
    2. NO processed foods.
    3. NO margarine (use butter instead)
    4. NO whole wheat bread
    5. NO bread(in general), pasta and other "comfort foods".
    6. NO high carb meals.
    7. NO apple pie, cakes, muffins, pizza.
    8. EAT nutrient dense foods.
    9. DRINK green tea. (Donot waste calories on a drink)
    10. NO proccessed soy(soy milk, tofu, soy protein).
    11. EAT snap peas, green beans, and other legumes.
    12. NO genetically modified foods.
    13. NO energy gars.
    14. NO soda/soft drinks, sports drinks or other sugary drinks.
    15. NO canned soups
    16. NO microwaveable popcorn (old fashioned air popped is okay)
    17. NO foods labeld diet, or fat free.
  • MaraDiaz
    MaraDiaz Posts: 4,604 Member
    Options
    This is pretty much how I eat and how I plan to eat the rest of my life. It's working for me.

I also kill everyone who stresses me out and bury them in the back yard. You should see the roses! Gardening is so relaxing.
  • Fit_Vixen1
    Options
    Wow!!!! Really?!? Yeah I think I'll follow OP "natural fat burner" post. His knowledge is out of this world. Let me just google...... his "I Thinks" I feel the fat melting off already!!!!!

Thank you for the plethora of information!!! :noway:
  • lorenzoinlr
    lorenzoinlr Posts: 338 Member
    Options
    I have never heard of bread/pasta becoming a ball in your stomach the size of a fist. Do you know where you got the info? I would like to read it.

WARNING TMI to follow:

I get sick a lot (usually from migrains) and throw up everything I ate (like EVERYTHING) and I eat bread and pasta and I have never puked out a ball. Also, saliva starts breaking down carbohydrates before they even make it into the stomach, so what part of what I eat is turning into a ball?

If there's no ball coming out, perhaps you aren't puking properly?
  • SandyAnnP
    SandyAnnP Posts: 251 Member
    Options
    Everyone should pick what works best for them.:)
    I managed to lose 20 kgs (44lbs) mainly by counting calories and did not cut out anything apart from deep fried foods. I love bread and could never give it up. Still had a glass of wine ( or two) most nights. Everything in moderation. :)
    Cutting out all kinds of foods from a weight loss plan ( don't mention the D word) will ultimately fail as sooner or later the person feels so deprived of everything they enjoy. Life, and food is meant to be enjoyed, what is the point if you don't have a special treat or celebration, to look forward to- that is occasionally, not EVERY day!
  • mmapags
    mmapags Posts: 8,934 Member
    Options
    FloridaKidd40, I don't think anyone is making a personal attack on you. I believe other people are simply standing up for what their beliefs and opinions are on this topic.

Many of the people in these forums have tremendous personal success stories with weight loss and improved fitness. I believe if you interacted with an open-mind and a willingness to learn from others, you would find people on here to be very helpful and generous with their time and knowledge. Personally, I tend to try and listen to people who have been through the process and found success.

In your profile, you indicated that you've started and failed at your weight loss goals on multiple occasions. Your ticker also indicates that you are still at the beginning of this round of weight loss. You also don't have much of a history of posting in these forums (I really don't either in the whole scheme of things). Generally speaking, it does tend to rub people the wrong way when someone comes in with no personal success story and starts preaching questionable beliefs as "facts". Almost everything you stated in your post has some level of truth in it, but it's the extreme way in which you presented the material that gets everyone riled up. Extreme and restrictive diets almost never work. Look to the people who have maintained a successful lifestyle and look to them for guidance, inspiration, and mentoring.

I hope you read this post with an open-mind and at least consider what I've said. Everyone on here would like you to succeed with your goals and have a healthy lifestyle that you can live with forever.

Lance

OP, this is the best peice of advice in this thread. It bears repeating. Especially the "rubs people the wrong way" part.
  • LiftAllThePizzas
    Options
    2. NO processed foods.
    How is butter not a processed food? Do you pick your butter straight from the butter tree?

And WTH is a 'processed' food anyway? Is cutting the tops off of carrots processing? What about peeling them?

As much as people around here like to demonize processed foods, I've still never seen anyone define 'processed.'
  • dad106
    dad106 Posts: 4,868 Member
    Options
    2. NO processed foods.
    How is butter not a processed food? Do you pick your butter straight from the butter tree?

And WTH is a 'processed' food anyway? Is cutting the tops off of carrots processing? What about peeling them?

As much as people around here like to demonize processed foods, I've still never seen anyone define 'processed.'

Processed means having ingredients that you cannot pronounce.

If you can pronounce all the ingredients, then it's not as processed.

Or at least thats how I like to think of it from what I've read on here.
  • mmapags
    mmapags Posts: 8,934 Member
    Options
    2. NO processed foods.

Sounds like a very subjective definition. And that's the problem with terms like "processed" or "clean". Unless you jsut picked it off the tree of vine, almost every food is processed to some degree.
  • LiftAllThePizzas
    Options
    2. NO processed foods.

How does a spoken language contain words that cannot be pronounced? That doesn't make any sense.
  • wolfchild59
    wolfchild59 Posts: 2,608 Member
    Options
    That sounds like the saddest, most depressing way to live a life. Why would anyone choose to eat by those restrictions for any reason other than medical illnesses?
  • Sarauk2sf
    Sarauk2sf Posts: 28,072 Member
    Options
    2. NO processed foods.

Can you pronounce all of these?

Water, glucose, fructose, galactose, phenolic glycosides, 6-deoxyaldohexoses (fuctose and rhamnose), saccharose, galacturonans, (1-4) linked D-galactopiranuronic acid, pectin, pectinic acids, polygalacturonic acids, pectinestarase, Citric Acid, L-Malic Acid, D-Isocitric Acid, Oxalic Acid, Succinic Acid, Malonic Acid, Quinic Acid, Tartaric Acid, Adipic Acid, 2-ketogluratic Acid, praline, asparagines, aspartic acid, serine, glutamic acid and arginine. oxidoreductases, transferases, hydrolases and lyases, isomerases and ligases, glucosilglucerides, Carotenoids, tetraterpenes, limonin, aslimonoic acid A-ring lactone, neohesperidosides, flavones (3-hydroxyflavanones, 3-dydroxyflavones, O-glycosyl, aglycones C-glycosylflavones, Anthocyanins, (hesperidin, naringin, poncirin, neoheriocitrin, neohesperidin, rhoifolin, rutin, diosmin, sinensetin, auranetin, tangeritin, hydroxyethylrutinosideres, nobiletin cyanidin-3-glucoside, cyanidina-3.5-diglucoside, peonidin-5-glucoside, delphinidin-3-glucoside, petunidin-3-glucoside, Vitamin C (Ascorbic Acid), Pholacine, Vitamin B6, Thiamine, Riboflavin, Biotin, Pantotenic acid, Vitamin A.
  • Mighty_Rabite
    Mighty_Rabite Posts: 581 Member
    Options
    I break a lot of those rules.

Oops