What do you pay for your gym?

Options
Miiimii
Miiimii Posts: 279 Member
How much costs your gym per month and how much money do you generally spend for your fitness (protein shakes, dvds, etc.)?

Replies

• toomuchbootyindapants
    Options
    The cost for membership at my gym is $150 a month (though I don't pay that). I try to consume my protein in food but do buy Trutein to supplement. Not really sure how long a tub of that lasts as we go in spurts drinking protein shakes. Invest in good food and take care of your body and your health insurance will be cheaper when you're older. :)
  • Miiimii
    Options
    150 seems a lot for the gym - are there any specials you get for the money?
    You are right, to investe in your health while you are young will pay of when you are old. Also I'm from Germany and we don't have to pay more for health insurance when we are old, no matter how healthy we are.
  • HurricaneElaine
    HurricaneElaine Posts: 984 Member
    Options
    Nothing.

I exercise on my bedroom floor! :bigsmile:

I AM going to join the local YMCA. Only $43.75 a month.

Wow, that's $525.00 a year. Maybe I won't join... :wink:
  • woolstockboy1
    woolstockboy1 Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    My gym is $38 per month. I spend $0 on fitness. I am not a big believer in supplements etc. I feel if you can eat a well balanced diet and you are getting all your nutrients thru food there really is no reason to spend extra on supplements.
  • cbarn025
    cbarn025 Posts: 939 Member
    Options
    100 bucks a month. (CrossFIt)
  • toomuchbootyindapants
    Options
    150 seems a lot for the gym - are there any specials you get for the money?
    You are right, to investe in your health while you are young will pay of when you are old. Also I'm from Germany and we don't have to pay more for health insurance when we are old, no matter how healthy we are.

It is a lot. Like I said, I don't pay that much. But what do you get? Well, personalized training, for one. It's setup similar to Crossfit but it's not Crossfit - just a mix of powerlifting, oly lifts, and body weight work. Coach writes up a WOD and he has other programs you can follow should you desire. I go five days a week for 45 mins and I'm pretty much addicted.

Yeah, health insurance gets higher the more ailments you have...so old or not, if you aren't taking care of yourself at any age, it's gonna show up in your medical bills and drug scrips.
  • sgtrowley
    sgtrowley Posts: 246 Member
    Options
    Military... I pay 0. (Work out on a government installations gym)... And The only real money I spend otherwise is drinking a Myoplex sometimes, so maybe about 20 or 30 a month.
  • CherokeeBabe
    CherokeeBabe Posts: 1,704 Member
    Options
    Nothing for gym, and for fitness I have spent probably around $150-$200 total in two years or so. Weights, stability ball, ankle and wrist weights, sneakers, resistance bands.
  • Mutant13
    Mutant13 Posts: 2,485 Member
    Options
    Wow you guys pay a lot for membership!

Mines about $30 a month, that includes all fitness classes and programs

I probably spend around 50 a month on supplements, new workout gear, the ocassional pt session etc if you worked it out over a year
  • Kara52217
    Kara52217 Posts: 353 Member
    Options
    $88 per month for my gym.. Then if hubby I each go 8 times insurance pays $40 so we end up paying $48 per month for the family membership so my daughter can use the childcare.

I don't do supplementsor shakes so that would be $0
  • GainsAndGuitars
    Options
    I have a discount through work for LA Fitness @ $25/month. My supplements range anywhere from $50-$75/mo. depending on what all I have to order (I also order for my fiancee sometimes.)
  • craigy_84
    craigy_84 Posts: 73 Member
    Options
    £0 for gym. £0 on supplements

I prefer being active outdoors however I do have a good 2-in-1 cross trainer/bike and a set of weights at home for those rainy days... which in England is quite often.

I also have a weekly game of badminton for £2
  • Christylee76
    Christylee76 Posts: 138 Member
    Options
    I pay 49.95 for a family membership to my local gym Hometown Fitness. As far as the supplements , I don't take any. I feel as long as I eat healthy, I don't feel the need..
  • kittyhorn
    kittyhorn Posts: 112 Member
    Options
    I pay $10/mth for the gym and I don't buy protein shakes or powders (that may change).
  • lawyerette
    lawyerette Posts: 301 Member
    Options
    $15/month for the gym (work deal for gym near office)

$45/week for B12/Lipovit shot (worth every single solitary penny!)
  • AZKristi
    AZKristi Posts: 1,801 Member
    Options
    I buy my gym membership and whey powder at Costco. The gym is $350 for 2 years (24 hour fitness - love it) and the protein power is $45 for 6lbs.
  • JustMireMe
    Options
    $200 aud a year & around $100 every 3 - 4 months for protein
  • Miiimii
    Options
    I pay 47 dollar per month for th gym and nothing at all for supplements and fitness stuff. Think I wear the same fitness clothes since six years. Old shirts I don't wea anymore for daily business become my new fitness shirts. ;-) Same with shorts.
    And at the weekend I can take my boyfriend (or anybody else) with me to the gym for free. That's pretty cool.

Do you have a pool or/and a sauna at your gym?
  • drusilla126
    drusilla126 Posts: 478 Member
    Options
    $55 a month (it would have been cheaper if I had originally signed up with the year plan rather than month by month.) For protein when I was going through a tub a month it was about $60 bucks but now I've got a HUGE tub that I got two of for $100 and they're going to last me at least another 4 months.
  • taekwonkenpo
    Options
    We originally joined a very small gym. They have since had three additions and we still get our original rate. Both my wife and I have a gym membership at our local Club 24 for $35 a month. There regular rate is almost double that now for just one person.