What do you pay for your gym?

Options

Replies

• thnksfrthmmrs
    thnksfrthmmrs Posts: 152 Member
    Options
    I used to pay £43 a month for the gym & pool. But i was going once a week, sometimes didnt go at all. I hate gyms,
    There is a gym and a pool where i work, so the manager has said i can use the pool for free and go in the gym when i want to. Which motivates me to go in there as its right next to my shop and i dont have to travel elsewhere after work - i can just walk right in!
  • SwimFan1981
    SwimFan1981 Posts: 1,430 Member
    Options
    Nothing, there is a gym/pool/spa in my apartment block.
  • Violetta86
    Violetta86 Posts: 150 Member
    Options
    I pay $60 per month for my regular gym and then I pay $32 per class for a specialized spin class that I take once a week. I also on ocassion purchase personal training sessions. In my opinion, spending money on fitness is an investment in my health and well being! Very important to my happiness.
  • Ascolti_la_musica
    Ascolti_la_musica Posts: 676 Member
    Options
    We are members of O2 Fitness- and I *strongly* recommend against them. The fee is only $69/month for me and my husband, plus random $40-50 charges whenever they want to 'maintain' the gym.

However, the staff there are horrible if you are not in shape. One of them would actually point me out to other members and laugh at me whenever I got on the treadmill. One time he got on the treadmill next to me and kept looking pointedly between me and the display until I got so uncomfortable, I had to leave. I haven't been in over a month, and will not go back. We are just waiting for our contract to expire, because they will not let us out of it.
  • shammxo
    shammxo Posts: 1,432 Member
    Options
    Groceries are about $25 a week. My gym membership costs $15 a month. (I used to work there... Got a pretty good rate.)
  • CassieReannan
    CassieReannan Posts: 1,479 Member
    Options
    $0 for the gym as I don't go, I have looked into joining but the no frills a month is like 80 dollars (thats just to use the machines, no classes or plans). No thanks.. I work out at home. So far, for everything fitness related (clothes, shoes, equiptment) I would've paid about $300 - $400.
  • SVCat
    SVCat Posts: 1,483 Member
    Options
    $0.00 due to military gym...about $100-$150 a month on protein, vitamins, and other supplements.
  • Dad_of_3
    Dad_of_3 Posts: 517 Member
    Options
    In two weeks, moving to a new building for my job (relocating our department), with a fantastic gym. $0.00 ever!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • cjlorigan
    cjlorigan Posts: 209 Member
    Options
    $49 for a family membership to the YMCA.
  • Ivey05131980
    Ivey05131980 Posts: 1,118 Member
    Options
    YMCA Family plan=$58 a month...I figure this is MUCH cheaper than my used-to-be morning biscuit runs and is something good for me!
  • Flossie1981
    Flossie1981 Posts: 160 Member
    Options
    I pay nothing for the gym, we have one at work and we can use it at lunchtime
  • morningmud
    morningmud Posts: 477 Member
    Options
    $26.95/month with a $35/year "equipment upgrade fee", which I don't mind at all as we got some awesome new equipment last month.
  • Timshel_
    Timshel_ Posts: 22,841 Member
    Options
    $100/year at the college I work at. Really don't need gym access to get good workouts, but I like getting in there once in a while.
  • majica8
    majica8 Posts: 210 Member
    Options
    I don't really. I walk every day, free and I much prefer that than the thought of going to a gym.
    I did buy a Kinect for Xbox and some fitness games, about £90 total, but I've hardly used it so going to sell it. Will probably get most if not all that £90 back.
  • nexangelus
    nexangelus Posts: 2,081 Member
    Options
    £31 per month ($49 equivalent)...that is an olympic sized pool and all exercise classes free (apart from the zumba and dance ones which I don't do in any case) Supplements are about £36 per 2 months ($57 equivalent - I buy the big 5 kg tubs of protein all in one, anabolic, whey or recovery)
  • thebigcb
    thebigcb Posts: 2,210 Member
    Options
    €50 a year.
  • Artemis751
    Artemis751 Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    I pay £50 for an annual membership and then it's £1 per visit (its not really a commercial gym, more blood, sweat and tears).
    I spend £35 per month on whey protein and about £5 on multi vitamins and fish oils.

I have to admit since I cut all the rubbish out of my diet, it costs a little more to eat lots of fresh meat, fish, veg etc but it's worth it to me as I feel so much better.
  • scruffykaz
    scruffykaz Posts: 317 Member
    Options
    £18 a month for everything (classes, pool etc)

I don't use supplements :-)
  • NovemberJune
    NovemberJune Posts: 2,525 Member
    Options
    It's $15 per month for my work gym and it's a great gym.
  • HartJames
    HartJames Posts: 789 Member
    Options
    I used to pay $20 for gym, now My husband son & I pay $40 for the 3 of us. Individually I spend about $25 a month on protein. Will be purchasing some additional equipment soon as we are in the process of adding on a home gym.