What do you pay for your gym?

Options

Replies

• umachanxo
    umachanxo Posts: 926 Member
    Options
    My gym membership is $0 a month because I work out at home. xD

Most of my money goes towards groceries for clean eating, I'd say. Probably around $300 a month.
  • fit4lifeUcan2
    fit4lifeUcan2 Posts: 1,458 Member
    Options
    I was paying $9 a month for maintenance fee. I had been a member for 22 years. When I joined I got the life time membership for $1200 and didn't pay anything at all after that for 2 years then only paid the maintenance fee. I just dropped it but can always pick it back up at that maintenance fee. I think once I'm done school and have time to get to the gym then I'll pick it back up. Right now I just exercise at home, walk and ride my bike.
  • lveh8lve
    lveh8lve Posts: 162 Member
    Options
    I pay $47 a month for my gym (the competition is 25 and 10), but it's so close to my house (walking distance). I don't buy many supplements other then some protein powder. I think I paid $50 for 5lbs and it's lasted me 2 months. And daily multivitamin as well.
  • tndejong
    tndejong Posts: 463
    Options
    i am a member at the ymca. me and my fiance pay 60 a month. this includes a free wellness coach that can customize a workout plan with you. it also has free classes. i am currently doing a spin class and a body pump class. this place is neat. it had basketball courts, racket ball, swimming, etc. i dont have kids. but it has daycare for up to 3 hours a day for your kids. i do my normal grocery shopping. for me and my fiance, is about 60-80 a week. i buy protein bars from aldi. its a discount cheap grocery store. those are $4 a box for 6. i eat those in the mornings when im at the gym. other then that i buy vitamins. i think those are only like $6 a bottle. my fiance will get the protein powders from walmart and think he spends about $15. usually lasts him a while.
  • brunetteavoxgirl
    brunetteavoxgirl Posts: 88 Member
    Options
    $34.99 per month for the year long plan.
    I've personally spent maybe $12 on exercise DVDs. Mostly from ebay, although my mom bought me the $70 zumba dvd set for bad or busy college days.
  • geojeepgirl
    geojeepgirl Posts: 243 Member
    Options
    $30 fo 2 years membership. I work for a hospital and the gym is part of their rehab area. Its not huge but gets the job done. Then if want to take additional classee like zumba or any lee mills classes its 5 each or 25 for unlimited for the month. (I usually go the unlimited route.)
  • makaiya
    makaiya Posts: 80 Member
    Options
    $20/month for the gym and it looks like they're opening one in my town. woohoo!
  • wannabtight
    wannabtight Posts: 187 Member
    Options
    Gym pass is around $35 protein powder $75.
  • Keto_T
    Keto_T Posts: 673 Member
    Options
    Small town local gym with Olympic weights, Nautilus circuit. cardio machines and classes 3 nights a week is $300/ for 12 months with 3 extra months "free." I rarely buy supplements but I get magnesium citrate sometimes for metabolism, vit B mix, and maybe some protein powder once in a blue moon. Maybe $30 every 6 months or so?
  • Xhell_on_heelsX
    Options
    $25/month with a college id. Includes all the classes you want to take (spinning, pilates, yoga, zumba etc) and free tanning = ] Loveeee it
  • n0ob
    n0ob Posts: 2,390 Member
    Options
    279 initiation fee then 10 a month for as long as I stay a member.
  • Spokez70
    Spokez70 Posts: 548 Member
    Options
    I probably have $400 wrapped up in setting up a power cage and olympic weight set in my garage that I picked up between craigslist and play-it-again sports. Aside from that I spend maybe $100 on protein that lasts 4-6 weeks and that's about it.

Money spent on bikes and kayaks I won't go into- lol.
  • billsica
    billsica Posts: 4,741 Member
    Options
    I'm paying about $30 a month for a small gym. Mostly power cages and free weights and outside they have full kegs and tires and crazy stuff like that for when it gets warmer.
    There are other places that are $10/month but they don't let you do dead lifts.
  • delonda1
    delonda1 Posts: 525 Member
    Options
    wellll i work at a gym sooo it is free99 for me. buttt i prob spend around 80 every 3months for supplements...and like 40-50 every 2weeks for food
  • Car0lynnM
    Car0lynnM Posts: 332 Member
    Options
    My husband pays about $60 a month for both of us, and with that we get just about everything they have to offer. All group fitness, racquetball, swimming, tons of extras. We can pay a little extra and get things like towel service and special personal/nutritional training. I've been avoiding the gym due to the January/February rush, but I"ll be back there in about March to use the treadmills and group fitness (Zumba). I also have access to the cardiac rehab center where I work (for a large health system) so I can go there to use machines and participate in group fitness.

I only supplement a little bit with protein shakes, and I buy the Jillian Michael's vanilla cream. It's about 30$ or less for the big tub on Amazon, and it'll last me a couple more months probably. I can drink it plain with almond milk, or add half a scoop to my fruit smoothie.
  • brevislux
    brevislux Posts: 1,093 Member
    Options
    About 440$ a year.
  • Otter1422
    Otter1422 Posts: 162 Member
    Options
    My gym is a 24 hour express gym, $25/month. I paid 2 years upfront worked out to $17/month. I just started buying protein shakes and mix, don't even want to know what that will work out to every month, yikes.
  • Gapwedge01
    Options
    One of the reasons I have not retired yet is my company pays up to $250 of my annual membership. With that discount I pay $20 per month at Anytime Fitness. Most of my spending $ goes toward my cycling : bikes, gear, etc. Like someone said that is still cheaper than medical/pharma cost for health related issues.
  • passmetheducksauce
    passmetheducksauce Posts: 211 Member
    Options
    i go to la fitness and i paid 100 dollars for the entire year.

i go through a 5lb tub of whey protein in two months so i say i spend 25 dollars a month of whey protein powder alone.
  • jerbear1962
    jerbear1962 Posts: 1,157 Member
    Options
    I'm fortunate my work has a Free Gym for us to use. I spend probably 50 a month on supplements.