What do you pay for your gym?

Options

Replies

• ChancyW
    ChancyW Posts: 437 Member
    Options
    I use the military gym on post which is free.

I spend about $100 a month on shakes, more if you add in supplements.

I also buy fitness programs about every 6 months for $100-200
  • fara180
    fara180 Posts: 1,260 Member
    Options
    I paid $350 for a 6 month membership along with weekly coaching and meal plans.
  • dford5
    dford5 Posts: 92 Member
    Options
    I go to Planet Fitness and it's $10.90 a month. I order BSN Lean Protein from Amazon, once every 2 months and it's $25.
  • MeDoula
    MeDoula Posts: 233 Member
    Options
    We pay $58 for a family membership at the YMCA. Includes childcare
  • rduhlir
    rduhlir Posts: 3,550 Member
    Options
    $30 a month for both my husband and I.
  • MrsSardone
    MrsSardone Posts: 194 Member
    Options
    $38/mo plus $10 extra for daycare. That includes all access to the Gold's gyms and all classes.
  • kimosabe1
    kimosabe1 Posts: 2,467 Member
    Options
    $20 a month.......
  • Sabine_Stroehm
    Sabine_Stroehm Posts: 19,263 Member
    Options
    Gym at work with the good weights but bad hours: free
    Planet Fitness with the good hours and bad weights: $10

I am alternating. Using PF for cold weather treadmill runs at 6am, and the work gym at noon for weights.
    Til it warms up.
  • taso42
    taso42 Posts: 8,980 Member
    Options
    $0/month working out in my home gym.
    It was somewhere around $3-4k to outfit it.
    Perhaps around the same price as a decent gym membership when amortized over time, but with more freedom and less bs.
  • keenesmom
    keenesmom Posts: 115 Member
    Options
    I belong to Koko Fit Club (LOVE it!) and I paid for a year's membership up front (they have monthly plans too). I paid around $600. I think if you pay monthly it's $69 with a contract or $99 without a contract. It is a 24-hour access gym. As for food, I just buy normal food. No shakes, no bars, etc.
  • smantha32
    smantha32 Posts: 6,990 Member
    Options
    about 20 a month.
  • saraxx16
    saraxx16 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    my university is 60 dollars for 8 months :) and they have a lot of equipment
    i love it because i used to pay 40 a month at home
  • AlsDonkBoxSquat
    AlsDonkBoxSquat Posts: 6,128 Member
    Options
    I work as a group fit instructor, so I get unlimited access to both of the gyms I'm on payroll for free. Also, I just found out last week, I may be able to use some of the other locations for one of them.
  • Iceman420
    Options
    I live in a small city, so I only pay $28/month for the gym itself. But I also pay $200/month for a fitness trainer. So it's $228 in total.
  • carrietehbear
    carrietehbear Posts: 384 Member
    Options
    Monthly Costs
    Gym membership- $19.95
    Personal Training- $120
    Protein- $20 (this gets calculated in my monthly food budget)

The personal training will probably be cut out after the summer. I'd loved to keep it but I might have to allot that money to other things.
  • KevDaniel
    KevDaniel Posts: 449 Member
    Options
    $26 a month for all 4 of us!! Love the Kroc Center!
  • Shellsmiley
    Shellsmiley Posts: 323 Member
    Options
    The cost of my gym membership for 2 years was $60 a month, and because I am no longer participating in classes due to home DVD workouts, I only pay $48 for full access to gym, sauna, and steam room plus massage chairs and tanning booth (although I never tan).

My protein powder lasts a long time so once every 3 months I pay $29.99 for a big container.

As for workout DVD's, TurboFire was given to me ($90 value) and while I was working at a store that sold all of the workout DVD's and such, I paid only $20 for the original ZUMBA dvd kit (original was $100) but someone had wanted to return it (we don't return dvd's) and they were putting up a huge fight so HQ gave the okay to return it. After that I was told to put it on the "right-off" list (in otherwords they throw it out) and I said I'd buy it for $20 so they said sure. Then I purchased 2 Biggest Loser workout DVD's for $10 together at a dollar store and then a friend gave me 2 more Biggest Loser DVD's.

SO I don't spend much compared to some places. Plus I have a free membership for 52 visits to any rec centre in town!!
  • AislinnKitten
    AislinnKitten Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    At the gym I just started at there's two different options $ 39.00 a month with nothing down or $60.00 down and only pay $32.00 a month saving $24.00 a year.
  • jenilla1
    jenilla1 Posts: 11,118 Member
    Options
    My husband and I both go for $26 a month total, but there's no pool or classes or anything - it's just the basics. Trainers will help you with equipment or questions and even taking your measurements, etc. but you gotta pay extra if you want one-on-one training. We use our gym a lot so it really is worth the money. On weekends I'm running up in the hills, though. :flowerforyou:

Edited for typo.
  • DivaMoe40
    DivaMoe40 Posts: 159 Member
    Options
    How much costs your gym per month and how much money do you generally spend for your fitness (protein shakes, dvds, etc.)?

I pay $60 per month. I spend $20 on my protein powder that I use in my homemade breakfast shakes and a tub of the powder lasts me about 2 months. I don't buy fitness dvd's because if I am already paying for a gym, I am going to utilize it to the fullest. I go to classes and I talk to the employees there to get info and instruction on using the machines.