The teeny tiny little successes

Options

Replies

• cbnorris
    cbnorris Posts: 204 Member
    Options
    I walked away from doughnuts at work today! I didn;t even look at them!
  • Sunsh1ne
    Sunsh1ne Posts: 879 Member
    Options
    I started my day with a two mile walk.
  • aippolito1
    aippolito1 Posts: 4,894 Member
    Options
    I have a couple. :blushing:

The girl who teaches the Turbo Kick class I teach...the other day she told me she could tell a difference in my body from the time I started coming to the gym. :happy:

This morning I fit into (and am ROCKING!!!) a pair of shorts that were too tight last summer, when I was 12 lbs. lighter!!!!! :happy:

A pair of pj pants that a month ago were skin tight... are now LOOSE. I wore them to bed the other night and woke up to them twisted!!
  • SquidInTraining
    Options
    I baked a delicious, moist, fluffy yellow cake with fudge icing and sent it off with hubby to work instead of keeping it and scarfing it myself. (I did make 6 smaller, more food budget friendly cupcakes to keep, however.. :blushing: I love baked goods more than I'd care to admit... I have managed to not go overboard on those, though)
  • VictorianJade
    VictorianJade Posts: 705 Member
    Options
    I'm down 14 lbs since March 10th.

I was supposed to see my bariatric surgeon on April 8th, but just couldn't face him, at that time, as I was still so heavy. Now, let's not be unrealistic- I'm STILL heavy, but I know that when I go see him on June 22nd, I'll be lower than the last time he weighed me.

I'm keeping all of my weigh-in slips (I go to the pharmacy and use their scale that measures weight, BMI, water percentage, fat percentage, etc), with dates, so that I can show him my progress, when I get to him.

Another little success-

I'm having a meatball panini for lunch today. The thing is 660 calories. I don't know if I'll be able to eat more than half of it... and I feel totally okay if I don't! And I'm looking forward to this sandwhich... but it feels different than other times I've eaten it... other times, I felt like I was eating it, knowing it was bad for me, and not caring, because I felt helpless. Today, I plugged it into my tracker to see if I could do it, before deciding on it. It's something that I'm thoroughly going to enjoy, and it still fits within my calorie/fat intake for the day. That makes me feel really good.
  • anla0866
    anla0866 Posts: 3
    Options
    I have passed up junk food forever now it seems! Okay, only 6 weeks really but last night passed up on brownies and asked they if they had any carrots instead and had cauliflower, carrots and water :happy:
  • VictorianJade
    Options
    I have passed up junk food forever now it seems! Okay, only 6 weeks really but last night passed up on brownies and asked they if they had any carrots instead and had cauliflower, carrots and water :happy:

That's impressive. I have a wicked sweet tooth, so I need to satisfy the sweet craving somehow. I've discovered Special K Fruit Crisps, and Breyers 100 Calorie Icecream Sammiches. 100cals each, per serving.
  • lovelypen50
    lovelypen50 Posts: 192 Member
    Options
    I ran past the Payday Bar that was calling me by name. I said no was:noway: will I eat you. That's what I called a teeny tiny but major success.
  • angelwings2000
    angelwings2000 Posts: 357 Member
    Options
    My guy was craving one of the blizzards that DAiry Queen had on sale. HE took the little girl we watch in the evenings and asked if I wanted him to wait for me to get home from work. I told him that no, I would prefer to fix a healthy meal at home. He was just going to get a snack. Needless to say, he gave in to temptation and ate a blizzard along with a chicken strip basket that packs over 1000 calories! I felt really good eating my low cal supper. I felt even better when my 21 year old son made a comment thinking my guy was crazy choosing DQ over the yummy Italian food we had at home.
  • VictorianJade
    Options
    wtg, you two!

I'd like to report that I ate only half of the evil yummy fabu meatball sandwich. I wrapped up the other half and put it away to give to my husband tonight.
  • healthycat31
    Options
    This is a great thread ! Congrats on the new control & the tiny successes :)
  • VictorianJade
    Options
    I took the stairs to the loo today, instead of the elevator.

Four floors.
  • NicoleL83
    NicoleL83 Posts: 68 Member
    Options
    For the last 3 weeks I have eaten breakfast at home-One week homemade smoothies, one week hard bioled egg and toast and one week multi-grain cheerios. Before this I was eating the egg, bacon, cheese english muffins at work. So delicious but not very helpful in losing my tummy!!! Everyone's success little or big are inspiring
  • VictorianJade
    Options
    For the last 3 weeks I have eaten breakfast at home-One week homemade smoothies, one week hard bioled egg and toast and one week multi-grain cheerios. Before this I was eating the egg, bacon, cheese english muffins at work. So delicious but not very helpful in losing my tummy!!! Everyone's success little or big are inspiring

Well done! I agree- eating breakfast at home is completely helpful!
  • Shinemaria
    Shinemaria Posts: 107 Member
    Options
    Haha I like this thread! Tonight I walked straight to the back of the cafeteria (i'm in college and we don't even know what goes into the food) and sat down right next to the salad bar, had a salad and some corn (YUM) and treated myself to a little bowl of pudding afterwards. Not a huge deal for most people, but I'm pretty sure this is the first time this entire school year I've approached the salad bar. I'm also trying to tone down the pop-drinking, so I had a good 40 oz. of water with my dinner instead of the Diet Dr. Pepper I so adore! (I know it's "diet" but it's still not great for me to be drinking, and it takes the place of my water which I can't afford to give up)
  • better_days_ahead
    better_days_ahead Posts: 69 Member
    Options
    I'm fairly new to MFP (and already checking in with this account more than FB) but today I was sooooo hungry while out and about. I chose to purchase 1/2 cup of grapes with a few pieces of cheese (55 calories) -go me!- instead of something chocolate. My mouth usually starts watering even mentioning THAT word! But my 1/2 cup of grapes n cheese- Delicious!
  • biddysaurus
    biddysaurus Posts: 160 Member
    Options
    I had 2 tootsie rolls instead of 10. Or 30.

LOL! That's so me! I have a terrible sweet tooth too! Way to go on having just 2. :)
  • Jems916
    Jems916 Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    I'm new to MFP but I noticed last night that I could get my pants off without undoing them... I was thrilled!
  • caseykm
    caseykm Posts: 37
    Options
    I had a tiny success today...a coworker asked if I was losing weight...I've only lost 3lbs so it probably isn't noticeable but something must be different! It's the small things that count right? :)
  • cassylex004
    Options
    I replaced my Diet Mt Dew with water and Crystal Light...and I love Diet Mt. Dew!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!