Starvation mode is not a myth - WARNING!!!

Options

Replies

• Maidofmer
    Maidofmer Posts: 908 Member
    Options
    CutestFood_com_barbells_blog21.jpg

win!
  • geebusuk
    geebusuk Posts: 3,348 Member
    Options
    I kept a pack of 4 cooked 'skinny lizzy'* sausages next to the squat rack last time just in case.
    Made sure I munched them down the second I finished to get in the right 'window'.

I'd already eaten the other two of the six pack before hand to ensure I was fully sorted.

Better safe than sorry, I say... some people reckon it's just a myth... but how many have thought that then actually died? They're not around to say "I'm sorry, I was wrong" if that's the case!

'True story' - though my 'gym' is at my work unit and no one else was around.

I almost ate one after doing deadlifts. Then thought, "oh, still got pull ups and don't want extra weight!". Then I added a 6kg dumbbell between my knees for the pullups.

Bit silly, me.

* Don't want to be putting fat on, now!
  • Gallowmere1984
    Gallowmere1984 Posts: 6,626 Member
    Options
    That's why they set this up:

Krispycreme_zpsf537d8c4.jpg

There was something like this set up in our gym a little while back, but it was Chick-Fil-A. The only people hitting it up were the rather muscular guys, and the...more than slightly out of shape. Everyone on a treadmill was looking at them as if they were handing out free plague.
  • Maidofmer
    Options

that just seems cruel. but I get the reasoning
  • cmriverside
    cmriverside Posts: 33,997 Member
    Options
    I'm going to find a way to use "tucking in" every day from now on.
  • LiftAllThePizzas
    LiftAllThePizzas Posts: 17,857 Member
    Options
    Starvation mode is easy to avoid. When you see your health bar get down to 1/3rd and it starts blinking go step on a medkit (the white box with the red + on it) and it'll restore 25 health points. They respawn every 30 seconds so you can just keep doing that to keep your health high enough to stay out of starvation mode.
  • juliekaiser1988
    juliekaiser1988 Posts: 604 Member
    Options
    Well, I don't know about all this fluff, but I will say, since drinking a protein shake at home after a lift day, I don't have the soreness I used to have.

Plus by that time I'm running late to work, so drinking and getting ready for work is about all I have time for... until the next feed about 2-3 hours later :)
  • mmddwechanged
    mmddwechanged Posts: 1,688 Member
    Options
    Starvation mode is easy to avoid. When you see your health bar get down to 1/3rd and it starts blinking go step on a medkit (the white box with the red + on it) and it'll restore 25 health points. They respawn every 30 seconds so you can just keep doing that to keep your health high enough to stay out of starvation mode.

Love this. <3
  • ILiftHeavyAcrylics
    ILiftHeavyAcrylics Posts: 27,732 Member
    Options
    Yes I think you are a great fit with my friends' list. :flowerforyou:
  • Crankstr
    Crankstr Posts: 3,958 Member
    Options

There was something like this set up in our gym a little while back, but it was Chick-Fil-A. The only people hitting it up were the rather muscular guys, and the...more than slightly out of shape. Everyone on a treadmill was looking at them as if they were handing out free plague.

I want.
  • Hendrix7
    Hendrix7 Posts: 1,903 Member
    Options
    Didn't read

Too busy eating my 27th small meal of the day.
  • KBSwinger
    KBSwinger Posts: 160 Member
    Options

YAY!
  • alanlmarshall
    alanlmarshall Posts: 587 Member
    Options
    Wait, should I believe this? Where did you get your degree in bro science?
  • Debbe2
    Debbe2 Posts: 2,071 Member
    Options
    Lol
  • KBSwinger
    KBSwinger Posts: 160 Member
    Options
    672q7n.jpg

During cardio nutrition is key!
  • twinketta
    twinketta Posts: 2,130 Member
    Options
    This is not a myth this is a true story..hubby did Iron Man, Lanzarote and through the course there were tables set up and kids handing out half bananas, all black and gunky.. so if you are in a gym and you got the whole Chick-Fil-A stall going on then tuck in :laugh:
  • Maidofmer
    Options
    672q7n.jpg

During cardio nutrition is key!
    awesome
  • Songbird1104
    Songbird1104 Posts: 210 Member
    Options

^ Win. It's like pizza at Planet Fitness.
  • GetHotIn2014
    GetHotIn2014 Posts: 201 Member
    Options
    You guys have ALL made my day. I LOVE YA! *Lots of LOL*
  • feast4thebeast
    feast4thebeast Posts: 210 Member
    Options
    <<<<<< check my photo