Starvation mode is not a myth - WARNING!!!

Options

Replies

• chubbygirl253
    chubbygirl253 Posts: 1,309 Member
    Options
    Oh.my.word. this sounds awful! For high intensity workouts should I pre-order a pizza and have it delivered in the middle of class so I can finish strong? Maybe start keeping cupcakes in the car for post-workout? Thanks to bringing this to my attention!
  • GetHotIn2014
    GetHotIn2014 Posts: 201 Member
    Options
    That's why they set this up:

Krispycreme_zpsf537d8c4.jpg

"Here, now that you burned 600 calories, have a couple thousand back!"
  • monikalama
    monikalama Posts: 75 Member
    Options
    I hear they are trialling a needle bar in some places. When you feel yourself waning, you just pop over and they fill you up. They are being sensible and keeping it away from the food bar though...Food Hygiene reasons :)
    [/quote]

i was drinking water and almost chocked mannn .... waaayyyy toooo funnnyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy...................
    XD
  • CristinaL1983
    CristinaL1983 Posts: 1,119 Member
    Options
    Love this. I just put my plate on my knees when I'm doing sit ups and at the top, I make sure to get a full bite wouldn't want to starve in the middle of a set!!
  • Micahroni84
    Micahroni84 Posts: 452 Member
    Options
    :-) im ok, theres a KFC next to my gym :-)
    Seems like there's always a fast food place next to a gym. They must be the culprits who started the starvation mode theory.

Below mine there is a place called Tako Sushi. Yes it makes tacos and sushi and is totally delicious. The smell after my workout is so tempting.
  • feast4thebeast
    feast4thebeast Posts: 210 Member
    Options
    Yes I think you are a great fit with my friends' list. :flowerforyou:

:) awesomeness
  • greasygriddle
    greasygriddle Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    672q7n.jpg

During cardio nutrition is key!

this is so f*cking full of win!!! :drinker:
  • Warchortle
    Warchortle Posts: 2,197 Member
    Options
    Tupac isn't dead. It's Illuminati.
  • harric88
    harric88 Posts: 82 Member
    Options
    Truth - I used to go to Mc D's for lunch with the girls on our "lunch break" on gym saturdays - don't feel so bad now :)
  • denitraross
    denitraross Posts: 326 Member
    Options
    LOVE
    IT!!!
  • apriltrainer
    apriltrainer Posts: 732 Member
    Options
    LOL!!! LOVE IT!

I am going to bring a steak dinner to the gym next time...

;)
  • TrailRunner61
    TrailRunner61 Posts: 2,505 Member
    Options
    We have a local gym that serves free pizza on Tuesdays. It keeps the customers coming back and keeps them ALIVE...to work it off, to eat more, to work it off, yummmm. Now I want pizza..too bad MY gym doesn't have it. :(
  • jstout365
    jstout365 Posts: 1,686 Member
    Options
    :-) im ok, theres a KFC next to my gym :-)

There is a DQ across the street from mine. Reeses PB Cup Blizzard pre-workout, 2 chili cheese hot dogs for mid-workout, and then an ice cream cake post workout. Got the carbs and protein necessary to not die.
  • FluroFaye
    Options
    I think I'll stick two giant turkey legs on the chest press. Each time I bring the weights back, I can take a bite.

Steak on a rope on the treadmill, perhaps?
  • apriltrainer
    apriltrainer Posts: 732 Member
    Options
    That's why they set this up:

Krispycreme_zpsf537d8c4.jpg
    that just seems cruel. but I get the reasoning

I want to go to this gym...lol! Actually when I was ignorant and didn't know better..I did go to a gym that offered pizza nights. Thank goodness I discovered LEANGAINS! And I have yet to die of starvation...
  • KBSwinger
    KBSwinger Posts: 160 Member
    Options
    I also have not eaten for 18 hours and I did my workout fasted this morning!
  • made2wonder
    made2wonder Posts: 69 Member
    Options
    What about insulin?

I hear they are trialling a needle bar in some places. When you feel yourself waning, you just pop over and they fill you up. They are being sensible and keeping it away from the food bar though...Food Hygiene reasons :)

That's hilarious, cheshire.
  • StinkyWinkies
    StinkyWinkies Posts: 603 Member
    Options
    :laugh:
  • meshashesha2012
    meshashesha2012 Posts: 8,326 Member
    Options
    i've always thought jamaican beef patties were perfectly packaged for eating at the gym

imgp0150-4-jamaican-patty-closeup.jpg
  • KBSwinger
    KBSwinger Posts: 160 Member
    Options
    This just in from Spark People

what_to_eat_after_work_out.jpg