Starvation mode is not a myth - WARNING!!!

Options

Replies

• lucy529
    lucy529 Posts: 127 Member
    Options
    Just the pick me up I needed today thanks guys :)
  • Sarauk2sf
    Sarauk2sf Posts: 28,072 Member
    Options
    672q7n.jpg

During cardio nutrition is key!

And what exactly is the problem there? Apart from the fact that I didn't think of doing it!
  • chatogal
    chatogal Posts: 436 Member
    Options
    Can I just miss out the workout and go straight to the cool down and cake?
    I love this....made me laff out loud!!
  • squashyhelen
    squashyhelen Posts: 143 Member
    Options
    Hey, last time I had to eat at my gym, I got told to stop eating by the staff who worked there! I was legitimately feeling lightheaded after a busy workday, followed by a gruelling hour and twenty long workout (didn't have time to eat lunch that day). :( Thus had to dig into a wrap in the locker room. Gyms should allow people to eat!!
  • Alohathin
    Alohathin Posts: 360 Member
    Options
    I usually just bring my hibachi grill and cook up some ribs while I'm doing my first couple sets. When I first started, I had to eat them while still on the rare side, but now I can make it all the way up to medium-well.
  • GetHotIn2014
    GetHotIn2014 Posts: 201 Member
    Options
    I also have not eaten for 18 hours and I did my workout fasted this morning!

WHY AREN'T YOU DEAD YET?! YOU MUST BE IMMORTAL!!!!!
  • KBSwinger
    KBSwinger Posts: 160 Member
    Options
    672q7n.jpg

And what exactly is the problem there? Apart from the fact that I didn't think of doing it!

I do this often with green tea or coffee! I say go for it! I actually did this once drinking whey during my dumb years of trying broscience out lol
  • Oishii
    Oishii Posts: 2,675 Member
    Options
    672q7n.jpg

I wondered when you'd notice :laugh:
  • LiftAllThePizzas
    LiftAllThePizzas Posts: 17,857 Member
    Options
    I usually just bring my hibachi grill and cook up some ribs while I'm doing my first couple sets. When I first started, I had to eat them while still on the rare side, but now I can make it all the way up to medium-well.

Luxury! Try eating a chili dog while swimming!
  • KBSwinger
    KBSwinger Posts: 160 Member
    Options
    This is how to get your protein... Who needs BCAA's during workout anyways when you can have steak!

Weighted-Cutlery-300x225.jpg
  • WendyTerry420
    WendyTerry420 Posts: 13,274 Member
    Options
    That's why they set this up:

Krispycreme_zpsf537d8c4.jpg

"Here, now that you burned 600 calories, have a couple thousand back!"

A couple thousand? WOW! You can pack away some donuts. The most I can do in one sitting is three donuts. Or a long john and two donuts. Or two long johns. (without filling) Or one and half filled long johns.

ETA: So long as they aren't Krispy Kreme. I can't get more than bite of those nasty fkrs down.
  • geebusuk
    geebusuk Posts: 3,348 Member
    Options
    A couple thousand? WOW! You can pack away some donuts. The most I can do in one sitting is three donuts. Or a long john and two donuts. Or two long johns. (without filling) Or one and half filled long johns. Or.....
    I admit, I'm a bit of a natural; but it sounds like you really need to get to the gym and make an effort!

I could (and pretty much have when a friend bought two boxes and there weren't actually many of us) polish off a whole 12 box in one sitting.
  • geebusuk
    geebusuk Posts: 3,348 Member
    Options
    Also, in the UK these are Long John's
    airtech-long-johns-EBAY.gif

I wouldn't like to consider what a 'filled' long john would be!
  • GetHotIn2014
    Options
    A couple thousand? WOW! You can pack away some donuts. The most I can do in one sitting is three donuts. Or a long john and two donuts. Or two long johns. (without filling) Or one and half filled long johns. Or.....
    I admit, I'm a bit of a natural; but it sounds like you really need to get to the gym and make an effort!

I could (and pretty much have when a friend bought two boxes and there weren't actually many of us) polish off a whole 12 box in one sitting.

Yeah, I definitely could eat a dozen easily when binging was my habit. =P
  • GetHotIn2014
    Options

Hey, that's what I thought they were too, and I'm not in the UK!
  • WendyTerry420
    Options

No kidding! I feel like I could never reach that goal. But with God's help, I'll do my best! :flowerforyou:
  • WendyTerry420
    Options
    airtech-long-johns-EBAY.gif

Too funny!

I was thinking of this:

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQoMnwJiPAHyPFu677jxFK28wyFjOqkjWjy2ZUcOzkSorQ1oRcdbQ
  • WendyTerry420
    Options

Hey, that's what I thought they were too, and I'm not in the UK!

In all seriousness, the fat content in donuts prevents me from eating more than a few at a time. When I have binged in the past, it's mostly been on candy. I can eat more candy than any human ought to be able to eat. (Or at least I could. I haven't tested it out lately/)
  • Cptrob
    Cptrob Posts: 80 Member
    Options
    has everyone had their 10 meals today?? if you haven't well.. you are losing out on valuable growth.
  • Cptrob
    Cptrob Posts: 80 Member
    Options
    I also have not eaten for 18 hours and I did my workout fasted this morning!

WHY AREN'T YOU DEAD YET?! YOU MUST BE IMMORTAL!!!!!

This person and I take the same supplement.

I fast for 18 hours worked out on empty this morning.. took a nap. and luckily was able to wake up alive and then eat. TY JESUS