Replies

• trudijoy
    trudijoy Posts: 1,685 Member
    Options
    come to that...what do boobs WEIGH?
  • jadedone
    jadedone Posts: 2,449 Member
    Options
    Well with my loss, I went from around a 36G/38F to 34H/32HH. I have basically only lost in the band. With some slight fluctuations (my band seems to fluctuate a bit), and I am noticing more hormonal cup changes than before. I haven't lost volume. (For reference, my body shape is a little grey...more like a busty pear than anything else. Not really hourglass, my shoulders/bust are smaller than my hips, I do also carry extra weight in my lower belly)

I have bought some bras along the way, and the sizing is seriously all over the map, depending on the brand. My current rotation has a 32J, a couple of 32HH, and 34H. I even got a 36 (during an up period) in one of those tight fitting brands.

I was hoping to lose a few cups, but it doesn't seem to be trending that way at all. :(
  • SarahCW1979
    SarahCW1979 Posts: 572 Member
    Options
    Mine refuse to go anywhere :grumble: When I get to goal weight they look massive at 32C but when Im heavier at 36C they look proportional. Cant have everything I guess! I went up to a G cup when I was pregnant, that was NOT fun!
  • jadedone
    jadedone Posts: 2,449 Member
    Options
    Still waiting for my breast to go down, thats why I want to lose another 20lbs just to see if my breast go down am 150 lbs and 36ddd.Everyone tells me I dont need to lose anymore but my back and shoulders hurt because of breast.

I bet you are wearing the wrong size bra. You probably need to go down to at least a 32 and up a couple of cups! Try and get fitted somewhere like Nordstrom or an independent boutique. Lots of people who experience back pain find it goes away completely with a proper fitting bra.

As an FYI, at my heaviest (250) most 38 bands were too big for me! And obviously you are a lot smaller than my current weight....and I am in mostly 34s. Send me a note, and I can give you tips on how to measure!. Getting properly fitted was such a game changer for me. I wish it would have happened when I was younger!

PS the same is true for everyone else. Odds are, if you are wearing a medium top and buy 34DDs (or higher), your band is too big.
  • osualex
    osualex Posts: 409 Member
    Options
    Haven't really lost boobs, but I've gone down band sizes. I've always had a small ribcage so this just makes it harder to find bras. :sad:

That being said not everyone keeps or loses boobs in the same way. If your breasts are mostly fat, they will go down as you lose fat, but if they are mostly tissue (like mine) you're stuck with them...
  • szonjakun
    szonjakun Posts: 94 Member
    Options
    Mine are gone. Not that I had too much to begin with,:cry:
  • Janie_May
    Janie_May Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    I'm not worried about mine getting smaller, but I'm worried they will look weird. I have heard in the past that if you lose a lot of weight your breasts can end up looking "empty". Anyone else heard of this?

You have the advantage of being only 23, so I think your skin will be much more forgiving and "elastic" as you shrink!
    Those of us who are considerably older may not be so lucky...:frown: Having bras that fit well makes a big difference regardless of your size--I recommend getting fitted at a store that offers the service.
  • tabbyavalon
    Options
    so far ive lost 10pounds an im pretty sure 90% of that weight was my boobs :( unfortunately i've never had big boobs so massive bummer for me!
  • charliehefferon
    charliehefferon Posts: 223 Member
    Options
    Having lost 28 pounds over 13 months, my boobs went from a 34E to a 32C.

I miss my boobs!!! They are definitely "Empty"... But, if it was a toss up between having big boobs or a flat stomach, I'd stick with my flat stomach!! Haha!! Just have to invest in decent push up bra's for now!
  • hww51
    hww51 Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    Treat yourself when you hit your goal weight by going to a bra salon where they will fit you properly and buy a smashing new bra. Yes, you will lose everywhere but just think about how sexy you will look in that new bra!!
  • ClairBears84
    ClairBears84 Posts: 531 Member
    Options
    I'm not worried about mine getting smaller, but I'm worried they will look weird. I have heard in the past that if you lose a lot of weight your breasts can end up looking "empty". Anyone else heard of this?

I have seen this, but she didnt train only on diet / some injection crap and she lost her weight real quick
  • atb0821
    atb0821 Posts: 458 Member
    Options
    After I lost 70-something pounds yeah, boobs looked like deflated balloons. But for me weighing 118 pounds instead of 190-ish was worth it. But I think mine was a worst case scenario!
  • JamieG8991
    JamieG8991 Posts: 1,203 Member
    Options
    At my heaviest weight, I was wearing a 40 D, now I am wearing a 38 D. Yes, they sag, but they kinda always have. :grumble: All I can say is thank God for push up bras!!! :bigsmile:
  • blueboxblues
    blueboxblues Posts: 73 Member
    Options
    I lost a cup size or two when I lost 20 pounds, and my big-boobedness is genetic. I agree with people saying to go to a lingerie store and get fitted. VS doesn't count because they will try to fit you into the sizes they carry! A lot of women are wearing the wrong bra size and don't even know! I'm a 32 back and my cup size is bigger than D, yeah I have to pay $50+ for a bra, but it is so worth the extra money. If they look saggy from the weight loss, you won't even notice with a good-fitting bra!
  • ambersmom2
    Options
    lol. that's what went first on me .my whole top got smaller than the rest,i still have a lot of weight to lose.my mom picks on me because she says where did your boobs go .i mean they need to be lifted some, so i am also figuring out how they wont sag .but now i know you have to work your upper body build muscle .but anyhow i am still trying to lose weight and get everything even .
  • AshS1050
    AshS1050 Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    it's like this question popped out of my head and onto this forum! lol

bump!
  • kdz526
    kdz526 Posts: 210 Member
    Options
    34lbs down an my boobs have not changed much. I am a comfy 36C. I however am very pear shaped, so the majority of my fat is stored in my butt, not my boobs. I think back to highschool and my boobs were a 36B back then, so I may lose some, but not much more by the time i get the next 34lbs lost.
  • miss_rye_
    miss_rye_ Posts: 94 Member
    Options
    When I get in shape, my breast actually lift up!! I have some damage after nursing my son, but I know that they will perk up some as I build the pec muscles under. I have lost some inches in my chest in the past, but it was my back fat that was going, not my actual bust line.
  • rjobel
    rjobel Posts: 16
    Options
    And for what it's worth I've mostly lost my man boobs!

Awesome!!! :D
  • dirtybadgermtb
    dirtybadgermtb Posts: 140 Member
    Options
    And for what it's worth I've mostly lost my man boobs!

Yes, the moobs are now a thing of the past for me as well.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!