What about your boobs?

Options

Replies

• clchapa1
    Options
    After I had my second kid I decided to finally do something about my weight. I went from 190lbs to 128lbs (in about a year and a half-not very extreme). My breasts looked very much like deflated balloons and BECAUSE I did alot of strength training I built up my pectorals and ended up having a scooped out kind of look between the muscle and breast that was left. (Went from a 38D to 34B) It's actually very common in the lifting world, and one of the reasons many competitors end up getting implants...I call them my mudflaps.
  • fervc6064
    Options
    Hmmm....no pictures on this thread :huh:
  • nmf062174
    nmf062174 Posts: 171 Member
    Options
    I lost in my chest first...
  • JackiePenner
    JackiePenner Posts: 74 Member
    Options
    Ya, I lost 50 lbs after my second kid. Went from a C cup to a F (while nursing) and then after weight loss, went back to my C. Unfortunately after nursing 2 kids and all the weight, the girls moved from the penthouse to the second floor! Still fantastic, but not as perky.:(
  • antitek
    antitek Posts: 121 Member
    Options
    I'm interested in seeing responses from women who lift, as I've heard it's a different story.

I used to lift heavy weights when I was younger and had boobs. That is different than being a Body Builder though. Body Builders tend not to have boobs simply because the muscle definition they are working for requires extremely low body fat. Boobs are mainly fat so logically they go away. In all things there are exceptions, I speak of generalities. I do not feel it is unfair to say many of those with boobs simply have them to enhance the look they are going for. They work hard and earn it.

Female Body Builder pic http://www.bodybuilding.com/fun/billdobbins10a.jpg
    Female Weight Lifter pic (332 lbs) http://s1.reutersmedia.net/resources/r/?m=02&d=20120805&t=2&i=638710192&w=460&fh=&fw=&ll=&pl=&r=CBRE874184100
  • JennKie1
    JennKie1 Posts: 200 Member
    Options
    I was up to a 36 F. Nothing but expensive, ugly, grandma-type bras in that size. :ohwell: I've lost 30 # and I am now a 34DD. I don't expect them to get much smaller because even when I was really, really thin I was still always at least a D (and that's about 20# smaller than I plan on being this time around). I'm happy with that. At least I can find something decent in that size. I think that a good bra will do wonders no matter how they look. Mine are certainly not perfect anymore, but I'm not 20 anymore either.
  • cmm7303
    cmm7303 Posts: 423 Member
    Options
    I'm not worried about mine getting smaller, but I'm worried they will look weird. I have heard in the past that if you lose a lot of weight your breasts can end up looking "empty". Anyone else heard of this?

Mine do look a little deflated. It happens. :)
  • Rockstar_JILL
    Rockstar_JILL Posts: 514 Member
    Options
    deflated is the word.....eeek....
  • amd027
    amd027 Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    Have to say thanks for this question and all the comments! I cannot believe myself when I see a picture and really look forward to not being soooo top heavy.... Ugh!
  • avalentineb
    avalentineb Posts: 58 Member
    Options
    Oh god its saggy tit city over here! Before getting pregnant I was a 42DDD now Im a 38D and Im still breast feeding. Im afraid once he stops nursing they will get even smaller! Who wants some pancakes!?! :noway:
  • TravelDog14
    TravelDog14 Posts: 317 Member
    Options
    I'm down to a 38 B from a 40 D and I'm ecstatic about it.

Hated looking so top heavy and now I feel at peace with my boobs, they're where they should be size-wise.

All hail the shrinkage!
  • aakokopelli7
    aakokopelli7 Posts: 196 Member
    Options
    Yes, yes and yes! I am pretty sure that I have only lost in my boobs so far. Say goodbye to your E's!
  • amandapye78
    amandapye78 Posts: 820 Member
    Options
    Mine have not gone down although like you I was hoping they would. My band size went down but cup size did not. Finding 34DDD is not easy BTW.
  • quietasariot
    quietasariot Posts: 198 Member
    Options
    I was a 38D at my biggest and I miss my big boobs!
    On the other hand I think I would look ridiculous with bigger ones. Anyway, yeah, they changed a lot. I have also had two children. But, all things considered, two children, breastfeeding, losing a lot of weight - they are still pretty perky :).
    I'm a 34B now :o
  • nastycivilian
    nastycivilian Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    I no longer have boobs. It's sad, but, I'd rather be fit & thin with no boobs than be fat with boobs. The only way I could have boobs was when I was fat & then I had decent sized girls. Now.. I'm almost at my goal weight & the girls have left the building. Le Sigh.. ;)
  • squigglypuff
    squigglypuff Posts: 279 Member
    Options
    I went from wearing 36DD (somewhat difficult to find) at 148lbs to 32DDD (IMPOSSIBLE to find) at 122lbs. They're still pretty big but now they mostly stick out in front of me, whereas before they kind of stuck out in front, on the sides, and dominated my upper body. I try to incorporate chest flies and other similar activities to keep the flesh beneath my breasts firm and lifted. they do look a bit "deflated" as other ladies have mentioned, but before I lost weight they looked kind of "overstuffed" and strangers used to ask me about "my procedure" and "my surgeon" because they thought I had fake tits! Even at 97lbs in high school I was still a D-cup so I'm pretty sure I'll always be busty, no matter how much weight I lose.
  • lindafjohnson
    Options
    I started out at 230 lbs and a 44 ddd bra and am only 5'2. I have always been top heavy even as a teenager. At my smallest which was about 125 i was wearing a 36d bra. I have now lost 44 lbs and am wearing 42 dd. I think it just depends on the person. I have seen some lost all their boobs as well as their weight and some lose weight and keep alot of boobs. Unfortunately sagging happens and it happened to me and even when i get down to my goal they will still sag. As far back as I can remember I don't think mine was ever perky LOL
  • mcflat29
    mcflat29 Posts: 2,159 Member
    Options
    I had huge boobs, the weight was curving my spine and causing deformity and pain. So, I had the doctor chop them back to a large B/ small C. I say large B, small C because that's all they deviate with my weight gains/losses. I've found that losing weight puts them in a 36C, while gaining moves them into a 38B. They look better at the 36C and are actually perkier. Now, given that mine had stuff cut out could play a role in that, but they really do look better when I'm fit. I can even bounce them by flexing... :laugh:
    Although I am afraid to see what happens if I lose enough to fall into a 34 :ohwell:
  • KettleTO
    KettleTO Posts: 144 Member
    Options
    So TMI but I was a 34H and 50lbs down I'm a 32G/H, feelin' deflated but hoping with time and resistance training they'll perk back up...as if gravity wasn't already the enemy before. (the weight loss is still way worth it though)

I'm also a G cup. The cup size hasn't changed, but I've gone down 4 band sizes. My guess is above a E or F cup there is a lot more breast tissue compared to fat.

Your breasts must look even bigger on your body now. May not be a blessing.
  • tammyclinch
    tammyclinch Posts: 103 Member
    Options
    I was a 42ddd, now a 38DDD. I have obviously lost, and yes, had them sag
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!