"Good for you" foods you just can't stand?

Options

Replies

• tjl2329
    tjl2329 Posts: 169 Member
    Options
    All vegetables. I keep trying to eat them but they are so gross. Of course I like corn and potatoes but a big. Nono for me. Oh and I like ice berg. Even Thoth it doesn't have any nutritional value.
  • Ermahgerd_Derpina
    Options
    Oatmeal of any kind. It's the texture.
  • grrupp
    grrupp Posts: 159 Member
    Options
    I can't stand beets! When I was a kid my parents would give us stuff like canned beets, canned spinache and frozen Brussels sprouts.
    I now love spinache, fresh in my salad and love fresh, steamed Brussels sprouts but have still not been able to get myself to try beets, just the smell of them makes me gag.
    I am gonna try giving quinoa a try though, I have never had it before and just read all of its health benefits, fingers crossed that I like it :)
  • celticwinter
    Options
    Any type of fish or seafood yuck, blah, ick, eyes bulging out of sockets "EW FOOD"
  • kaylemartin
    kaylemartin Posts: 235 Member
    Options
    Raw tomatoes
    Pineapple
    Peas (mushy is ok)
    Cauliflower
    Parsnips
  • waldo56
    waldo56 Posts: 1,861 Member
    Options
    Heath food is a myth.

An individual item of food can be neither healthy or unhealthy. Food cannot be separated from the context of diet. Broccoli is "good for you", Pop Tarts are "bad for you". Try to live on solely one or the other, and you'll live longer if you pick the Pop Tarts.
  • RotterdamNL
    RotterdamNL Posts: 509 Member
    Options
    Heath food is a myth.

An individual item of food can be neither healthy or unhealthy. Food cannot be separated from the context of diet. Broccoli is "good for you", Pop Tarts are "bad for you". Try to live on solely one or the other, and you'll live longer if you pick the Pop Tarts.
    Bullcrap:wink:
  • jennapony
    jennapony Posts: 73 Member
    Options
    Green Peppers!
    Well any bell peppers really but green is the worst.
  • mamamc03
    mamamc03 Posts: 1,067 Member
    Options
    Tomatoes - they are the devils testicles :sick:

HAHAHAHA! Love this!!

My loatheful health foods...

Cottage Cheese--have you LOOKED at it. blech!
    Tomatoes...eeewww
    Tofu - cannot get past the gelatinous texture
  • dawnna76
    dawnna76 Posts: 987 Member
    Options
    Cottage cheese, I gag just even thinking about it!
  • deniseblossoms
    deniseblossoms Posts: 373 Member
    Options
    Cauliflower and broccoli - bland boringness. I do force them down from time to time, but have never liked them from childhood. Even my mother calling them "trees" didn't make them any more appealing to me.

These are mine/: I do not want them smothered in cheese, I do not want them lightly steamed, boiled, raw, roasted or sauteed and in my mouth.
    And green peppers, they ruin anything they come in contact with.
  • da1128
    da1128 Posts: 212 Member
    Options
    Fish
    Chicken
    Turkey

Of course, to be fair, none of the above has ever passed my lips. True that! I am 62 years old and have never once tasted fish, chicken, or turkey, and I have no plans to start now. I also eat very little meat; pork, beef, etc. If food ever had a face or a mother, I can't bring myself to eat it...and if I 'do,' it has to be so well done that it doesn't even resemble meat. Basically, it has to 'crunch,' like crispy bacon. :bigsmile:

I do love my fruit and veggies, although someone once tried to talk me into tasting durian. Ugh, just thinking about the smell of that vile fruit gives me palpitations. :sick:
  • black_cats
    black_cats Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    I'm surprised nobody has said this...SPIRULINA

:sick: :sick: :sick:
  • RotterdamNL
    RotterdamNL Posts: 509 Member
    Options
    I am suprised that your suprised because first of all i had to google it and second who would ever had that growing up or in a normal food pattern
  • iansmama3
    Options
    Avocado! And Jillian Michaels must love it. I'm doing the Body Revolution and she's got the nasty green stuff EVERYWHERE....sigh.
  • bdeezy3396
    bdeezy3396 Posts: 89 Member
    Options
    Squash - and it doesn't matter how you dress it up!!!!
  • strickland8052
    strickland8052 Posts: 105 Member
    Options
    Cauliflower and broccoli - bland boringness. I do force them down from time to time, but have never liked them from childhood. Even my mother calling them "trees" didn't make them any more appealing to me.

My 10th grade health teacher saying that STDs look like cauliflower didn't help either....

Try mashed cauliflower with some laughing cow cheese... yum yum!

Or broccoli steamed for a REALLY long time with lemon pepper and red pepper flakes.
  • strickland8052
    strickland8052 Posts: 105 Member
    Options
    Humus. yuckkkkkkkkkkkkkkk!
  • purplecharm
    purplecharm Posts: 446 Member
    Options
    bananas - I just can't understand how anyone can eat them

raw tomatoes - I don't like the texture...too wet and juicy

cottage cheese- I have never eaten it actually but it looks nasty

oatmeal - I have to add tons of fresh fruits and applesauce just to get it down. It's so bland and I don't like the texture.

melons(honeydew, watermelon, cantaloupe) - I just don't like the taste of it
  • Im_NotPerfect
    Im_NotPerfect Posts: 2,181 Member
    Options
    Cottage Cheese....BLEH!!!! :sick: