"Good for you" foods you just can't stand?

Options

Replies

• Lift_Run_Eat
    Lift_Run_Eat Posts: 986 Member
    Options
    Any type of seafood, especially fish!. I can not get over the taste, smell, and texture!
  • pjones239sld
    pjones239sld Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    Yams, they are bland and have a nasty stringy texture.
  • FurykinsMommy
    Options
    Bananas, Green Beans and most Melons, EXCEPT Watermelon...
  • randrews0407
    randrews0407 Posts: 216 Member
    Options
    Cottage cheese :sick:

I'm not a fan of yogurt either but I've thrown Chobani in the Nutribullet and when mixed with other things its tolerable.
  • tracymnx
    tracymnx Posts: 105
    Options
    I would rather lose a limb than eat either tofu or celery

Love the taste of watermelon but the texture of fresh, raw watermelon makes my skin crawl
  • tracymnx
    tracymnx Posts: 105
    Options
    Kale "chips." WTF. Who came up with this one and why does everybody seem to think it's genius?

OMG and this, seriously whats the effing point of kale chips???? And people who say they LOVE them and they taste better than regular chips are just plain lying
  • melwharris91
    melwharris91 Posts: 80 Member
    Options
    Canned tuna. Makes me nauseous to smell and look at it
  • Matt_Wild
    Matt_Wild Posts: 2,673 Member
    Options
    Sprouts, thats it.

I'll eat everything else and enjoy it too :o))
  • knityoupants
    knityoupants Posts: 76 Member
    Options
    Easy: lean meats. Chicken and turkey need to be fried or covered in gravy or SOMETHING to be palatable. I'm picky about seafood too. I only like eating my protein red meat or vegetarian.... all or nothing!
  • fitnotfluffy
    fitnotfluffy Posts: 213 Member
    Options
    COTTAGE CHEESE. BLEGH!
  • emilydiehl08
    Options
    Hummus, Beets, Kale, plain greek yogurt, BLAHHH
  • Kellbellftw
    Kellbellftw Posts: 89 Member
    Options
    cottage cheese! YUCK. I want to like it, I try to like it, and then I eat it and EW
  • MommaChocoLatte
    MommaChocoLatte Posts: 389 Member
    Options
    Fish & brown rice/pasta.

Love shellfish & white rice and regular pasta. Hate the above.
  • MelsAuntie
    MelsAuntie Posts: 2,833 Member
    Options
    Cauliflower and broccoli - bland boringness. I do force them down from time to time, but have never liked them from childhood. Even my mother calling them "trees" didn't make them any more appealing to me.

I assume you've never had them oven roasted with garlic chive butter and a little crumbled bacon....
  • geekette411
    geekette411 Posts: 154 Member
    Options
    Avacado... bleh. Okra... double bleh.
  • palmerar
    palmerar Posts: 489 Member
    Options
    Cauliflower; raw, roasted, mashed, parading around as pizza crust, or any other crazy form people are putting it in these days. Also raw tomatoes by themselves.
  • Dragonwolf
    Dragonwolf Posts: 5,600 Member
    Options
    EGGS and AVACADO! Hate em both!

This. I'll do eggs scrambled and sometimes hard-boiled (I love me some deviled eggs), but raw yolk forms? Gag me.

I want to like avocado, but I can't force it down no matter how hard I try. Even mixing it in things doesn't work for me, I can still taste it and its texture.

Lentils/legumes of any form (except green beans, due to them being mostly pod), in any form, so even things like hummus are out for me. It's a texture thing, and I think the same reason I can't stand most greek yogurts, either (the bacterial combination creates a "pithy" texture similar to hummus).
  • katy_trail
    katy_trail Posts: 1,992 Member
    Options
    uh.....i got nuthin... i like everything.
  • kateauch
    kateauch Posts: 195 Member
    Options
    YOGURT!

Can't stand it......All I can think of when I eat it is "this is exactly what I imagine the texture of pureed worms would be"

Also in that same texture category- pudding, jello, tapioca (hurk), and custard. Those aren't quite as healthy for you though. :tongue:
  • bgtoepfer
    bgtoepfer Posts: 23
    Options
    Celery :sick:
    Grapefruit :noway:
    Tofu :indifferent: