"Good for you" foods you just can't stand?

Options

Replies

• VistaJerry
    VistaJerry Posts: 45
    Options
    Probably anything whole wheat or with grains. I hate oats with a passion.
  • RJay64
    RJay64 Posts: 135
    Options
    Absolutely hate oatmeal, the texture and the taste if awful.

My mother called it "mush." Hated it then, hate it now.

Quinoa - never tried it but I hate it. The appearance, the smell .. gag.
  • Kagemori
    Kagemori Posts: 88 Member
    Options
    hmm lets see:
    mushrooms
    tomatoes
    olives
    onions
    pretty much all melons
    brussle sprouts
    and actually most all vegetables there are a few I will eat, actually the list of veggies I eat is far shorter then the list of the ones I don't eat
  • El_Cunado
    El_Cunado Posts: 359 Member
    Options
    Cottage cheese, the texture makes me want to throw up!:sick:
  • thestrawberrysays
    thestrawberrysays Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    Ginger. BLECH!
  • rwc4912
    rwc4912 Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    Bananas.....foul substance...
    I completely and utterly loathe them
  • trillion30
    trillion30 Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    Raw Tomatoes - The texture is nasty...
    Peppers - I'm allergic so I get some nasty side effects
    Porridge/Oatmeal - I can manage a few spoonfuls and then I feel physically ill
  • castadiva
    castadiva Posts: 2,016 Member
    Options
    All tinned fish, especially tuna, sardines, anchovies
    Cauliflower
    Tofu/soy substitutes
    Walnuts - so bitter!
    I've never understood the appeal of quinoa, and I have to be in a very specific mood (and it has to be a really, REALLY nice day) to tolerate cottage cheese, which then has to be served on really nice crispbread, with fresh tomato and masses of cracked black pepper... yes, THAT specific.
    Spinach, unless mixed up with oter things, ditto white cabbage.
  • mcibty
    mcibty Posts: 1,252 Member
    Options
    Celery. It looks so nice and crunchy, but that SMELL!!!
  • dartaaa
    dartaaa Posts: 35
    Options
    CELERY - the most disgusting food ever, my mom made me stick to a celery diet when I was 15 - it was the worst time of my life. yuckyuckyuck
  • FixItDuck
    FixItDuck Posts: 112 Member
    Options
    Beetroot - the colour, the taste, the texture, even the smell when I cook it! The only way I will eat it is in beetroot chocolate cake and well that possibly negates the health benefits of eating beetroot!

Cashew nuts - I like these, but I can't eat them because they give me migraines.
  • BeccaBollons
    BeccaBollons Posts: 652 Member
    Options
    I can't eat berries. In particular raspberries or blackberries. Can't even force them down in the name of politeness. Lots of other foods are unappealing and make me gag, but berries I have a real problem with. Ugh, and pomegranates.
    In fact, if I could I would just skip fruit altogether. (And I often do!)
  • eireannyoung
    eireannyoung Posts: 154 Member
    Options
    I really don't like soy/tofu, cauliflower, broccoli, kale, buckwheat, raw tomato, canned tuna and sardines, eggplant, cottage cheese, and squash. However, I force myself to eat most of these foods sometimes because my diet is really restricted, and I need all the variety of nutrients I can get. However, usually have to smother them in some other flavor to fool myself into thinking it's some other food (example: covering cauliflower with tomato paste and a minute amount of Parmesan cheese to pretend that it's pasta).
  • dianamatienzo
    dianamatienzo Posts: 127
    Options
    Mushrooms, melon (except watermelon), honey and bananas... ESPECIALLY bananas!

Yuck!
  • Tatiyanya
    Tatiyanya Posts: 255 Member
    Options
    I jump on the tomatoes bandwagon. Everything makes me hark about fresh raw tomatoe, the smell, the taste, the texture, EVERYTHING.

I also discovered just recently that i absolutely hate, detest and want to burn every single one of em. Asparagus...who eats that gross ****, jesus christ.

If i detect one of those 2 in my meal i go green on face and make scene a bit >>
  • Frankii_x
    Frankii_x Posts: 238
    Options
    FISH! I can't stand 'fishy fish'. I don't like fish without a coating of breadcrumbs or batter on - unless it's tinned tuna!

Yes it's good for me but YUCK!
  • MzzFaith
    MzzFaith Posts: 337 Member
    Options
    Tuna & deer meat
  • BackToFree
    BackToFree Posts: 58 Member
    Options
    I've gone off tinned fish since I found 12 pieces of round, hollow white bone in a SMALL tin of salmon. Can't even think of opening a tin of any fish now without feeling queasy.

Brussels sprouts. The smell! I wont tell you what I think they smell like, because it's just not suitable in public!

Ricotta cheese. I've tried and I've tried, I just can't do it....

Any kind of meat substitute. I've never tried tofu, but Quorn is just wrong. If it looks like, smells like and tastes like chicken, just eat the darned chicken!

I can't bring myself to try a green smoothie. I'd rather eat a salad than drink it.
  • projectvanity
    Options
    Leafy greens. Not only do I dislike the taste, but they make me physically ill.
  • _Zardoz_
    _Zardoz_ Posts: 3,987 Member
    Options
    Quinona I just don't get it. Here the texture would rather go for another grain.