"Good for you" foods you just can't stand?

Options

Replies

• ki4yxo
    ki4yxo Posts: 709 Member
    Options
    Chickpeas, (Cicer arietinum) Garbanzo beans, ceci beans, sanagalu, chana, hummus and/or Bengal gram.

mr-yuck.jpg
  • erinw1011
    erinw1011 Posts: 86 Member
    Options
    Cottage cheese...I just can't.
  • Fightin2GetFit
    Fightin2GetFit Posts: 69 Member
    Options
    Eggs - blah!
  • HartJames
    HartJames Posts: 789 Member
    Options
    Fish. No thanks.
  • quiksylver296
    quiksylver296 Posts: 28,442 Member
    Options
    so far it is quinoa for me. I tried it once and can't get past the appearance. It looks like roach eggs. uggggh

Me too. I gave it a good try. If I want to eat something that looks like tiny little balls, I'll go with tapioca pudding.

Yep!
  • Kamnikar64
    Kamnikar64 Posts: 345 Member
    Options
    Brussels sprouts
    Agree; that is some nasty stuff. It tastes nothing like cabbage!
  • Fitnessvie
    Options
    Buckwheat is the best fruit there is for vegans! yes it is a fruit! It is a complete protein.
  • TNR32
    TNR32 Posts: 110 Member
    Options
    Avacados, Mushrooms and blueberrrys .
  • lionskitty
    lionskitty Posts: 72 Member
    Options
    Turnip. No, flat out no. I even spat it out as a baby and still can't stand it even when I don't know that's what it is. Evil sneaky vegetable.
  • StrongAtLast
    StrongAtLast Posts: 137 Member
    Options
    Darn near all fruit with the exception of melon, apples and pineapple <love>; and I'll eat an orange if someone else will peel it.

Ha! that's me! Can't stand the orange smell on my hands after peeling an orange! It never goes away
  • Nessiechickie
    Nessiechickie Posts: 1,392 Member
    Options
    I'm a VERY picky eater.. so I will give u the short version.
    Tomatoes -Can't stand the taste
    Mushrooms -chewing on freakin rubber gross
    Cucumbers -by them selves... I get a foaming at the mouth(bad foaming!) feeling when I eat them
    Fat parts in all Meats - as soon as i get a piece I'm done eating (through the towel in)

Even some of my favorite foods like hard boiled eggs can turn me off.
    Such as picky eater.
  • mitch16
    mitch16 Posts: 2,113 Member
    Options
    Of course, "good for you" is relative...

Green peppers. Haven't been able to eat them since I was pregnant with my son. Cooked or raw--they make me completely sick to my stomach.

Grapefruit/grapefruit juice. Unless a metric ton of sugar or large quantities of vodka is involved.

Plain soy milk/soy yogurt. Just tastes wrong.
  • jr1985
    jr1985 Posts: 1,033 Member
    Options
    My RAW beyond organic Vegan meal replacement shakes... which I make myself drink anyways because they are sooooooooooo healthy I do it anyways. But to be fair I've never met anyone who 'likes' them... I've just gotten to the point where I tolerate them... as is the case with most people who drink them...

Tomatoes
    mushrooms
    Yogurt (although there are a million different opinions on whether or not it really is healthy for you)
    celery... Ok so I have a mild allergy so even though i 'could' eat it gagging over the taste... definitely not that big of a fan to put myself through it.
    Not a health food...but... chicken pot pie... YUCK! even the thought of eating it makes me slightly nauseous.
  • raspberryblonde
    Options
    Darn near all fruit with the exception of melon, apples and pineapple <love>; and I'll eat an orange if someone else will peel it.

Ha! that's me! Can't stand the orange smell on my hands after peeling an orange! It never goes away

The all-day orange smell the awesomest part! But, yes, melon is grody.
  • josiereside
    josiereside Posts: 720 Member
    Options
    weird, I cannot think of anything off the top of my head but there has to be something...
  • KettleTO
    KettleTO Posts: 144 Member
    Options
    Brussels sprouts
    canned tuna or salmon- struggle to be in the same room due to the smell and won't eat because I'm a vegetarian
    celery - on it's own it's horrible
    eggs (Egg McMuffins are their own particular brand of hell)
    raw mushrooms
    raw broccoli or cawliflower
  • EddieDoodle
    EddieDoodle Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Sweet potatoes - these are the worst!
    Oysters! I don't even know if they are good for you, they sure don't look good for anything.
    Cooked cauliflower
    Squash
    Cantaloupe

I must be the only one who likes cottage cheese :happy:
  • Fitnessvie
    Fitnessvie Posts: 2
    Options
    Fruit. I will eat any vegetable under the sun (except the fruits that masquerade as veg, deceptive little ****ers) but even the thought of eating fresh fruit makes me queasy.

ANY thing that bears a seed is fruit ! just to clarify so cucumbers, tomatoes, avocados all squashes .......
  • genofreek
    genofreek Posts: 75
    Options
    Tomatoes. :x They're so good for you and rich in vitamin C and all that happiness, but even as a kid I couldn't bring myself to eat them.

Not so crazy about pineapple either, but I like the juice.
  • Beezil
    Beezil Posts: 1,677 Member
    Options
    Strawberries and kiwis. Blech.