"Good for you" foods you just can't stand?

Options

Replies

• aliciagetshealthy
    aliciagetshealthy Posts: 946 Member
    Options
    Darn near all fruit with the exception of melon, apples and pineapple <love>; and I'll eat an orange if someone else will peel it.
    And mushrooms! Gads, those things are vile!
    And I'll jump on the quinoa and liver bandwagon <ick>
    And canned salmon...do they pack extra smell in that can?

eta: brussel sprouts, because I just can't leave them off my list of loathing
  • atb0821
    atb0821 Posts: 458 Member
    Options
    Tomato, peppers of any kind except maybe banana peppers, and any type of melon. Bleh.
  • LemonMint6
    Options
    Kale. I eat a plant based diet, and the other people I know who eat plant based LOVE kale, and I know it's really good for you. But I have tried and tried, and just can't like it!

I couldn't believe I'd made it to page five without finding this.

I HATE kale. And it's full of the micronutrients I'm low on. I've tried and tried to like this stuff. and I can't I hate it. Spicy rubber. Yum. Not.
  • danibu98
    danibu98 Posts: 281 Member
    Options
    I hate eggs with the passion of a thousand burning flames!
  • KenosFeoh
    KenosFeoh Posts: 1,837 Member
    Options
    I don't like quinoa. Pasta kicks my ulcerative colitis into high gear, so I don't like it anymore, but I don't know that it's good for me anyway.

Luckily, most of the things that I don't like aren't good for me, like donuts, snack cakes of all kinds (twinkies, etc), milk chocolate (but I love dark chocolate, the more bitter the better), regular sweetened soda.
  • Squidgrok
    Squidgrok Posts: 84 Member
    Options
    Number one is COOKED celery
    Ripe banana (it has to be yellowly green)
    Cottage Cheese
    Liver
    Kale (haven't found a way to cook them right yet)
    I'm not big on regular sized tomatoes either
    Asparagus
  • blondie_182_182
    blondie_182_182 Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    Ripe bananas - more than a couple small brown spots and I won't touch it.
    Coconut - I hate the texture.
    Grapefruit - just gross.
    Cooked peppers and onions, like the kind you get with a fajita. Nastiest thing ever.
  • Cordy1228
    Cordy1228 Posts: 245 Member
    Options
    Also not a fan of quinoa.

I don't like most fruit, either. I can deal with apples, but would much rather just have veggies.

But speaking of veggies, I don't like to eat lettuce or (raw) spinach. They taste fine but they mess up my GI tract.
  • avababy05
    avababy05 Posts: 930 Member
    Options
    Brussel sprouts and beets.
  • pumpkinspice84
    pumpkinspice84 Posts: 160 Member
    Options
    Onions are gross! I never liked them. I have tried. Can't do it! My husband hates them too. We are a perfect match. :)
  • aladams83
    Options
    Cottage Cheese!!! Can't do the texture or the SMELL!!!!
  • tsubasamasuwaka
    Options
    I can't stand pork i only eat chiken , lamb , fish
    I also do not like rice and pasta
    and cheese of all kinds , mango is the only thing i hate in the fruit&veggie category ( they're so expensive in my country)
  • misfitswayoflife
    misfitswayoflife Posts: 134 Member
    Options
    I hate fish
    and brocoli hurts my ibs
    and avacado :P
  • Achrya
    Achrya Posts: 16,913 Member
    Options
    Bananas. I hate them and I hate that they seem like a default ingredient for "good for you" baked goods. The taste and texture just kill me.
  • RllyGudTweetr
    RllyGudTweetr Posts: 2,019 Member
    Options
    Cauliflower and brussel sprouts taste awful to me.
  • cleotherio
    cleotherio Posts: 712 Member
    Options
    Greek yogurt. I've tried every brand they have in our stores. It's the thick texture I don't like--like eating sour cream out of a container. I can use it as a sub for sour cream in recipes, or combine half greek and half regular plain yogurt. Please don't tell me "you should try xxxx brand". Because I won't.

Tofu in any form. I've tried. I think that's mostly a texture thing for me as well.
  • groke101
    Options
    For me it is tofu, I just can't stand it.......but I love quinoa...so the world is in balance!
  • erickita89
    erickita89 Posts: 422 Member
    Options
    Tomatoes - they are the devils testicles :sick:

^this. and celery:sick:
  • ton40orbust
    Options
    Avocado and Olives. I'm allergic to both so they taste like death.
  • 1brokegal44
    1brokegal44 Posts: 562 Member
    Options
    Greek yogurt. I like to cook with it, put it in recipes that call for yogurt. But can't stand it by itself.