"Good for you" foods you just can't stand?

Options

Replies

• plynn54
    plynn54 Posts: 912 Member
    Options
    I hate bannanas, peppers, red, yellow, and the most evil of all food green peppers. I really wish I did like them because they look so nice and colorful :)
  • cubsgirlinny
    cubsgirlinny Posts: 282 Member
    Options
    Salmon. I've tried it pepared many ways and can't stand the stuff. It makes me gag at best.
  • PixieGoddess
    PixieGoddess Posts: 1,833 Member
    Options
    Hummus. I don't know why, since I LOOOOVE chickpeas, but I keep trying different brands/flavors and I just don't like it. :ohwell:
  • justal313
    justal313 Posts: 1,375 Member
    Options
    Mushrooms - They grow them in poo
    Cauliflower - Tastes too sour for my liking, however in vegetable bryani it's fine.
    Beef liver - smells great when cooking, tastes awful..

That's about it. I love all manner of vegetables as long as they are (generallly speaking) not over cooked or really cooked much at all. All fruits are generally yummy, oh except grapefruit.
  • Hellbent_Heidi
    Hellbent_Heidi Posts: 3,669 Member
    Options
    Tuna fish :sick:
  • Bookaholic88
    Bookaholic88 Posts: 106 Member
    Options
    Celery... hate it, it tastes like stagnant water... barf
  • justmyalias
    justmyalias Posts: 153 Member
    Options
    Fruit. I will eat any vegetable under the sun (except the fruits that masquerade as veg, deceptive little ****ers) but even the thought of eating fresh fruit makes me queasy.

funny...
    I will eat almost any fruit,all day long (usually not papaya, mango or guava though)
    but not a huge veggie fan...
    of course, love the starchy ones, and salad stuff - most of the raw finger foods that you can adulterate too easily

but no peas, greens, cooked carrots (EWWWWW!!), okra, squash,...
  • lilv711
    lilv711 Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    Cabbage, raw onions, mushrooms (I hate the smell of it cooking) & sweet potatoes. Especially sweet potato fries... I want regular fries damn it! lol.
  • cmadsen1970
    cmadsen1970 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    zucchini & squash. Also cooked carrots, love them raw but if you cook them they are ruined.
  • raecork
    raecork Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    Fish any and all Fish... I keep trying Salmon, thinking that one day, one recipe will change the way I feel, but alas no. I don't mind halibut, but I think the batter and deep frying probably ruins any health benefits of eating the fish.
  • jomtois
    jomtois Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    *Any* seafood, mushrooms, cottage cheese makes me gag just smelling it, asparagus.

I enjoy quinoa.
  • vettle
    vettle Posts: 621 Member
    Options
    oh this is funny - so weird how things just turn us all off in some way but for others it's the best thing ever.

I have a couple most things I actually like:

I too can't stand quinoa or couscous... it reminds me of potpourri.
    lentils - blech my mom used to make dahl and I haaaated it!
    eggplant - seriously why is this still legal?
    Okra - *holds mouth*
    most internal organs, though not sure if they are considered "good for you" necessarily
  • missismonty
    missismonty Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    Cottage cheese and celery - No need
  • deb3129
    deb3129 Posts: 1,294 Member
    Options
    Kale. I eat a plant based diet, and the other people I know who eat plant based LOVE kale, and I know it's really good for you. But I have tried and tried, and just can't like it!
  • NinjaJinja
    NinjaJinja Posts: 147 Member
    Options
    Lettuce. I can SMELL lettuce. Everyone always thinks that is totally bizarre but I can. And anything it touches it contaminates with it's lettuce taint. I dislike broccoli for a similar reason - the smell is awful and once I was at a restaurant and both of the people I was with got the standard side of broccoli.. the smell kept wafting over my food and put me off. Also papaya for the same reason. I bought one for my rabbit and when I was cutting it up and portioning it - ugh. Was so glad i didn't have to eat it.

I don't like mushrooms or eggs for the texture. I waver between refusing to eat bell peppers and sucking it up when they're put in. I actually don't seem to be able to digest them considering they come out completely whole and undigested, and since I don't love them I don't see the point in eating them.

I also dislike most nuts. Not sure why because it isn't like they taste horrible. I think it's because people like to put nuts IN other things (like cookies, brownie, etc etc) and that interrupts the texture of the thing. I don't like crunchy bits in things that are otherwise not crunchy. This is also why I don't like water chestnuts.

Also I hate sushi and everybody else in the world is ape**** in love with it. Gag.
  • raspberryblonde
    Options
    Raw celery (love cooked celery), dark chocolate (prefer milk chocolate), broccoli tops (perfectly happy to eat the stems), green peppers, kale, mangoes (the skins smell terrible). Iceberg lettuce!

And I don't know who the heck looked at a pumpkin, or a squash, or a sweet potato and decided they were edible. They are not food, people! I get my my beta-carotene from carrots!

And I'm violently allergic to strawberries, so my body can't stand them, regardless of my taste buds' opinion on the subject.
  • cococa
    cococa Posts: 122 Member
    Options
    This was like a list of everything I love...until I got to beef liver. I hate liver. I'm also not a big fan of cottage cheese.
  • sbbhbm
    sbbhbm Posts: 1,312 Member
    Options
    Chicken breasts and green beans. I can eat the dark meat no problem, but I can no longer stomach chicken breast meat. When I was in high school, my mom and I went on the Cybergenics CyberTrim diet. For six weeks, every single dinner was boiled skinless chicken breasts and green beans. I liked them up until then, but four weeks into the diet, I started puking them back up I was so sick of them. I get nauseous just thinking about eating either one. That and fish. Never liked fish, tried many kinds cooked many ways, I can get it down, but it comes right back up. I've been trying for over 30 years, and have finally decided to stop trying.
  • bertabird
    Options
    I WOULD RATHER PUMMEL MY EYE WITH A BIG, FAT STICK THAN DRINK GREEN TEA. I DON'T CARE HOW AWESOME IT IS FOR YOU. I DON'T CARE THAT IT IS CHOCK FULL OF ANTIOXIDANTS OR HELPS WITH MY METABOLISM. I DRINK IT BECAUSE OF THOSE REASONS, HOWEVER, WHEN I DRINK IT IT IS MEASURED (1 CUP THREE TIMES DAILY) AND AFTER I PLUG MY NOSE, DOWN THE HATCH IT GOES AS FAST AS I CAN GET IT IN ME. I DON'T CARE WHAT FLAVOR YOU PUT IN IT. IT DOESN'T MATTER. GREEN TEA IS NASTY STUFF (TO ME).
  • RotterdamNL
    RotterdamNL Posts: 509 Member
    Options
    capslock stuck?

Anyways, try rooibos tea, has more antioxidants and no caffine and tastes totally different