"Good for you" foods you just can't stand?

Options

Replies

• jen_zz
    jen_zz Posts: 1,011 Member
    Options
    Cottage cheese and celery - can't stand the stuff!!!!

This, and cilantro.
  • araviel
    araviel Posts: 19
    Options
    Tuna. Just .... eeeew.
  • Coquette6
    Coquette6 Posts: 158 Member
    Options
    Cottage cheese. I always heard what a great protein source it was. So I tried some. I even tried some of the stuff that comes with fruit. Holy hell, that stuff is VILE. I know people like it, but they obviously have very different palettes from mine. I couldn't deal with the taste or the texture.
  • LazySugar
    LazySugar Posts: 12
    Options
    Fish of any kind. I want to like it, I really do, but I... I can't! *wah* I'm still holding out hope though; I used to not like mustard when I was little, maybe in a few years I'll like fish.

I WISH I didn't like cottage cheese, because cottage cheese and pineapple is a mega-treat for me, and I can be quite dangerous with the quantity if I'm not careful. I mix them myself though 'cause the idea of them being packaged together puts me off.
    Edit: come to think of it, I think I'm just a texture-freak, because I also like squidgy foods like large-pearl tapioca and over-done broccoli.
  • hybridscientist
    hybridscientist Posts: 93 Member
    Options
    Raw tomatoes. And I'm 1/2 Italian :(
  • trisH_7183
    trisH_7183 Posts: 1,486 Member
    Options
    Shrimp.....looks ugh to me. No cheese on / mixed with eggs. No bloody meat.
  • RadioactivePirate
    Options
    Kale "chips." WTF. Who came up with this one and why does everybody seem to think it's genius?
  • abrahamsitososa
    abrahamsitososa Posts: 716 Member
    Options
    Garlic
  • TattedInStilettos
    TattedInStilettos Posts: 331 Member
    Options
    Bananas are the worst... the smell turns my stomach... yuck...
  • pocketmole
    pocketmole Posts: 614 Member
    Options
    Yogurt. I can barely even look at it without feeling sick. Watching someone eat yogurt (especially if I can smell it) makes my stomach turn. Still, I've used it in just a couple of baking recipes - but I usually need to have someone else measure it out for me so I don't gag :p
  • coffee_rocks
    coffee_rocks Posts: 275 Member
    Options
    Kale. Worst thing that grows,ever.

Fish. Yea, healthy, low fat, full of Omega whatevers...cannot stand the smell, taste and texture.
  • seltzermint555
    seltzermint555 Posts: 10,742 Member
    Options
    Salad in general.

I will eat steamed veggies all day long. I will eat shredded lettuce and/or cabbage on just about anything. I have spinach at least once a day, often it is part of 2 meals in a day.

But salads just don't do much for me. I eat them from time to time, but I would much rather eat veggies and roughage in other forms! The idea of eating salads every day is what I used to think equaled healthy diet and weight loss and I knew I could never do that for more than 2-3 days without throwing in the towel.

Growing up, my mom's idea of salad was a huge bowl of iceberg lettuce with a little bit of chopped raw tomato (which I detest) and vinegar based dressing. I still don't like that at all.
  • RoseDarrett
    RoseDarrett Posts: 355 Member
    Options
    Celery and Rhubarb.

Rhubarb trying to pass itself off as something different when really it's just red celery.

Both disgusting. Texture wise,smell wise and the thought of eating it is torture.
  • Chadomaniac
    Chadomaniac Posts: 1,785 Member
    Options
    Tuna. Just .... eeeew.

This
  • Myhaloslipped
    Myhaloslipped Posts: 4,317 Member
    Options
    Bananas- learning to tolerate them as sources of sweetness and potassium in superfood shakes.
    Okra- HATE it with a passion. Gross!
  • Myhaloslipped
    Myhaloslipped Posts: 4,317 Member
    Options
    I forgot to add beets (GAG).
  • Armyantzzz
    Armyantzzz Posts: 214 Member
    Options
    ASPARAGUS...!!:sad: but I found a way to tolerate it...:laugh: by juicing it with my favorite fruits and veggies..:bigsmile: :bigsmile:
  • 1longroad
    1longroad Posts: 642 Member
    Options
    Kale - just plain nasty!

Liver/organ meats - can't even stand the smell

Salmon

Peas - but I love split pea soup
  • freemystery
    freemystery Posts: 184 Member
    Options
    Reading these I realise I'm probably not as fussy an eater as I thought!

The only things I dislike are bananas and that's because a number of times when I was younger I got sick shortly after eating banana flavoured things. No causation, banana milkshake won't give you an ear infection. But the medicine I had to take was banana flavoured too!

I can still eat them and they're never as bad as I fear. I think I loathe the IDEA of bananas more than bananas themselves.

They're handy as a "barrier" food. So if I'm in one of those eat-all-day moods I'll put a banana on my desk and be like OKAY LADY if you're really and truly hungry you can have this banana. And if you're still hungry after that, it's legit hunger so that's ok, go eat something. However if you are scrunching up your nose at the banana because you want a Kit Kat well sorry you're not hungry. You just feel like a kit kat and that's not gonna happen.

It's like the food equivalent of keeping your enemies close. Or something. I think.
  • roxylola
    roxylola Posts: 540 Member
    Options
    Raw tomato - and the way people always say "oh but they are so good for your skin" I don't care if they give me wings and make me millions I cannot stomach the feel or taste of them. I have improved a little, I can eat food they have touched now and have even managed to swallow a mouthful of sandwich where I seed had got missed from my removal.