5'2" Ladies who have gone from 140-115lbs

Options

Replies

• silverstarrlyte
    silverstarrlyte Posts: 83 Member
    Options
    amazing! This is where I am trying to get to...
  • StephanieT0602
    StephanieT0602 Posts: 58 Member
    Options
    bump to read later

This is totally me...5'2, started at 140, currently at 130 and at a bit of a stand still.
  • giggitygoo
    giggitygoo Posts: 1,978 Member
    Options
    EDIT:

Realized this is an old post I have already responded too *head desk*
  • kagnann1
    kagnann1 Posts: 8
    Options
    I am 5'2" and weight about 148. My goal weight is 135. I am a more muscular female (according to my doctors... who all say my weight is fine), but I don't feel fine in my clothes or a bathing suit. I am starting the Body Revolution on Monday, and am excited about my weight loss journey. I got to about 138 about a year ago, and looked/felt amazing! I know this was started a long time ago, but thanks for starting it. Short people have a harder time losing weight, I think. Good to know that it didn't take to long for some people.
  • Asterie
    Asterie Posts: 159 Member
    Options
    In for the responses! I'm bouncing around 139 lbs right now after (reluctantly) maintaining 130 lbs for over a year. :( Last summer I actually got all the way down to 122 lbs by doing Insanity and Chalean Extreme at the same time. Once I got there I got so excited that I celebrated. One thing led to another and here I am. Bleh.

Anyway, time to do this for real now! PS once you get to your goal weight, research how to maintain, because as you can see it's easy to do a **** job at it (if you're me at least).

Feel free to send me a friend request. (: :flowerforyou:
  • ranchbrat
    ranchbrat Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I am 5'1
    SW-191,
    Current Weight-138
    GW-120 or so
    I think my fear is, is that I will get too thin. To get all my water in daily is easiest if I make them into protein shakes...its a win win situation. By having 3-4 18oz protein shakes and one solid meal a day with, 3 days of zumba works for taking the weight off for me.
  • tracydr
    tracydr Posts: 528 Member
    Options
    I'm 61". When I was in my twenties I lost about 15 lbs, down to 105. I haven't weighed less than 120 in the past 20 years. My goal is 105. I know I can do it and I need to for my joints.
    I started this journey at 158, my highest ever. I suffered a set back with joint disease this year and between not working and wheelchair bound my weight exploded.
  • Lifeisgood4
    Lifeisgood4 Posts: 120 Member
    Options
    bump
  • swissmish
    swissmish Posts: 183 Member
    Options
    This is all wonderful info, as I myself am 5'2 and am currently at 143 lbs. Mystarting weight was 165 lbs back in January. My ultimate goal weight is 115 lbs, but I guess we shall see the closer I get and better I feel about myself.
  • BCJ272
    BCJ272 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Similar story here! I am 5'3", and from January 2012-July 2012 (wedding!) I went from 143 to 126, which was a size 6/8 to a 2/4, for me. The biggest thing for me was weight training, combined with HIIT. Check out New Rules of Lifting for Women. I did not follow their diet plan (or their somewhat anti-cardio spin, as I do love to run!), but the weight program is great and easy to follow. I'm back up to 134, but at this point I'm just trying to firm back up. Cardio only did NOT work for me! I trained for a half marathon in 2011 and hit my highest weight on race day!
  • MrsMajor87
    MrsMajor87 Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    Back in 2010 I was around 140-145 and when my husband deployed overseas I counted my calories(1200-1500 a day.) In the 7 months I went down to 118. I didn't work out at all. Keep in mind I was skinny but had no muscle tone lol. Now i'm trying to lose weight again after giving birth and i'm currently down to 132. Ive been doing 30DS and counting calories and i'm seeing a big difference overall since starting level 3.
  • Momakanga
    Momakanga Posts: 122 Member
    Options
    I am 5'2" I started at 143 in Dec of 2012. I ate less and moved more. In August of 2013 I was down to 113. I maintained at 115 briefly until things shook up at work and I got a new boss in March 2014. I gained a quick 10 pounds stress eating and maxed out at 125. I am now at 120 trying to keep my stress eating under control to get back to 115.

I feel good at 115. That is my long term maintenance weight.
  • epigirrl
    epigirrl Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    I am 5'2" and 3/4 [not quite 5'3"]. My starting weight last September 2013 was 155. I am now hovering around 115. I was at 140 by November, 130 by New Year's, and 115 by April 2014. Relatively slow and steady from 140 to 115 over 6 months.

I recently shared some thoughts on my journey here: http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/1313459-success-beyond-the-scale-my-journey-to-health-wellbeing
  • mac2003yn
    mac2003yn Posts: 1
    Options
    bump. you ladies are inspiring!
  • kjoy_
    kjoy_ Posts: 316 Member
    Options
    this is great! in the past two years i have bounced around from 143 at the highest, to 124 at the lowest (that initially took 10 weeks). i was 118 in highschool and felt great. i am currently hovering around 130 (took four weeks to get from 140-133). I would love to support any of you if you'd like to add me!
  • Asterie
    Asterie Posts: 159 Member
    Options
    If any one of you ~5'3" 140->115 lbs ladies have a Fitbit, then feel free to add me! https://www.fitbit.com/user/2RFMJD <3
  • foxsylph
    foxsylph Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'2 and about 140 pounds and I'm trying to do this right now so in on this.

I've made that jump in the past and it took me 3.5ish months, which was too fast, really. Left my metabolism very slow and if I'd gone slower, I think my body fat percentage would have been lower by the end. I ate around 1200 calories, kept my protein high and did a combination of cardio and weight lifting 3-4 times a week.

aPLJCIpFFzljqNpekpfxiHzrCsnnxJLulmvv-610xh.jpg
    140ish, oops, awkward posing
    XUasGizNXGmfazGhDhBQqIMzRqcRXlmjLlSk-610xh.jpg
    115ish.

Well done all :flowerforyou:. 115 is my happy weight too.
  • Fivepts
    Fivepts Posts: 517 Member
    Options
    i am 5.2 ft and i started at 142 and i am not 117.6 i got as low as 116.4 but that was in dec and i have struggled to get under 188 until this am.. not sure if it is sticking around,lol.... it took me a year to lose 20 lbs, it was a very slow process but so worth it in the end! i started at 1200 cals and now i eat 1370 plus any exercise cals...

Thanks for posting this. I've been at this religiously for 8 months and only lost 10lbs. I'll be thrilled if I can ever get to -20lbs. I'm 5'4, 140 and aiming for 120.
  • Fivepts
    Fivepts Posts: 517 Member
    Options
    YAY! ok so I just went out and bought the fitbit! Im very excited about this, anyone have suggestions or helpful hints?

-Also how does it know when your sleeping?

Tap on the battery continually until it vibrates, then it will go in sleep mode. You will see two lights. Do the same thing to "wake it up".
  • Krecob
    Krecob Posts: 86 Member
    Options
    Well done everyone, you should all be very proud!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!