What are You doing for Valentine's Day?

Options

Replies

• sportyredhead01
    sportyredhead01 Posts: 482 Member
    Options
    Staying home and making bacon wrapped filets for me and the husband.
    Maybe a cheesecake and the wine infused chocolate sauce I've been dying to use.

I might even put the sauce on the cheesecake. :wink:
  • oceanamy2287
    oceanamy2287 Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    I dislike "Hallmark Holidays." Romance and love don't need a designated day--they are things to enjoy at any time. Cards and little thoughtful gestures are so much more special when there is no apparent reason for them. I am very happily single right now so no fancy plans. Will be working that day, then enjoying dinner with my kids and mom, and working out. Nothing fancy.

LOVE THIS! And I totally agree. We should be showing the people we love that we love them EVERYDAY.
  • ClammyCupcake
    ClammyCupcake Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    Going to see Die Hard 5 and then hitting up a local Mexican place
  • JBcat123
    JBcat123 Posts: 211 Member
    Options
    talking to this guy im currently getting to know on Skype :)
  • m76b
    m76b Posts: 1,498 Member
    Options
    nothing... work... eat chocolates and pizza.... haha! and hate the day becouse i cant be with my love! beeeeehehehehe:sad:
  • Safati
    Safati Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    I'm married, but nothing hahaha my habibi always forget and I'm tired of reminding him every year so nothing:yawn:
  • Siekobilly
    Siekobilly Posts: 401 Member
    Options
    Swear a lot, then get drunk and play video games.
  • cuterbee
    cuterbee Posts: 545
    Options
    I'm bringing flowers for everyone I work with (tiny vases with a few flowers each, less than 15 people) and I'll have a pocketful of heart-shaped lollipops for our clinc kids and random other people..

Then the hubs and I will either help my oldest child and her husband pack for their move, or we'll watch TV.
  • nau05242
    nau05242 Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    I make my bf a card each year and he usually gives me a small gift. I'm not sure if he will this year since we have just bought flights to Sydney and are broke bu I've made him a heart shapped card anyway.

I usually cook him a special meal and have planned a day trip for us on the Saturday to celebrate. there is nothing wrong with celebrating love :)
  • BeingAwesome247
    BeingAwesome247 Posts: 1,171 Member
    Options
    Making heart shaped pancakes for my kido for breakfast & buying her flowers

Probably splurge and have a pizza for dinner
  • Maribel_1986
    Maribel_1986 Posts: 457 Member
    Options
    My boyfriend and I are both working, but we decided that it's not really a big deal to celebrate Valentines Day. I think it's more important to show your love for your S.O. every day, not just on Valentines Day. He knows how much I love him and I don't need to go anywhere special that night. :smile:

But to all of you who have plans: Happy Valentines Day!!! :heart: :flowerforyou:
  • Work at a fair in Germany, far away from my bf and trying to talk to German people... :grumble:
  • Pookylou
    Pookylou Posts: 988 Member
    Options
    First Valentines with my boyfriend, not a big fan of the day I have to say, will make him a card. Not sure if I will see him on the 14th or not! Hopefully will and have a nice dinner at home, but that is it!
  • cheerforsteelers
    cheerforsteelers Posts: 686 Member
    Options
    For v-day I'm going to work. Then coming home and going to my workout. Oh wait...that's like any other day.
  • BrennaMaeF
    Options
    I started dating my best friend of two years in August, right before he left for Wisconsin for job training. He gets back from long-distance a few days before Valentines day and our first official date as a couple is going to fall on Valentines' Day. =) It's the first time in half a year I'll see him and I absolutely cannot wait. We've managed to grow even closer despite the distance, and our relationship is just going to kick into an amazing higher gear now that we're able to be near to each other.

I have no idea what our date involves other than a trip to Jamba Juice to kick it off (we got to know each other at a very specific JJ location, and it's super sentimental for us) and we're going to a little Seattle bistro that is amazing about making alterations to their dishes for diners like me who have a laundry list of allergies. From all the reviews I'm seeing it's supposed to be a super romantic spot. =)
  • KatLifter
    KatLifter Posts: 1,314 Member
    Options
    VDayNo_zps57ccdd81.jpg
  • tj1376
    tj1376 Posts: 1,402 Member
    Options
    I'll be at home dreaming of the day when I meet that special lady with the right combination of low self esteem, subconcious needs for approval, and daddy issues who will do almost anything to please me.

I know a few of those - I would be happy to introduce you.
  • _Elemenopee_
    _Elemenopee_ Posts: 2,665 Member
    Options
    Has anyone said nothing yet?
  • emmgetsfit
    emmgetsfit Posts: 203 Member
    Options
    Watching horror or action movies and eating chinese take out... it's a tradition.
  • emmgetsfit
    emmgetsfit Posts: 203 Member
    Options
    VDayNo_zps57ccdd81.jpg

^^THIS!! Made! My! Day!