Do you get a lot more attention after weight loss?

Options
167891012»

Replies

• mzbek24
    mzbek24 Posts: 436 Member
    Options
    Not to me, though my partner has given me more compliments which feels great!
    I think part of it is the way you carry yourself, too. Whether or not you have caught up mentally with all of your progress and let the renewed confidence show on the outside :)
    My best friend lost 30kgs and she used to be mainly a jeans kinda girl, but she started dressing up in things she'd never felt she could pull of before, she really started to shine, wore some gorgeous fitted dresses, heels, rocked red lippie and smiled a lot more. Every man under the sun was chasing after her and she got into a little bit of trouble when even the ex who'd left her for somebody else as a bigger girl came drooling after her again! haha.
  • zkjmum
    zkjmum Posts: 96 Member
    Options
    I think if I start getting more attention from the opposite sex it will slightly terrify me. I've been raising my children on my own for 4 1/2 years now and have had no attention in that time (have been obese that entire time). Before that I was with their father for over 8 years (from when I was 18) and we had been friends since school. I've never had to deal with that kind of attention as an adult...and only had to deal with it from one or two guys in school (who were basically told to bugger off because they were sleazes). Hopefully the right person will just come along at the right time and slip quietly into my life without making a fuss LOL
  • Chevy_Quest
    Chevy_Quest Posts: 2,012 Member
    Options
    I'm puzzled as to why people are saying 'I'm the same person I've always been why now' etc. The fact is...you're not. As we've already established, you're more confident, outgoing, you have new hobbies and interests (health, fitness, caring about good food and what goes into it). Why shouldn't people notice those changes and decide that they like them?

@DR2501

^^this - Exactly

It is sad when I see people who have transformed themselves into a fitter, healthier, more confident version of themselves and they still carry the baggage of resenting how they were treated.

As I get lighter and fitter I really feel like people are nicer to me because I have confidence and I am not wearing a chip on my shoulder. We can just "be". :smile:
  • stevee290
    stevee290 Posts: 85 Member
    Options
    No attention from woman yet I guess weight loss doesn't cure ugly lol.

I do find people are more respectful and approach me more often but I think that might have more to do with the confidence I'v gained from loosing weight and not the actual physical change.
  • ANNAvsANNA
    ANNAvsANNA Posts: 58 Member
    Options
    i REALLY hope I get more attention as I lose weight, because I get zero now....actually now that I think about it I've never really gotten attention from guys even when I was at my lowest weight (around 160.) Crap....I might be screwed (and not in the fun way.) :sad:
  • Alidecker
    Alidecker Posts: 1,262 Member
    Options
    The fact is...you're not. As we've already established, you're more confident, outgoing, you have new hobbies and interests (health, fitness, caring about good food and what goes into it).

Can we just all be a little honest for a second. This is the softball, feel good reason. The bottom line is you look better, or at least better to a larger group of people. It's the elephant in the room (not a fat joke!) but most people find slimmer more attractive than fat. Can't we just say that?

I agree, I find myself more attractive when I see myself in pictures, so why wouldn't anyone else....still working on this part as I still see the fat girl in the mirror most of the time though.

I definitely get more attention though, at first I wasn't good at handling it, I have gotten better, but still need work on how to flirt and how to recognize when someone is flirting with me.
  • SharonCMach
    SharonCMach Posts: 305 Member
    Options
    Yeah I get alot more attention, which I don't like at all. I'm married so don't care for people hitting on me, it makes me feel uncomfortable.

And then there's the none sexual attention I get, which is even worse!! People asking me how I lost the weight? Why I lost the weight? Did I mean to lose that much weight? The your too skinny comments. The are you going to eat all that comments. Wish they would just leave me alone!!
  • Wookinpanub
    Wookinpanub Posts: 635 Member
    Options
    And then there's the none sexual attention I get, which is even worse!! People asking me how I lost the weight? Why I lost the weight? Wish they would just leave me alone!!

This ^^^

People ask how much weight I have lost and I am kinda embarrassed by it b/c it validates I was such a fat *kitten*.

I am nervous about posting a "reveal" picture of Facebook because I don't want people to add a comment like "how much weight have you lost?" I think that is very rude...again just proves that they think I was a fat *kitten* before.
  • justsalad
    justsalad Posts: 132 Member
    Options
    I'd like to hear from people who experience a noticeable increase in sexual/romantic attention from others after losing weight? How do you experience and/or handle this?

YES! I thought at first I was crazy. But it happens! People talk to you more, it's definitely true. Personally, I handle it differently depending on the person. I have a lot of guys who were real effing jerks to me when I was overweight. Those people who are now kind and flirtatious, get ignored. Dish it out, then you take it back.

But guys I was into who were out of my league who pay attention to me now - some of them I give attention back to, some I do not. It can be overwhelming. I can't say I ever used weight to HIDE (I never wanted to be bigger, never wanted to hide) but being overweight definitely hid ME. It can be confusing and make you a little ...suspicious?... when people pay attention to you now. I definitely always wonder, do they like me for me? Why didn't they like me before ? My personality didn't change.

I just pick and choose whom to give my time to now.

My biggest pet peeve of weight loss and attention - is actually females!!
    Girls that tell me I'm skinny and act kind of rude to me - you have no damn clue how hard I worked for this! How long I struggled with weight! Girls who make remarks like 'what would you know about being overweight' ... excuse you!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!