you're not special.

Options

Replies

• courtneylee31
    courtneylee31 Posts: 178 Member
    Options
    I dont know about anyone else here, but Im not going to add someone to my friends list and be supportive of constant bad eating habits. I agree, everyone has bad days, eating to much, not exercising, whatever. To me this just sounds like someone told you its not ok to have a donut....
  • _Witsy_
    _Witsy_ Posts: 609 Member
    Options
    I love serious posts that then get bashed and become trolling and then unicorns rule the earth.

Epic.
  • FunFitFast
    FunFitFast Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    Gq3F2.gif

lmao ^THIS!
  • FlamingPenguin123
    Options
    While I agree that people shouldn't tell people how to live their lives. I disagree with your special comment, everyone is special because special means different from what is usual. Since there is no usual because we are human that means we are all "special."
  • Gallowmere1984
    Gallowmere1984 Posts: 6,626 Member
    Options
    Well, I may not be *special*, but I'm downright freakin' fabulous! So, there! :tongue:

Statements like this require a picture creep. Creep completed, statement confirmed.
  • courtneylee31
    courtneylee31 Posts: 178 Member
    Options
    haha ohhh lordy you guys. chill out, you got trolled.
    I'm ready to eat some dead carcass. You with me?

A.C.E. Certified Personal/Group FitnessTrainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness for 30 years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition

Im glad I eventually saw this lol .... but honestly there are people on this site who think the same as the original post. ... sad really
  • bpotts44
    bpotts44 Posts: 1,066 Member
    Options
    I've got some news for you guys that might hurt your feelings. But it seems like quite a bit of you need to hear it...
    Like the title says, you're not special. Plain and simple. But I'll go in a little more detail.

We're all on this website for one common goal, and that's pretty cool. But I've noticed that the majority of the MFP population is full of fitness snobs. You've got great bodies, great motivation, great food diaries, and that's okay.

Some people don't. Some people aren't like you. Some people eat junk, and don't work out. And you know what? That's awesome.
    You have no right to tell other people what to do with their life, and you certainly have NO RIGHT to police someone else's body and habits. It isn't yours, and it's none of your business.
    I understand that there are some special cases where people's health is urgent, etc etc, but when it gets down to it, their choice is only their own.

Just because someone doesn't live the lifestyle that you do, doesn't mean you should tell them to change, and it in no way makes you any better than them. Everyone is different and while yes, if we were all a little healthier as a species that would be wonderful, it's just not going to happen.

You are fit, you are healthy, and you are not special. Sorry, but no one is.

What might appear as snobishness to you is most of the time tough love in response to people complaining about their not losing weight and when you actually go through their diary you find they are eating junk, not logging, not working out, etc. No one cares if you want to eat like crap and lay around, but just don't ***** that you hit a plateau.
  • Kimdbro
    Kimdbro Posts: 922 Member
    Options
    Worst Troll post ever... no skills, I hope you weren't trying to get in some sort of Troll Club with this post.
  • rf1170
    rf1170 Posts: 180 Member
    Options
    So your attention-soliciting post didn't work, and now it was all a joke? Please. You're embarrassed that no one agreed with your butthurt rant.
  • mandipandi75
    mandipandi75 Posts: 6,035 Member
    Options
    Dope!!
  • jackpotclown
    jackpotclown Posts: 3,291 Member
    Options
    yes I am..../end thread \m/
    tumblr_m15o1eCpo11qlhhx4o2_250.gif
  • KathyPBiles
    KathyPBiles Posts: 292 Member
    Options
    I, for one, do not think you were being negative at all. Very honest - sure I come on here for support - but not judgement. And because I have seen quite a bit of judging, I am hesitant at what I post.
  • fcp1234
    fcp1234 Posts: 1,098 Member
    Options
    My mama says I is special..so F** you
  • TK266
    TK266 Posts: 3,689 Member
    Options
    I am special in way you cannot even comprehend.

8451458960_b85b0d02a4.jpg
    Pink Viva la Stormtrooper

Okay. Maybe you can. :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:
  • tinak33
    tinak33 Posts: 9,883 Member
    Options
    slap_zpsd102b21e.gif

BAHAHAHAHAHAHA :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:
  • lilmisfit
    lilmisfit Posts: 860 Member
    Options
    Well, I may not be *special*, but I'm downright freakin' fabulous! So, there! :tongue:

Statements like this require a picture creep. Creep completed, statement confirmed.

Ha ha! Thanks for verifying! :laugh:
  • I'm really blown away by all the negative responses to the OP, I don't think the aim of the post was to be negative. I think it was to point out that everyone has a different style, belief system, and having a different opinion or style doesn't make you better than anyone else...some people struggle more than others, if you are not one of those struggling, it doesn't make you a superior being.

I think that the poster is just commenting on a lot of the "know it all" snide responses on the message boards.

If you are someone posting on someone's thread and are genuinely trying to be helpful the OP probably wasn't talking to you or about you, it boggles my mind when people take things like this personally. If it applies to you apply it to yourself, if it doesn't then don't worry about it.

I think we can all agree there are some seriously douchey "know it alls" on this site.
  • trogalicious
    trogalicious Posts: 4,584 Member
    Options
    no
    because saying once isn't enough.. i'd like to add:

no.
  • MagicalLeopleurodon
    Options
    I'm ready to eat some dead carcass. You with me?

IDEA Fitness member

pass! i'm carcass-free.
    Why? Nothing is better than taking a nice juicy steak, adding some salt and pepper and grilling it on an open flame, then cutting it up with a knife and dipping it in A-1 sauce!!!! Well unless it's bacon wrapped.

IDEA Fitness member

You had me until you mentioned A-1 sauce. BLASPHEMY! If your steak needs A-1, theres something wrong with that cow.
    Must be the grain fed thing. Lol, I'm a creature of habit and like A-1 by itself on my rice as well.

IDEA Fitness member

my fiance eats a1 on everything. i like it on salad and baked potatoes
  • cmriverside
    cmriverside Posts: 34,104 Member
    Options

And you just lost the readers here. Hope you are only here for the troll, and not for weight loss, pretty sure you will never be taken seriously again.

...and ignore....
This discussion has been closed.