Hubby threw out all my "healthy food".. WTH

Options
1222324252628»

Replies

• PikaKnight
    PikaKnight Posts: 34,971 Member
    Options

This is an incredible work of fiction. Nothing to do with this post, but incredible all the same.

You've never walked into the kitchen to find your so called partner secretly stirring a pack of butter into a tin of beans. Or tipping the chopped chicken breast into a bowl of mayonnaise so you could pour it onto your plate whilst your back was turned, getting some lettuce out of the fridge. Or taking your money to buy some fresh salmon and salad, to come back with deep fried cod, a pound of fries and a tub of Ben & Jerry's instead. Or had them scream at you that you were only dieting to be able to go and pick up men. Solely based upon you not wanting a chocolate biscuit.

Ugh. I hope you still aren't in that relationship. That sounds pretty toxic.
  • janeite1990
    janeite1990 Posts: 694 Member
    Options

This is an incredible work of fiction. Nothing to do with this post, but incredible all the same.

You've never walked into the kitchen to find your so called partner secretly stirring a pack of butter into a tin of beans. Or tipping the chopped chicken breast into a bowl of mayonnaise so you could pour it onto your plate whilst your back was turned, getting some lettuce out of the fridge. Or taking your money to buy some fresh salmon and salad, to come back with deep fried cod, a pound of fries and a tub of Ben & Jerry's instead. Or had them scream at you that you were only dieting to be able to go and pick up men. Solely based upon you not wanting a chocolate biscuit.

Ugh. I hope you still aren't in that relationship. That sounds pretty toxic.

My thought too! Creepy!
  • lachesissss
    lachesissss Posts: 1,298 Member
    Options

And also the only place where people take an OP at face value. I'd bet a million dollars that the husband asked for better food at least 30 times before finally blowing his lid. This is the reaction of someone that reached their breaking point but still wasn't being heard. There are two unreasonable people in this story, not one

See? I could almost understand if the husband had bought a joint of meat or whatever and some veg, or some other kind of manfood and cooked it up and said that hed like to eat that once in a while.

But what he did was bring in some take away crap (I have since googled nachos - they look like they are crisps with cheese on), and then proceeded to throw a wobbly.

I don't even care what's going on with OP and her husband---- you didn't know what nachos are??? What a sad day! Where are you from and remind me to NEVER come visit!! (KIDDING, BUT SERIOUS---GO MAKE SOME NACHOS)

I'm English - but I am very rural. I have seen nachos - once I googled them, I knew what they were. They sit under heat lamps in the cinema looking greasy. Don't look like they have ever seen anything that grew other than the corn for the crisps-bit. Even a burger has some salad in it.

35eu1v.jpg
  • DavPul
    DavPul Posts: 61,406 Member
    Options

True. I haven't. But then, neither has the OP
  • Tecia1970
    Tecia1970 Posts: 94 Member
    Options
    He could do like my husband. I can cook something healthy and then he adds stuff to it to make it tastier to him and nowhere near to being healthy lol. I'm not cooking two separate meals. If he doesn't like what I'm cooking, he's more than welcome to fix himself something else or go get fast food, which he has done a few times. He understands that I am trying to eat healthier and lose weight and he also understands that I'm not a short order cook that is going to make two separate meals nor does he expect me to.
  • Tecia1970
    Tecia1970 Posts: 94 Member
    Options

See, this is kind of how I read the whole situation myself. The man can, and apparently does, get other food ("real" food for him) outside. If that means he's not getting battered or fried stuff at home...she's the cook. There's no reason she should be cooking two meals for every meal he's home, just so he can have stuff that is bad for him. He can make stuff for himself if he doesn't like what she makes. Simple.

If she chooses to go out of her way to make other things, to take his food habits into consideration? Good on her. If not? She's the one cooking. She's the one shopping for food, preparing the meals and putting it on the table, and he's always free to take care of that part of his life himself.

Also, this became an issue when she a) she refused to be forcefed food she didn't want and b) he took good and healthy food and threw it in the trash, wasting it. That's never acceptable.
    I totally agree!
  • geebusuk
    geebusuk Posts: 3,348 Member
    Options
    He's just doing it to force her to go back to how things used to be where he was the slim one, she was the fat one indoors away from other men.
    This is working on the presumption that said person is the sort to think all this through thoroughly.

In my experience the sort that gets particularly jealous DOESN'T do the 'thinking' bit very well.

Further; I've seen it be the case so many more times where it's women that are the controlling ones who don't want their man going out; despite the fact this was his lifestyle before he met them.

Of course, you did say 'some men', so fair enough :).

Oh and yes, for us Brits - Nachos = Doritos with melted cheese and other stuff (I don't do spicy, so no Jalapeños or salsa for me.)
  • JUDDDing
    JUDDDing Posts: 1,367 Member
    Options
    mucho%2Bnachos.jpg

Now this thread has gone TOO FAR!

Is that a green olive? On nachos? Blasphemy!
  • BeachGingerOnTheRocks
    BeachGingerOnTheRocks Posts: 3,927 Member
    Options

I agree. No green olives on my nachos. Ever.
  • thankyou4thevenom
    thankyou4thevenom Posts: 1,581 Member
    Options

I agree. No green olives on my nachos. Ever.

Ewwww olives...
    Total nacho no no
  • mhorn2142
    mhorn2142 Posts: 319 Member
    Options
    Am I the only who thinks "throw a wobbly" is like, the best comment in this thread? :laugh:

^^This^^

lmao. my husband and I were laughing so hard at this.
  • chiselfuture
    chiselfuture Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    I certainly haven't bothered to read every response, because it isn't worth my mental health to ingest that much hypocritical knee-jerk reactionary cavewoman thinking. But from what I have read, I'm deeply thankful my girlfriend isn't so bat**** crazy as many of the women posting seem to be. It's like a bad stereotype of the worst kind of "you go girl!" bandwagoning.
  • chiselfuture
    Options
    Beat him. Then log it as exercise... " Boxing in ring - General". Kill 2 birds with one stone, so to speak. :wink:

LOL, homicide. Or she could slowly kill and eat him, like a paleo diet! Am I right? Oh man, this one time I saw a news story about domestic violence. Almost choked laughing!
  • currierand
    currierand Posts: 155 Member
    Options
    For grocery shopping, my SO and I go together and he picks out things he wants so there's no complaining about not getting to eat things he wants. And if he wants fast food, he'll have it-- he just knows not to expect that I will be eating it with him. There's not a rule about us having to eat the same things.

Sorry young lady, but sensible relationships and being responsible for your own actions are not allowed here on MFP. Now go let someone sabotage your diet before I go all wobbly on your *kitten*!
  • chiselfuture
    Options
    Lmao at him acting like a maniac.. i would not go buy more food to piss him off, unless u bought him some too.... buy some stuff to make nachos lmao

Lmao at all the nacho talk, throwing wobbly's and nippers lol

runs for cover but is it domestic violence if she slaps some sense in him for medical reason of coarse to get him out of manic stage lol

spock_slap.gif
    tumblr_mh157eMiV81s14h9co1_500.gif

lmao the domestic violence jokes are just getting better and better! Violence is a hoot! Maybe he can beat her back and it'll be like an old time slapstick comedy routine!