My wife is at it again

Options
14567810»

Replies

• dirtnap63
    dirtnap63 Posts: 1,387 Member
    Options
    I can't believe your still with her after her last attempt on your life. From now on I say you get what deserve! (which probably includes copious amounts of ice cream).
  • WinnerVictorious
    WinnerVictorious Posts: 4,735 Member
    Options
    I'm trying desperately to eat healthy but my wife fed me this for breakfast, steak, mashed potatoes and avocado! Shouldn't I be eating dry toast or something? Is it too much to ask that I eat what everyone else in the house is eating?

mail_zps812e1428.jpeg

bishes be crazy.
  • JoeSzup
    JoeSzup Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    I'm trying desperately to eat healthy but my wife fed me this for breakfast, steak, mashed potatoes and avocado! Shouldn't I be eating dry toast or something? Is it too much to ask that I eat what everyone else in the house is eating?

mail_zps812e1428.jpeg

Don't like what she's making? Get your *kitten* in the kitchen and make it yourself.
  • mmddwechanged
    mmddwechanged Posts: 1,688 Member
    Options
    Also, I wasn't actually aware the OP was joking until I read the comments saying that for him. Why is it that one out of every three threads on here is "joking" and anyone who takes it too "seriously" immediately gets flamed for "not having a sense of humor", when there was no actual context given to explain that? They're not called "Sarcasm Boards", and until they are, these "facetious" threads are getting tiresome.

Because this section is called "chit-chat, fun, and games" and is for "chit-chat, fun, and games."

There are a lot of people not noticing that up top (you can tell by the seriousness of some of the responses), and I'm sure that's what OP and all these other lurkers want-- they WANT people to take the thread seriously when it's not supposed to be and then proceed to make fun of them for doing so, as if fault can be blamed on them for taking the words at face value. I suppose that's "fun" to some people, but to the rest of us it's just an annoying display of "look at me" behavior.

Notice, when someone posts a serious thread and wants positive feedback and gets upset because they don't get it, everyone jumps on them for not being able to handle all forms of feedback. And yet, when joke threads are posted and THEY get feedback they don't want (i.e. overly serious responses), then it's not their fault, it's everyone else's. Anyone else feel like this is a double standard? Hmm?

Yes, yes, you're right . . . all the board on here need to be for the serious . . . no funz allowed.

There is quite a difference between discussing a topic playfully and purposefully setting up a trap for people who don't read closely enough to fall into and then mocking them for it. The latter is encouraging and rationalizing ridicule.

"It's okay to be mean to that person because they were stupid and didn't read my post the way *I* wanted them to, or the way OP wanted them to. Clearly that makes them an idiot and worthy of mocking."

No one has set a trap here. This was clearly running on the joke of this "serious" topic constantly coming up. The OP did not go and attack anyone not getting the joke; it's other people who have gotten angry that the joke's not taken seriously, and even then, that is a minority. You're comparing an OP posting a topic and attacking any "dissenters" with an OP posting a topic and OTHER people getting mad they didn't get the joke.

Even then, the "anger" or "attacking" could be further jokes and parody of some stereotypical MFP "butthurt" responses; you misunderstand context and jokes on this forum all the time, and this seems like yet another one.

Now, let's get back to the steak.

I'm ok. No hard feelings No really really I am ok. I think the op will survive too. :)
  • Admiral_Derp
    Admiral_Derp Posts: 866 Member
    Options
    You're lucky...I got this:

2118547068_2e7c75a010_z.jpg?zz=1
  • sunsnstatheart
    sunsnstatheart Posts: 2,544 Member
    Options

Hey, happy to swap sometime . . .

Recipes.
  • iAMsmiling
    iAMsmiling Posts: 2,394 Member
    Options
    Dude, you're killing me.
    Cooking is just one of the wifely "duties" mine avoids.
  • Admiral_Derp
    Options

Recipes.

Hey, how did you know my wife's name was Recipes? Yall met?
  • sunsnstatheart
    Options

Recipes.

Hey, how did you know my wife's name was Recipes? Yall met?

:drinker: :drinker: :drinker:
  • Maribel_1986
    Maribel_1986 Posts: 457 Member
    Options

mail_zps812e1428.jpeg

Don't like what she's making? Get your *kitten* in the kitchen and make it yourself.

I agree
  • PikaKnight
    PikaKnight Posts: 34,971 Member
    Options
    Your wife is crazy to be making steak and mashed potatos for breakfast. Those are some time consuming items to cook. And I really don't see how avocado fits well with those two? Regardless, you better have eaten what she cooked you, and just tell her in the future to not make something so heavy, or you'll start making your own.

lolwut????

tumblr_lthhihJULx1r4alnuo1_500.jpg
  • PikaKnight
    Options

mail_zps812e1428.jpeg

I agree

*eyes and notes that this is in the Chit-Chat, Fun, and Games section*

And Suns..dude...I'm not a lesbian but I will so take your wife. I mean, as your friend and all, I'd take one for the team. *puts hands up*

No really, I can't let you suffer like this. :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :tongue: :flowerforyou:
  • thinkcrystal
    thinkcrystal Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    Your wife is crazy to be making steak and mashed potatos for breakfast. Those are some time consuming items to cook. And I really don't see how avocado fits well with those two? Regardless, you better have eaten what she cooked you, and just tell her in the future to not make something so heavy, or you'll start making your own.

lolwut????

tumblr_lthhihJULx1r4alnuo1_500.jpg

LMAO!!!!!!!!
  • sunsnstatheart
    Options

mail_zps812e1428.jpeg

I agree

And Suns..dude...I'm not a lesbian but I will so take your wife. I mean, as your friend and all, I'd take one for the team. *puts hands up*

No really, I can't let you suffer like this. :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :tongue: :flowerforyou:

This is why I love my friends as much as I do. You are awesome Joylia! Swing on by!
  • PikaKnight
    Options

mail_zps812e1428.jpeg

I agree

This is why I love my friends as much as I do. You are awesome Joylia! Swing on by!

*starts packing her bags to move in* lmao :tongue: :tongue: :tongue: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:
  • dbirty
    dbirty Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    Lucky *kitten* :laugh:

Nicely sums up what all of us are thinking ! :-)
  • Cait_Sidhe
    Cait_Sidhe Posts: 3,150 Member
    Options
    What's with all the potato hate? :cry:
  • MeMyCatsandI
    MeMyCatsandI Posts: 704 Member
    Options
    Hit her in the head with a shoe and kick her to the curb. She clearly does not support you! Under NO circumstances should you have a conversation with her. You need an immediate divorce.
  • Admiral_Derp
    Options
    tumblr_m6u8j2VXdd1r7rdfdo1_500.jpg