• calibriintx
    calibriintx Posts: 1,741 Member
    Options
    Your wife is so hot!

This!
  • marinegirl92
    marinegirl92 Posts: 184 Member
    Options
    why is she serving you dinner for breakfast? backwards logic?

Yes! I'm hoping for waffles for dinner. Lot's of whipped cream and syrup too.

With a breakfast like that and if you're already off to work... she may be making waffles without you right now while you're fat dumb and happy with your big steak breakfast! Just sayin'
  • emily356
    emily356 Posts: 318 Member
    Options
    Wow. That looks AMAZING!!!:heart:
  • AlsDonkBoxSquat
    AlsDonkBoxSquat Posts: 6,128 Member
    Options
    Also, I wasn't actually aware the OP was joking until I read the comments saying that for him. Why is it that one out of every three threads on here is "joking" and anyone who takes it too "seriously" immediately gets flamed for "not having a sense of humor", when there was no actual context given to explain that? They're not called "Sarcasm Boards", and until they are, these "facetious" threads are getting tiresome.

Because this section is called "chit-chat, fun, and games" and is for "chit-chat, fun, and games."

There are a lot of people not noticing that up top (you can tell by the seriousness of some of the responses), and I'm sure that's what OP and all these other lurkers want-- they WANT people to take the thread seriously when it's not supposed to be and then proceed to make fun of them for doing so, as if fault can be blamed on them for taking the words at face value. I suppose that's "fun" to some people, but to the rest of us it's just an annoying display of "look at me" behavior.

Notice, when someone posts a serious thread and wants positive feedback and gets upset because they don't get it, everyone jumps on them for not being able to handle all forms of feedback. And yet, when joke threads are posted and THEY get feedback they don't want (i.e. overly serious responses), then it's not their fault, it's everyone else's. Anyone else feel like this is a double standard? Hmm?

Yes, yes, you're right . . . all the board on here need to be for the serious . . . no funz allowed.
  • saxmaniac
    saxmaniac Posts: 1,133 Member
    Options
    Awesome work of satire on multiple levels. Well played! :drinker:
  • BlueInkDot
    BlueInkDot Posts: 702 Member
    Options
    Sounds good to me. Ready to go for that lifting session! HUAAAH! #caniborrowyourwife
  • Ramberta
    Ramberta Posts: 1,312 Member
    Options
    Also, I wasn't actually aware the OP was joking until I read the comments saying that for him. Why is it that one out of every three threads on here is "joking" and anyone who takes it too "seriously" immediately gets flamed for "not having a sense of humor", when there was no actual context given to explain that? They're not called "Sarcasm Boards", and until they are, these "facetious" threads are getting tiresome.

Because this section is called "chit-chat, fun, and games" and is for "chit-chat, fun, and games."

There are a lot of people not noticing that up top (you can tell by the seriousness of some of the responses), and I'm sure that's what OP and all these other lurkers want-- they WANT people to take the thread seriously when it's not supposed to be and then proceed to make fun of them for doing so, as if fault can be blamed on them for taking the words at face value. I suppose that's "fun" to some people, but to the rest of us it's just an annoying display of "look at me" behavior.

Notice, when someone posts a serious thread and wants positive feedback and gets upset because they don't get it, everyone jumps on them for not being able to handle all forms of feedback. And yet, when joke threads are posted and THEY get feedback they don't want (i.e. overly serious responses), then it's not their fault, it's everyone else's. Anyone else feel like this is a double standard? Hmm?

Yes, yes, you're right . . . all the board on here need to be for the serious . . . no funz allowed.

There is quite a difference between discussing a topic playfully and purposefully setting up a trap for people who don't read closely enough to fall into and then mocking them for it. The latter is encouraging and rationalizing ridicule.

"It's okay to be mean to that person because they were stupid and didn't read my post the way *I* wanted them to, or the way OP wanted them to. Clearly that makes them an idiot and worthy of mocking."
  • iAMsmiling
    iAMsmiling Posts: 2,394 Member
    Options

There is quite a difference between discussing a topic playfully and purposefully setting up a trap for people who don't read closely enough to fall into and then mocking them for it. The latter is encouraging and rationalizing ridicule.

"It's okay to be mean to that person because they were stupid and didn't read my post the way *I* wanted them to, or the way OP wanted them to. Clearly that makes them an idiot and worthy of mocking."

I'm convinced. Reporting this post for setting a satirical trap and leading the lambs in for the slaughter.

Bad OP!
  • Ramberta
    Ramberta Posts: 1,312 Member
    Options

I'm convinced. Reporting this post for setting a satirical trap and leading the lambs in for the slaughter.

Bad OP!

-_- I said nothing about the OP or anyone else needing to be reported... I don't report, because I find it to be infantile behavior unless you are truly getting attacked (which fortunately doesn't happen often on these forums). It's equivalent to tattling, and often accomplishes nothing anyway. I was simply trying to point out that people who create these types of posts are creating breeding grounds for mocking rather than "fun and games". I'm going to go get off my fat butt and take a walk now, because every time I make the mistake of looking at the forums for more than ten minutes I just get annoyed.
  • firstsip
    firstsip Posts: 8,399 Member
    Options

No one has set a trap here. This was clearly running on the joke of this "serious" topic constantly coming up. The OP did not go and attack anyone not getting the joke; it's other people who have gotten angry that the joke's not taken seriously, and even then, that is a minority. You're comparing an OP posting a topic and attacking any "dissenters" with an OP posting a topic and OTHER people getting mad they didn't get the joke.

Even then, the "anger" or "attacking" could be further jokes and parody of some stereotypical MFP "butthurt" responses; you misunderstand context and jokes on this forum all the time, and this seems like yet another one.

Now, let's get back to the steak.
  • DebHutton55
    DebHutton55 Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    Looks like a healthy breakfast to me. I wouldn't have the potatoes, though.
  • littlebre33
    Options
    Firstly, be glad that your wife takes the time to cook you breakfast, my boyfriend is wayyyy to picky so I tell him he can do it himself. Secondly, why can't you just tell her some ideas of what you would like to eat in the morning instead of steak and mashed potatoes? I am not sure what your fitness goal is, but I find trying to lose weight I eat whatever I want in moderation or else I get bored of just the"healthy stuff". Good luck!!
  • iAMsmiling
    iAMsmiling Posts: 2,394 Member
    Options

Bad OP!

-_- I said nothing about the OP or anyone else needing to be reported... I don't report, because I find it to be infantile behavior unless you are truly getting attacked (which fortunately doesn't happen often on these forums). It's equivalent to tattling, and often accomplishes nothing anyway. I was simply trying to point out that people who create these types of posts are creating breeding grounds for mocking rather than "fun and games". I'm going to go get off my fat butt and take a walk now, because every time I make the mistake of looking at the forums for more than ten minutes I just get annoyed.

Doesn't sound like any fun at all. You should get that looked at.
  • lindseym1983
    Options
    maybe she is nervous about you losing weight, toning or whatever you doing and looking really good and she's not doing anything.
  • AlsDonkBoxSquat
    AlsDonkBoxSquat Posts: 6,128 Member
    Options

Bad OP!

Maybe if you, like I do occassionally, sit back and say "haha - you got me" and had a good laugh about it you wouldn't get so annoyed. Fact is, not every nuiance and not every joke put down is going to be picked up by every person . . . happens in real life too. I miss a joke just as often as the next person, but you don't have to become an angry panda about it, you can simple laugh . . . say "you caught me" and move on. I frequently need reminded to lighten up a bit (I think God gave me my specific son just to learn that lesson). there are quite a few people who took it for seriouz and then came back and said "Oh, ho, oh, ho, I seeee what you did there . . . let me join in with the laffs."
  • BeachGingerOnTheRocks
    BeachGingerOnTheRocks Posts: 3,927 Member
    Options

Everyone's just trying to have fun. There are so many spouse-bashing threads in other sections of this board that seeing someone post a silly thread that's really tongue in cheek is cathartic when there's so much hate going on elsewhere.

Sometimes people just need to laugh. And this thread is so funny that it made my morning better.
  • SarahBeth0625
    SarahBeth0625 Posts: 685 Member
    Options
    I feel this way when I go to my mom's. She makes AMAZING food but I cannot control my portions when I eat there. I just enjoy it and know that it may be once a month I pigout on her food. I would seriously weigh10 lbs more if I ate her delicious cooking every day!
  • sunsnstatheart
    sunsnstatheart Posts: 2,544 Member
    Options
    wabbits_zps044f9ffe.jpg

Shhhhhh!!!
  • snoopytwins
    snoopytwins Posts: 1,759 Member
    Options
    Wascally wabbit!
  • Aello11
    Aello11 Posts: 312 Member
    Options
    This is terrible. You need to kick her out immediately.

This and give her my address :flowerforyou: