Faye_Anderson Posts: 1,495 Member
    Options
    mail_zps812e1428.jpeg
    *drools on keyboard*
    Do you want to swap diets, I eat "cardboard" for breakfast :love: :laugh:
  • sunsnstatheart
    sunsnstatheart Posts: 2,544 Member
    Options
    why is she serving you dinner for breakfast? backwards logic?

Yes! I'm hoping for waffles for dinner. Lot's of whipped cream and syrup too.
  • Mcctin65
    Mcctin65 Posts: 507 Member
    Options
    Looks perfect to me!
  • marhattap
    marhattap Posts: 149 Member
    Options
    Not gonna lie, that looks DELICIOUS!
  • YouAreTheShit
    YouAreTheShit Posts: 510 Member
    Options
    I'm trying desperately to eat healthy but my wife fed me this for breakfast, steak, mashed potatoes and avocado! Shouldn't I be eating dry toast or something? Is it too much to ask that I eat what everyone else in the house is eating?

mail_zps812e1428.jpeg

Does she have a sister? If not, when are you divorcing? Cause I want her... (that's my meat muscle taking)
  • Wooglin2011
    Options
    Looks like an awesome breakfast. Limit the mashed potatoes, and that breakfast looks like the perfect ketogenic meal!
  • AllonsYtotheTardis
    AllonsYtotheTardis Posts: 16,947 Member
    Options
    I'm trying desperately to eat healthy but my wife fed me this for breakfast, steak, mashed potatoes and avocado! Shouldn't I be eating dry toast or something? Is it too much to ask that I eat what everyone else in the house is eating?

mail_zps812e1428.jpeg

You are a lucky man. I need to teach my husband to make that for me.
  • MsDover
    MsDover Posts: 395 Member
    Options
    The current advice is to make breakfast your big meal of the day and eat lighter for the last meal of the day. Looks like this is perfect! Plus, now I really want steak.
  • amandapye78
    amandapye78 Posts: 820 Member
    Options
    Dont show this to my husband. I've told him women dont make their husbands breakfast anymore and this would only confuse him, :wink:
  • MrsSWW
    MrsSWW Posts: 1,590 Member
    Options
    Right, that's it's, I'm leaving my husband and running away with your wife. End of.
  • mmddwechanged
    mmddwechanged Posts: 1,688 Member
    Options
    I am so sick and tired of all these threads about spouses who somehow control what you eat, how you feel about yourself, your thinking etc etc. and now we have a man who can't even cook for himself. Honestly you need to man up, take responsibility for your own happiness, and for your own health. Grow a pair for goodness sakes! And not only that, anyone who thinks steak and advocado is bad for you is just odd. Yeah actually I think you are odd and I'm tired of this argument. Carry on!!!
  • PinkLinda
    PinkLinda Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    be darned well pleased she made you breakfast....say thank you and eat up. if you don't like it or want something different, then make your own. better yet, make her breakfast.
  • AlsDonkBoxSquat
    AlsDonkBoxSquat Posts: 6,128 Member
    Options
    why is she serving you dinner for breakfast? backwards logic?

Yes! I'm hoping for waffles for dinner. Lot's of whipped cream and syrup too.

Eat the waffles and reserve the whipped cream and syrup for when you thank her.
  • AlsDonkBoxSquat
    AlsDonkBoxSquat Posts: 6,128 Member
    Options
    I am so sick and tired of all these threads about spouses who somehow control what you eat, how you feel about yourself, your thinking etc etc. and now we have a man who can't even cook for himself. Honestly you need to man up, take responsibility for your own happiness, and for your own health. Grow a pair for goodness sakes! And not only that, anyone who thinks steak and advocado is bad for you is just odd. Yeah actually I think you are odd and I'm tired of this argument. Carry on!!!

Oooo, someone is a mad panda today (and completely missing all the tongue in cheek). Sarcazimz say what?!?
  • wikitbikit
    wikitbikit Posts: 518 Member
    Options
    This is terrible. You need to kick her out immediately.
  • BamBam125
    BamBam125 Posts: 229 Member
    Options
    Your wife is crazy to be making steak and mashed potatos for breakfast. Those are some time consuming items to cook. And I really don't see how avocado fits well with those two? Regardless, you better have eaten what she cooked you, and just tell her in the future to not make something so heavy, or you'll start making your own.

Actually they don't take that long to cook. When we have this sort of meal (for dinner), it's hubby that takes care of the steak, but he can do it in about 10 minutes if the stove and oven are both hot (and that's including the time for the meat to rest after cooking). It comes out tasting like butter is involved somehow but there is none. Oh, I love when he makes steak. :love:

It goes like this:

Salt it the night before. While the oven comes up to broil temp that morning, set the steak out to come to room temp. On the stove top sear it in a hot pan (if the meat is fatty enough you don't need any oil). Then bake in the oven on broil briefly (flipping once to ensure an even temp). It works best with a cast iron skillet, but really any oven safe heavy pan will work. Result is medium to medium rare depending on how thick the cut is. (Thank you Alton Brown. Hubby now lusts after cast iron cookware and a gas range instead of a big grill. http://www.foodnetwork.com/recipes/alton-brown/pan-seared-rib-eye-recipe/index.html)

As for mashed potatoes, I can see that easily completed overnight in a slow cooker (just drain and add milk, salt, pepper, garlic and butter in the morning and then mash) or made ahead of time and then zapped in the microwave for the morning.

Looks good! No my personal preference for breakfast, but I'd take it for lunch or dinner any day!
  • firstsip
    firstsip Posts: 8,399 Member
    Options

Really? You're sick and tired of them? Because there's so many of them, right? And because there's so many of them, people start to parody them... right?

tumblr_lvgxf6ydVH1r2fzujo1_500.gif
  • iAMsmiling
    iAMsmiling Posts: 2,394 Member
    Options

Must be the lack of meat that's making you so testy.
  • Admiral_Derp
    Admiral_Derp Posts: 866 Member
    Options
    tumblr_lg4xq6W24R1qbwdexo1_400.gif

As long as it's all organic, you can follow it up with a cleanse and you'll be fine. >:D