bump! :love:
  • Tuala42
    Tuala42 Posts: 274 Member
    Options
    bumping:smile:
  • CakeFit21
    CakeFit21 Posts: 2,521 Member
    Options
    The taste of coffee is just really pleasant to me :) so if there's a way to make a cake that has the hinted taste of coffee, it's gotta be delicious! Thank you for sharing!

Make the cake with espresso/coffee instead of water. You may need to play with the ratio to see what works best.
  • missjanetleigh
    missjanetleigh Posts: 149 Member
    Options
    does this work? like legit... cause it is my birthday saturday..... :P

Happy early birthday! Mine is Tuesday and yes I would like just a little cake. :)
  • Melissakay1222
    Melissakay1222 Posts: 74 Member
    Options
    It's listed with different calories. If you calculate from the dry mixes I bought, it is coming out to around 50 calories.
  • Melissakay1222
    Options
    does this work? like legit... cause it is my birthday saturday..... :P

For the love of god, Erika, don't have mug cake on your birthday. Splurge on your special day! :tongue:

Also, does anyone know how many tablespoons make up the two boxes of dry cake? For OCD calorie counting reasons, of course. :smile:
    okay..its called 321 cake..it is awesome!!! However its more like 120 cals...Its already in the MFP database...just type in 321 cake and it will show the different flavors.
  • Melissakay1222
    Options
    Okay, people . . . I made a recipe tonight that I've seen circulating around MFP quite often. It was freaking AMAZING! It's the 3-ingredient coffee mug cake! I bought an angel food cake mix and decided to buy a plain white cake mix as my other mix. You can buy any flavor of cake mix you want but one of the two has to be an angel food cake. Mix the two boxes together in a 1-gallon zip lock bag and make sure they are mixed well. Measure out 3 tablespoons into a coffee mug along with 2 tablespoons of water. Stir really well and microwave for 1 minute. You will be amazed! The cutest and most perfectly shaped round little cake will fall out of your mug when you turn it upside down and you will think you just ate a piece of heaven! It is moist and sweet and only has around 50 calories!!! The best part is now you have a zip lock baggie full of goodness for anytime you are craving something sweet . . . and it will only take a minute to make another! YOU HAVE GOT TO TRY THIS . . . you will not be disappointed! :)

This has circulated around MFP and I've seen people recently say it has over 100 calories however the dry mixes I used came out to around 50 . . . so don't let people talk you out of trying this!!!
  • jayliospecky
    jayliospecky Posts: 25,022 Member
    Options
    ::Sigh::

Wouldn't it be better than have one forkful of real cake vs 50 cals of some mug "cake"?

Describe this "real cake" of which you speak. Slowly, please.
  • CakeFit21
    CakeFit21 Posts: 2,521 Member
    Options
    ::Sigh::

Wouldn't it be better than have one forkful of real cake vs 50 cals of some mug "cake"?

You get out of here with your reason and junk. You know they want to mix the box mixes!

It's pointless.

:sigh:
  • elisa123gal
    elisa123gal Posts: 4,306 Member
    Options
    a little mug cake sounds more yummy than just a fork full of anything. Can't wait to try this.:flowerforyou:
  • roeann53
    roeann53 Posts: 124 Member
    Options
    What a great idea... I used 1/2 tablespoon of simply fruit (15 cals) on it and it went over big time with my husband. Thanks! Could you tell me how you calculated the calories... ?
  • roeann53
    roeann53 Posts: 124 Member
    Options
    I am a bit impatient so when saw the different calorie counts, so I tried to figure it out for myself.. I'm not too good at this so may have gotten it wrong. I weighed out one cup of cake mix. and it was 5 ounces. I put 3 tablespoons of the mix into a measuring cup and they were just shy of 1/4 cup. So, the weight was slightly less than 1.25 ounces. I added the weight to the two packages (Angel Food and Super Moist French Vanilla) together and divided them by the total number of servings to figure out how many ounces of mix it takes per serving (1.42 ounces); and then I calculated the average precooked calories per serving (149 calories).

Anyway, in the end, my calculation came to a bit less than 131 calories.. so the calories showing on the website for mug cake 1-2-3 (128 calories) seem about right for the two mixes I used. It would be nice if I'm wrong, so if I did something wrong please let me know. I'm not a cook so I have a hard time figuring out how to switch from dry weight to wet weight etc. But, even if I'm not, this is still a nice, quick relatively low calorie treat to splurge on once in a while.
  • fstephanie4
    fstephanie4 Posts: 196 Member
    Options
    bump sounds amazing!!
  • kittybitz79
    Options
    I just tried this last night. Used pineapple cake mix and angel food cake. Then to I put a tsp of whip cream and crushed pineapple on top. Delicious and so easy. Cut my craving for sweets down.
  • BadAzzBea
    Options
    really now
  • mockchoc
    mockchoc Posts: 6,573 Member
    Options
    Okay, people . . . I made a recipe tonight that I've seen circulating around MFP quite often. It was freaking AMAZING! It's the 3-ingredient coffee mug cake! I bought an angel food cake mix and decided to buy a plain white cake mix as my other mix. You can buy any flavor of cake mix you want but one of the two has to be an angel food cake. Mix the two boxes together in a 1-gallon zip lock bag and make sure they are mixed well. Measure out 3 tablespoons into a coffee mug along with 2 tablespoons of water. Stir really well and microwave for 1 minute. You will be amazed! The cutest and most perfectly shaped round little cake will fall out of your mug when you turn it upside down and you will think you just ate a piece of heaven! It is moist and sweet and only has around 50 calories!!! The best part is now you have a zip lock baggie full of goodness for anytime you are craving something sweet . . . and it will only take a minute to make another! YOU HAVE GOT TO TRY THIS . . . you will not be disappointed! :)

This has circulated around MFP and I've seen people recently say it has over 100 calories however the dry mixes I used came out to around 50 . . . so don't let people talk you out of trying this!!!

Can you tell us the brands please of your two mixes? Sounds great for 50 calories!
  • JCM1969
    JCM1969 Posts: 141 Member
    Options
    Can someone who is better than I am at this figure out calories... Like PP said.. mixing wet oz and weight oz doesnt work. It makes no sense that a cupcake with no egg or oil would be within a few calories of a real cupcake.....
  • dmaloof2013
    dmaloof2013 Posts: 134 Member
    Options
    The taste of coffee is just really pleasant to me :) so if there's a way to make a cake that has the hinted taste of coffee, it's gotta be delicious! Thank you for sharing!

I was thinking this exact same thing. Maybe if you add those little packets of instant coffee to it to give the hint of coffee taste without having to add too many (if any) calories.
  • Trilby16
    Trilby16 Posts: 707 Member
    Options
    I eat one of these a day. It works!
    My mix is angel cake + devil's food cake + 1/2 tsp. plain dark cocoa powder.