The one food you can't eat in moderation???

Options

Replies

• JenSD6
    JenSD6 Posts: 454 Member
    Options
    Salt & Vinegar potato chips. Once that big bag is open, that's the end of it.
  • emmymcq
    emmymcq Posts: 278 Member
    Options
    Cake
  • Shelliemsu
    Options
    Snickers.... I have eaten myself sick with those

Pizza... Dominos.... with the white sauce.... oh man...

White cheddar popcorn.... munch munch munch.... oh the goodness.
  • altinker
    altinker Posts: 173
    Options
    What I do if I know I want a treat that I tend to overindulge in is I don't buy the big mondo bag. I just buy the snack size or whatever size will fit my calorie limit that day. So, for kettle cooked chips -- I crave them right before my TOM. Instead of buying the 9oz or 5oz bag, I will buy 1 or 2 of the 1.5 oz bags. They are 300 cals each. And, I will eat them and enjoy them. Then, I don't buy them until next month. I don't even care if a 1.5 oz bag costs more than a 9 oz bag and it is a better deal to buy more. I know they are a weakness and won't buy that size. The only time I get a 5 oz bag is for a party or if my hubby and I are going to split the bag for a lunch or picnic.
  • calibriintx
    calibriintx Posts: 1,741 Member
    Options
    It used to be chocolate but I got tired of not having it around so I just forced myself to eat it in moderation. But I don't think I'll ever be able to control myself with Haagen Dazs Chocolate Peanut Butter icecream. If I buy it, I will eat the entire pint in one sitting. Ugh.
  • staceyhotmama
    staceyhotmama Posts: 98 Member
    Options
    Chips and salsa, cheeay crackers of any kind. Put anything salty and crunchy in front of me and I go to town!
  • fae14
    fae14 Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    Crab Rangoon
  • disdatdude
    Options
    I'm going to have to say Pizza and probably any kind of chip for me....usually Utz Rippled or Snack Artist tortilla chips (both are the lowest in salt, without going saltless, and price). Pizza sucks because who's gonna want to eat 1 slice? I usually, if it's a frozen pizza, cut it in half or cut it in 3rds. I pair it with a salad, but I would and could easily suck down a whole pizza if I had no discipline.

Chips, I watch them mainly for the salt (pizza too). When I bring them in the house they sit perched ontop of the fridge. They call me everytime I go in the kitchen. 10 servings in a bag turns out to be more like 8 as I add an extra 2 or 3 chips each time I open the bag. I don't like to see them "on sale" at the store. It's easy for me to scurry out of the isle when they are 4 bucks a bag, but when it's 2 for 1 or 2 bucks a bag....I know that I'm going to want to buy them. I love homeade soup, beans and sandwhiches...what accompanies either better than crunchy, salty chips.

For others, it might be drugs, booze or cigs....

...but for me....Pizza and chips are....like just a smidgen below sex with a supermodel on the festive, fun and indulgence scale...quickly followed or preceded by pancakes and going fishing - LOL.
  • dawningr
    dawningr Posts: 387 Member
    Options
    Definitely Cake. This is why there's none in my house.
  • kristen6022
    kristen6022 Posts: 1,926 Member
    Options
    Potato Chips. Made the mistake of buying a bag of Salt and Vinegar Lay's for a party I hosted, hardly anyone ate them. But the bag is gone and it didn't get thrown out...
  • JossFit
    JossFit Posts: 588 Member
    Options
    Good caramel popcorn or Haagen Daas Salted Caramel ice cream. If someone held a gun to my head and MADE me portion out a serving of one of those and eat ONLY that portion I could, but thats about the lengths it would take!
  • scott1111111
    scott1111111 Posts: 53 Member
    Options
    Mine are weird, crab I can eat it by the pound and i just don't seem to fill up on it. Shrimp is another. Pasta is a binge food for me i have trouble just eating the suggested portion size. From the sweets perspective is pie, I love pie.
  • a778c466
    a778c466 Posts: 141 Member
    Options
    Pizza. Love it.
  • Calliope610
    Calliope610 Posts: 3,771 Member
    Options
    CHEESE. I have been known to eat an 8oz block of cheese in a single sitting, especially if I make quesadillos.

I have been telling myself for years that I can have cheese in the refrigerator and eat cheese sparingly, but I am only fooling myself. The only good cheese in the kind NOT in my fridge.
  • mbreed75
    mbreed75 Posts: 125 Member
    Options
    "Cakes and pies!"
    "Cakes and pies!"
  • StephCoff1969
    Options
    Corn tortillas, homemade salsa and refried beans... My absolute kryptonite....
  • grimendale
    grimendale Posts: 2,154 Member
    Options
    For me, it's crackers. Cheez-its, Gardettos, Combos, anything in that family. I've been able to train myself with the snack size packs, but if I buy a regular sized box, I will eat the entire thing within 2 days.
  • rvfamily4
    Options
    Chips and French Onion Dip and chips. Did I say chips.
  • My3Sons1051
    My3Sons1051 Posts: 356 Member
    Options
    Dr Pepper, pasta, and wine
  • samantha1242
    samantha1242 Posts: 816 Member
    Options
    Apparently last week it was burgers and ice cream. Whoops..

Normally it's Kraft dinner, Thai food, pasta in general, pizza and burritos.