What can you do now that you couldn't 30 days ago

Options
Yesterday, I managed to jog a lap (a lap is 1/9th of a mile at my YMCA's track), walk a lap for 2 miles. I had trouble even trying to jog one lap a month ago. So, what can you do that you couldn't a month ago?

Replies

• SarahCW1979
    SarahCW1979 Posts: 572 Member
    Options
    4 man style push-ups without faceplanting *\o/*
    Great job with the jogging, keep it up!
  • bathsheba_c
    bathsheba_c Posts: 1,873 Member
    Options
    I can sort of touch my toes sometimes under certain conditions! Oh, and I can do more than 100 crunches without feeling like I am about to die.
  • natesangel
    natesangel Posts: 210 Member
    Options
    wtg all! it's amazing what a month can do!

pushups are getting easier and easier. my biggy, i can do that stupid plank crow thing and the twisty plank things from jillian! they have been a problem for a long time!
  • h0rserunner
    h0rserunner Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    I am a barrel racer by hobby. My gut no longer touches the saddle horn. That is a big deal to a barrel racer. Those horns can leave nasty bruises.
  • spickard34
    spickard34 Posts: 303 Member
    Options
    I'm doing no more trouble zones and I can do all the scissor crunches and not give up with 5secs left:)
  • dsteach4064
    dsteach4064 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Climb the stairs at work several times a day without puffing and puffing.:happy: :happy:
  • jonheyes75
    jonheyes75 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I can now go hiking or for long walks without getting out of breath. Before hand i could walk to my local shop before getting out of breath
  • Otter1422
    Otter1422 Posts: 162 Member
    Options
    Jog for 2 miles, not sure I could do it on a consistent basis but I DID it! On week 6 C25K right now 2.25 mile jog today.
  • Ecce_Signum
    Ecce_Signum Posts: 226 Member
    Options
    41 pushups (21 2 weeks ago) and hold the plank for 90 seconds (10 seconds a month ago).
  • sbedette
    sbedette Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    I realized yesterday shoveling our driveway and sidewalk, that last year I couldn't even do that! Here in western NY, we got over a foot. I was so proud of myself! Sore today, but worth the almost 600 cals burned!
  • ChancyW
    ChancyW Posts: 437 Member
    Options
    This month I was able to run for an entire hour without stopping :happy:
  • AmandaLynn101103
    AmandaLynn101103 Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    Say that I haven't weighed this much since high school! I spent years fighting with those numbers on the scale failing every time and just this morning I hit a weight I haven't seen in 7 or 8 years easy, I'm no where near my goal yet but it feels good to have finally passed that number.
  • Kath1391
    Kath1391 Posts: 138
    Options
    Walk a good distance without being breathless haha
  • moebius13
    Options
    Walk 5K without stopping at 3.2 mph pace
  • HoosierBecky
    HoosierBecky Posts: 60 Member
    Options
    You folks are all impressive. I can do 15 minutes on my elliptical. May not seem like much but I could only do 2-3 when I first got it.:smile:
  • SRH7
    SRH7 Posts: 2,037 Member
    Options
    Do Arnold presses (lifting weights above head) with 5kg dumbbells - 30 days ago I could only manage 3kg. I'm a happy bunny.
  • TiffCK
    TiffCK Posts: 37
    Options
    I did the whole hour of Zumba Ripped yesterday! Next up, Zumba Exhilarate, which I've only managed 45 mins of so far!
  • Sandylovesm
    Sandylovesm Posts: 242 Member
    Options
    I'm much better on cardio, and can do push-ups now (but not too much huhu)
  • Livingdeadgirl44
    Livingdeadgirl44 Posts: 264 Member
    Options
    I can do a full pushup now, just the one but its progress!
  • SRH7
    SRH7 Posts: 2,037 Member
    Options
    You folks are all impressive. I can do 15 minutes on my elliptical. May not seem like much but I could only do 2-3 when I first got it.:smile:

I couldn't do 15 minutes on the elliptical to save my life! Well done :)