What can you do now that you couldn't 30 days ago

Options

Replies

• Madaly320
    Madaly320 Posts: 112 Member
    Options
    At spin class I can cycle up to 136 RPM during sprints! My first day I couldn't get past 82RPM. Sure, the other ladies hit 180RPM, but I just sit there in amazement that I actually got stronger.
  • empressichel
    empressichel Posts: 730 Member
    Options
    Increased my deadlifts and squats by about 40% during the strength phase of my bulk :love:
  • Alatariel75
    Alatariel75 Posts: 17,959 Member
    Options
    I jogged 7 mins of my 20 minute walk yesterday :)
  • Ecce_Signum
    Ecce_Signum Posts: 226 Member
    Options
    Managed 55 push ups in the 9th of 9 sets and hit a new best total of 245 :)
  • Timshel_
    Timshel_ Posts: 22,834 Member
    Options
    I can cinch down my belt a notch.
    I can turn sidewise and look to see less belly protrduing.
    I can claim a BF% under 25%, where it was almost 30% before.
    I can leap tall building in a single bound.

Okay, that last one isn't true.
    It is usually a copule bounds to get over them.
  • RepsnSets
    RepsnSets Posts: 805 Member
    Options
    Im lifting heavier than I ever did with weights but what stood out for me the last 30 days is that I did 72.5 kilo (160 pound) barbell squats and Im working on adding more weight.
  • tatiana131
    tatiana131 Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    I can run for 8 minutes straight doing Couch to 5K - I could barely run a minute when I started four weeks ago!
  • Mouse_Potato
    Mouse_Potato Posts: 1,497 Member
    Options
    I can do this: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-74V9EQTt3I
    30 days ago it was just a pipe dream.

(That's not me in the video, though!)

:bigsmile:

ETA: Darn! The video doesn't embed like in other forums. Oh, well. It's a pole dance move.
  • Phrick
    Phrick Posts: 2,765 Member
    Options
    Walk a full lap around my neighborhood in under 20 minutes - today's time was 15min 54sec.
  • tjsoccermom
    tjsoccermom Posts: 500 Member
    Options
    I started this about a week and a half ago. Can't wait until I can say the same. I'm doing it 6 days a week not 3 a week though, so I'm hoping for quicker progress. Congrats, you'll be doing the whole 5k in no time!
    I can run for 8 minutes straight doing Couch to 5K - I could barely run a minute when I started four weeks ago!
  • agirlscamaro
    agirlscamaro Posts: 175 Member
    Options
    I can finish a 5k. I wouldn't have thought I could finish it a month ago. I just completed my first this part Saturday. I was 18/22. I ran/walked. It was a trail run in the mountains to boot!!
  • femmefae
    femmefae Posts: 65 Member
    Options
    I can run two miles on the treadmill...I could MAYBE do 1/2 a mile 30 days a ago
  • Lt_Starbuck
    Lt_Starbuck Posts: 576 Member
    Options
    Bench Press 50 pounds - now Im at 65x5
    Squat 55 pounds - now Im at 125
    Lat Pull 80 pounds - now Im at 100x3
    Incline Dumbbell Bench press 25 pounds - now Im doing 50
    get the barbell over my head for OHP - guess what I can do now
    Deadlift in a trap bar now
    Inverted Bodyweight Rows

and a half chin up, b-words

BAM
  • Lt_Starbuck
    Lt_Starbuck Posts: 576 Member
    Options
    Increased my deadlifts and squats by about 40% during the strength phase of my bulk :love:

:love:
  • bookworm_847
    bookworm_847 Posts: 1,903 Member
    Options
    I can get nearly all the way down when I'm doing squats. About a month ago, I was just bending my knees a little and calling it good. A couple weeks or so, perhaps I'll be able to get the a** to the grass thing that people talk about? :wink:

ETA: Congrats to you all on your achievements. You're amazing!
  • CharityGC
    CharityGC Posts: 499 Member
    Options
    20 regular pushups. I do 50/day (I'm in a monthly challenge and that's part of it) and I do them all regular but I do 10, five second break, 10 more. Then I usually wait a bit before finishing.
  • KassLamb
    KassLamb Posts: 98 Member
    Options
    I can now wear whatever top I want with whichever pair of jeans I want. I used to pair only loose, flowy tops with my tighter jeans to hide my lumpy muffin top. No more muffin top in any of the jeans I own, and my bigger ones will soon need a belt.
  • dhiammarath
    dhiammarath Posts: 834 Member
    Options
    Get up at 7am without snoozing the alarm to 8am (resetting my "internal" clock).
    Deadlift anything, much less over 100 pounds
    Squat anything, much less almost 90 pounds!
    Shoulder presses with 17.3 lb weights. Before, I could barely get 5's going.
    Do rows and lateral pull downs at 80 pounds.
    Not being too scared to go to the gym (BY MYSELF) and lift weights when my gym partner was otherwise unable to go. This is big.

Weight lifting with confidence: 30 days ago, I was just really getting started with the NROLFW and I was timid. But the gym is mine now and I've learned so much that it is hard to encapsulate in a single message.

What I can say I've learned the most is when the motivation is gone, when it's the hardest to feel like you're going anywhere, I still go to the gym and still lift through grit and determination and sheer willpower. I've made this decision to work on strength, and by golly, nothing's standing in my way. Not even demotivational factors in my life.

I'm not entirely sure I could have said that a month ago. So I suppose this is also emotional/non-quantifiable strength.

Today's no different -- I've got nothing propelling me forward. No BF% change, no happy rah-rah moment, no 'I'm feeling GOOD' feelings. The motivational well is dry; so it's with grit and sheer will that I'm slogging through today. I'm taking no crap from Life today!! I REVEL IN IT. I EAT STRUGGLING FOR BREAKFAST.
  • AlongCame_Molly
    AlongCame_Molly Posts: 2,835 Member
    Options
    I couldn't even finish 30DS Level 1 thirty days ago...and yesterday I started Level THREE, with (almost) no rests!
  • ElizabethKG1983
    ElizabethKG1983 Posts: 76 Member
    Options
    I can complete my one hour kickboxing class and for the most part keep up with the people that have been doing it for years. When I first started two months ago I could barely get through a class and couldn't do most of the things!