What can you do now that you couldn't 30 days ago

Options

Replies

• mike667grace
    Options
    100 pushups in sets of 25, 180 biceps curls (sets of 30), 100 triceps curls (sets of 50), 100 lat lifts (sets of 25). Jogging for 10 minutes.
    i could only do half of that a month a go, and not jog at all.
  • muayqis
    muayqis Posts: 72
    Options
    Complete more than 10 toes-to-bar without stopping(think 15-18 unbroken is my current top).
    Look at myself in the mirror without feeling utterly rubbish.
    Say i can do toe-to-bar burpees,
  • athandtia
    athandtia Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    Smile at the scales! I lost 1lb, making a total of 6. Fit comfortably into my jeans :happy:
  • himilayaneyes
    himilayaneyes Posts: 204 Member
    Options
    I can job up the 2 flights of stairs to my apartment. Still short of breath when I reach the top, but a month ago...I couldn't imagine jogging up those steps.
  • jenniferswooten
    jenniferswooten Posts: 137 Member
    Options
    Run for 5 minutes straight without dying, complete 80 squats without my legs and butt on fire.
  • onandoff
    onandoff Posts: 122 Member
    Options
    10 pushups, thanks to Jillian...
  • katarina236
    katarina236 Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    I can walk forever!!!!
    OK not forever but before I was dieing within the first 15 minutes of a hike. Last weekend I hiked for about an hour and a half and still wanted more!
  • tjsoccermom
    tjsoccermom Posts: 500 Member
    Options
    Ok everyone. Let's post some more things! Yesterday I did week 4 of c25k. I ran 3 mins walked 90 sec ran 5 mins walked 2.5 mins ran 3 mins walked 90 ran 5 mins. When I saw that was the plan, I thought there was no way I was going to be able to do it. I really had to talk myself through it. Actually, just to prove something to myself, I ran 6 minutes on the last one. Realistically my running is jogging, and my jogging is not fast but it's not walking. I know that if my big old body can do this, you guys can do whatever it is you're set to doing. So let's hear it. What can you do now that you couldn't 30 days ago?
  • TheVimFuego
    TheVimFuego Posts: 2,412 Member
    Options
    Sleep with members of the opposite sex roughly the same age as me without the attendant fear of prosecution to the full extent of the law.
  • anne2605
    anne2605 Posts: 482 Member
    Options
    I can run for 30 mins without stopping (due to complete week 9 of C25K this week).
    I can cut my toenails without grunting through the whole process.
    I can go days/weeks without chocolate.
    I can drink tea without sugar.
    :smile:
  • barefootsoul91
    Options
    I have been working on toning up my legs and arms and now (I haven't upgraded to man push-ups yet, waiting until I can do 50 girly ones ;P) I can do 30 girly ones! Could only do barely 5 about 2 weeks ago! Once I hit 50 I will upgrade to manly men pushups lol As for my legs, I can last longer running because I found that it wasn't me running low on breath, it was my legs getting tired. Now I can run max 10 minutes (given that I run about 4.5 to 5 mph. :)
  • braciatrice
    Options
    I just got through Week 1 Day 1 of C25k. I have never run 90 seconds straight in my life. I got through the pain...I said "I'm not afraid of a little leg strain"...I breathed deep...I laughed at my heart rate when my body was like "WHAT ARE YOU DOING TO ME???" and I will try it again tomorrow! :-)
  • iceey
    iceey Posts: 354 Member
    Options
    I can use the elliptical for 30 mins without dying.
    I can feel the muscles in my thighs.
    I can lift more.
    Oh, and I crave junk food less!
  • IowaJen1979
    IowaJen1979 Posts: 406 Member
    Options
    Wear the pants I have on today. :-)
  • mygrl4meee
    mygrl4meee Posts: 943 Member
    Options
    Side planks, a push up or two and run for 8 mins.
  • jayche
    jayche Posts: 1,128 Member
    Options
    Handstand push-ups!
  • smilingirisheyes
    smilingirisheyes Posts: 149 Member
    Options
    I'm off work & school this week ad spring cleaning. I can put in 5 hours of work (actual work, not counting the breaks), which I wuld not have been physically capable of not too long ago. It makes it more fun when I impress myself with my stamina!
  • ladybird1771
    ladybird1771 Posts: 99 Member
    Options
    I can run for 28 minutes now, a month ago 8 minutes felt hard! :)
  • SweetlyVague
    SweetlyVague Posts: 172 Member
    Options
    I can run for 10 minutes without slowing or stopping, which is pretty big for me since I'm asthmatic!
  • woodwardtm
    woodwardtm Posts: 361 Member
    Options
    I can jog for a whole mile without stopping. I have always hated jogging so this impresses me! ;-)